France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game

5 posters

Go down

France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game  Empty France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game

Post by international Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:29 am

http://www.teamfrancebasket.com/game/426822

international

Back to top Go down

France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game  Empty Re: France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game

Post by international Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQfujlviGWE

international

Back to top Go down

France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game  Empty Re: France remain undefeated with a win over Lithuania 78-75 -box score of the game

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks international Poirer loves to bang is absolutely fearless going for offensive boards, can’t wait to see him play this year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Thanks international Poirer loves to bang is absolutely fearless going for offensive boards, can’t wait to see him play this year.

Cow,

I agree.  100%.  He is not a finesse player.  That doesn't mean he doesn't understand the game or can't play, it means he's a physical player, much like Kanter. Poirier, based upon what I've seen, is a hard working guy who loves the paint.

We went from having Baynes who is, to be honest, limited offensively down low, to TWO bully boys down low.  This will be a very interesting experiment to watch.  Does the low post game still belong in this new NBA game?  If it does, we're loaded.  If it isn't...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Thanks international Poirer loves to bang is absolutely fearless going for offensive boards, can’t wait to see him play this year.

Cow,

I agree.  100%.  He is not a finesse player.  That doesn't mean he doesn't understand the game or can't play, it means he's a physical player, much like Kanter.  Poirier, based upon what I've seen, is a hard working guy who loves the paint.  

We went from having Baynes who is, to be honest, limited offensively down low, to TWO bully boys down low.  This will be a very interesting experiment to watch.  Does the low post game still belong in this new NBA game?  If it does, we're loaded.  If it isn't...

bob

I say it does. When you have 3 of the greatest shooters in history all on same team like GS had last 2 years, that’s tough to beat, and all can also drive and facilitate. Without those 3 dead eyes together, the teams with an inside force will have a better chance, especially if you give the dominant bigs some necessary shooters....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Bob in the limited time that I’ve seen Poirer on film/video, I also noticed he always puts a body on people so even if he doesn’t grab the board, his man won’t either. He also looks quite athletic and energetic. I think I’m gonna be screaming less than last few years when we gave up a lot of offensive boards at times.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:10 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Bob in the limited time that I’ve seen Poirer on film/video, I also noticed he always puts a body on people so even if he doesn’t grab the board, his man won’t either. He also looks quite athletic and energetic. I think I’m gonna be screaming less than last few years when we gave up a lot of offensive boards at times.....

Cow,

Once again, I agree 100%. He is pretty active on defense and almost always puts his body on someone, and you know how focused I am on offensive rebounding, both getting them and not letting them get any.

Good thing people have seen us together. They might start thinking we're the same person.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Bob in the limited time that I’ve seen Poirer on film/video, I also noticed he always puts a body on people so even if he doesn’t grab the board, his man won’t either. He also looks quite athletic and energetic. I think I’m gonna be screaming less than last few years when we gave up a lot of offensive boards at times.....

Cow,

Once again, I agree 100%.  He is pretty active on defense and almost always puts his body on someone, and you know how focused I am on offensive rebounding, both getting them and not letting them get any.

Good thing people have seen us together.  They might start thinking we're the same person.

bob

Lol except those years you were delusionally trying to make a case for Kelly O.

Obviously you were incorrect and not your normal pit bull self as KO is no longer with the team, because you can’t win with a soft pussycat like that at the 4 or 5.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pm

....and I liked his hair

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Cow, when I put the post , i knew you were going to like it .I should add a few details.
Poirier is a very good passer.
unselfish
willing to bang with anybody.
Having a dominant player in both side of the court like Rudy Gobert , i was very surprised that with the game in line and the score tied ,remaining 3.00 minutes,was Poirier who was playing instead of Gobert.that speaks a lot about the confidence the French coach has in him.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:55 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:....and I liked his hair

LOL I didn't like his hair. He played with it too much. That took away one of his hands from being available to do basketball stuff. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Danny Ainge has addressed his rebounding issue.  Offensive limitations from our centers in terms of stretching the floor may big the biggest challenge.  Kanter should be able to at least step away from the post and get shots up in a midrange area off of screens.  We are going to see a lot of pick and roles as Walker was a top guy in those situations.  We are going to see more small ball.  We are going to more two man action up top with Walker and GH or JT.  We are going to see more second chance points more fast break opportunities and more free throw attempts this year.

This team will still put a lot of points on the board but the offense will be more diverse.  Brad is not going to abandon his preference to put up a lot of 3 point shots but now for the first time he can also use the strength of post scorers.  

The depth at our center position will permit them to go hard with no need to pace themselves.  

It's great being an underdog.  The teamwork and unselfish play that I am seeing from our FIBA participants (all 6 of them) bodes well.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:....and I liked his hair

LOL I didn't like his hair.  He played with it too much.  That took away one of his hands from being available to do basketball stuff.  Rolling Eyes
Lmao!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:14 pm

dboss wrote:Danny Ainge has addressed his rebounding issue.  Offensive limitations from our centers in terms of stretching the floor may big the biggest challenge.  Kanter should be able to at least step away from the post and get shots up in a midrange area off of screens.  We are going to see a lot of pick and roles as Walker was a top guy in those situations.  We are going to see more small ball.  We are going to more two man action up top with Walker and GH or JT.  We are going to see more second chance points more fast break opportunities and more free throw attempts this year.

This team will still put a lot of points on the board but the offense will be more diverse.  Brad is not going to abandon his preference to put up a lot of 3 point shots but now for the first time he can also use the strength of post scorers.  

The depth at our center position will permit them to go hard with no need to pace themselves.  

It's great being an underdog.  The teamwork and unselfish play that I am seeing from our FIBA participants (all 6 of them) bodes well.
Agreed on all that. I think we all want to see a team with low post scoring and rebounding that Kantor excels at to succeed. Also we are going to see a lot more dunks as we have a lot more finishers on lobs now, that Baynes struggled to finish, with Poirer, who literally jumps out on the TV screen on those plays and RW, Theis looks like he’s gotten his legs back and 2 J’s love dunking and are good at it, hopefully Romeo too...

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbgKKTUM7wY

international

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:28 pm

RW  looks like the most athletic player on this team in terms of hops followed by Poirier and Theis who can also get up... I would rank them 1,2 3 in terms of pure athleticism.

Poirirer looks to be the more physical rebounder of the 3 backups because he uses his body more effectively and he can get up.  

Kanter's track record speaks for itself and will likely be our top rebounders.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down