jrleftfoot
kdp59
steve3344
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spurs sign Marcus Morris - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs sign Marcus Morris

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 pm

kdp59 wrote:Yabusele is a very low bar.....LOL.

we all hope that Grant is a MUCH better player than that, for sure!!!

I’m with you, originally I wanted a Siakim type and still hope in future drafts we can get a player like that, Nets might have gotten a player like that in Claxton, who looked great last night. So I didn’t want another undersized PF, but after seeing him play and seeing a lot of his college video, I like the pick and think GW has a lot of skills/strengths that can help us.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Yabusele is a very low bar.....LOL.

we all hope that Grant is a MUCH better player than that, for sure!!!

I’m with you, originally I wanted a Siakim type and still hope in future drafts we can get a player like that, Nets might have gotten a player like that in Claxton, who looked great last night. So I didn’t want another undersized PF, but after seeing him play and seeing a lot of his college video, I like the pick and think GW has a lot of skills/strengths that can help us.

do you mean a guy like this: (drafted #15)

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2017/02/sekou-doumbouya.html

Sekou Doumbouya NBA Draft Scouting Report

SF 6-9 230 France

12/23/00 6-11 NA NA

Overview
A big, strong combo forward who has a lot of upside, especially on the defensive end and in the transition game. Sekou ranks as the top international prospect in 2019 and he's stated his commitment to enter the 2019 draft.

Strengths
A big run/jump athlete who is dynamic in the open court and has elite defensive potential. Has very good quickness for his size and is a powerful and graceful athlete who is fun to watch in the open court. He projects as a high level defender who can guard multiple positions, from 2-5. If he can reach his defensive potential he'll have a long NBA career, even if his offensive game doesn't develop. The fact that he lists Tony Allen as one of his idols and modals his game after Paul George tells you a lot about his commitment to defense.

Doumbouya gets a lot of his buckets in transition, where his size and speed make him a match-up nightmare. He changes ends beautifully and has the length and leaping ability to finish over defenders.

He is an above average three point shooter at this stage in his career. He shoots it with good fundamentals and gets good arc on his shot. He can create his own offense with the dribble, either taking it into the lane or shaking free for a jumper. He shoots it best off of catch and shoot situations but he can also hit shots off the dribble and on step backs moves.

He is developing post moves and has the size and strength to develop into a good post scorer. He can get to the rim off of quick spin moves or give a shoulder fake into a fade-way jumper. At this point his offensive game is very unpolished but he shows flashes of big time ability. He can play bully-ball and overpower the defender, using his size and good handles to power his way to the rim.

Sekou has a great NBA frame with strength, length and athleticism, to go along with an advanced skill level for a young player. His upside projection is near the top of the 2019 draft and, at the very least, he projects as a potential lottery.

Weaknesses
Still learning the game and improving his decision making.

Needs to continue to improve his fundamentals: improve his ball handling, especially his off hand, and improve his passing. Has good form but is not yet a consistent three point shooter.

Is still raw and inexperienced. Needs to gain a better understanding of the game and learn proper positioning and how to operate within the flow of the offense.

Comparisons
Seems like a bigger and more advanced version of OG Anunoby
A thicker Pascal Siakam
Terrance Jones

I was almost certain Ainge was going to snatch him up at #14 on draft night. Shows what I know

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Me too. Instead we got Romeo, and we know how that play ended. Still, Danny has put one helluva team on the Summer League floor. Wowsa. FALL, RW, GW, Edwards, Waters, Green, Ray ,O, ....quite impressive. We are going to be more than ok at the 5 within a year. Maybe by playoff time.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:05 pm

kdp I did like him, I thinking Ainge must really see something in Romeo and in video I’ve seen he actually finishes in traffic similar to Paul Pierce, if that translates to this level, we will all be really happy....check out the game he goes for 28 against Maryland on you tube.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2