Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery

+2
wideclyde
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery Empty Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/09/18/indiana-basketball-celtics-romeo-langford-fully-cleared/

Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery

by Alec Lasley

1 day ago Follow @allasley

Former Indiana basketball guard Romeo Langford has been fully cleared to return to basketball activities.
With NBA training camp quickly approaching, former Indiana basketball freshman guard Romeo Langford has been fully cleared to return to basketball activities following his thumb surgery.

Reported by Ben Stinar, Langford is back on the floor and participating in all drills for the Boston Celtics.

Ben Stinar
@BenStinar
Per sources: Boston Celtics 1st round pick Romeo Langford has been fully cleared for a few weeks.

Langford had thumb surgery in April.

8:13 AM - Sep 18, 2019

Langford missed all of the NBA Summer League for the Celtics as he recovered from the thumb surgery back in the Spring.

Drafted No. 14 overall in the 2019 NBA Draft, it is well-known the struggles the former five-star guard had with his shooting stroke in his lone season in Bloomington.

Throughout this offseason however, Langford worked with Celtics’ assistant Joe Mazzulla on how to rework his shooting form, getting himself ready for the start of camp and preseason.

With all of the injury talk, Langford’s Rookie of the Year odds emulated that, as he ranked 10th amongst the rookies in that category.

bob
MY NOTE:  We all sorta knew this, but this is confirmation that he is fully cleared and has been for weeks.  I am assuming he has been in Brighton, at the Auerbach Center, working out.  Good news.  As I said in another post our top draft pick isn't even being mentioned.  I just looked back at 2019 mock drafts:  Langford was picked 14 by us on nbadraft.net (they were right), #15 on mynbadraft.com and #16 on Bleacher Report.  So all 3 had him as a lottery pick, or right on the cusp, despite his well-documented and known damaged thumb so Danny wasn't reaching when he took him at 14...with a torn tendon in his thumb...still late lottery.  Unless Danny and Brad completely miscalculated what skills are transferable to the NBA now that he's healthy he can't be worse than what everybody thought was a solid late lottery pick and that's still pretty damn good. The hard part will be finding him minutes. At 6'6", 210# he's a 2 in the NBA, if he can move his feet laterally.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery Empty Re: Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery

Post by wideclyde Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm

This kid has to fall into a "mystery" category at this time for the coaches and the fans, but I am sure that he will get plenty of opportunity to show himself as either being ready or not throughout the pre-season.

By not being able to play in the summer league, I am sure that he feels that he is behind the other young guys, but if he has the talent relative to where he was drafted he will get his chances.

probably the best advice I could give him would be to not to try to do too much all at once. Just learn, hustle and accept all of the available coaching and not expect to be perfect right out of the gate.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery Empty Re: Romeo Langford fully cleared following surgery

Post by dboss Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Too bad he comes in with a broke jumper. That may set him back a while until it is fixed.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Fingers crossed when it comes to Langford. Hopefully he can justify the draft position used to take him.

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 am

I think some of us were more concerned about the Langford pick because we felt a big man was a much bigger need at the time, not that Langford may not become a solid NBA player.

Brandon Clarke, Kabengele and even Bol, were all big men who also had pre draft rankings near the #14 pick.

Clarke won the MVP of summer league I would note (not that it means he will become a great NBA player of course). We all know hat Bol feel to the mid second round, either due to injuries or the feeling that his game will not work in the modern NBA.

Some of us look at his past drafts, especially when it comes to big men and feel Ainge has a bad track record.

Either way time will tell if he made the correct picks on draft day this time.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm

I know so little about him, am anxious to see what we have here. This kid is behind the eight ball, since the other guys have been playing all summer and getting their feet wet. Interesting next few weeks
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down