France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game

3 posters

Go down

France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game Empty France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game

Post by international Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:30 am

http://www.teamfrancebasket.com/game/414171

international

Back to top Go down

France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game Empty Re: France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:10 pm

9 points and 4 boards in 9 minutes is pretty good production

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game Empty Re: France 78-74 over Germany Box score of the game

Post by international Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuEhSMoHKg

international

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:09 pm

Theis couldn’t keep Poirer off boards on last play and actually had a dunk over Poirer in this game too on an alley opp. With RW and 2 J’s we are gonna have a lot of dunks coming this year...!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:09 pm

France damn near blew this game.  They were up bigtime.

Our guy VP scored 9 points and had 4 rebounds.  I am surprised that he is not getting more minutes.  However Gobert is eating up most of the minutes at 5 and I have yet to see them play vp at PF.

So here is how he scored 9 points.  He scored off of an offense rebound and dunked.  He ran the floor on a fast break (he was the only one on his team that got down there and he easily beat his man and scored off of a two handed tomahawk dunk.  In the 2nd half he had the ball on the low block (left side, faked to his left and went to his right for a sort of runner off the backboard and got foul.  He completed the three point play.  His remaining two points came at the foul  line.  (he has a solid stroke)

Daniel Theis got 8 rebounds for Germany.  

I will be watching every game that France plays.  Thus far my take on VP is that he will bang in the post and he will run the floor.  He does not appear to have advanced offensive skills and he is not particularly good at handling the ball.  Looks rather awkward at times.  I think he can help the Celtics on the glass.  Defensively I have yet to see anything special.  He however is a very physical player.  He is not getting a lot of minutes so it is hard to get a feel for everything that he may be able to do.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:21 pm

The first offensive rebound was in traffic and he outjumped and dunked on 3 players all going for the ball, he is definitely physical and an athlete that loves to mix it up. He can rebound if given the minutes, must be a reason he led the Euroleague in rebounding. Going to be a compelling battle for minutes at the 5 between Kantor, Poirer and RW. I’m hoping RW can get some minutes at the 4....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Stevens intends to use all 4 centers but only Theis can the the stretch 5.

The up for grabs lineup is the big lineup. Last year Theis was not in as a PF in big lineups but maybe he will be this year.

The big lineup will be needed in game 1 vs Philly. So we will not have to wait long. Maybe Semi starts it off against Horford.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down