Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact

+5
dboss
wideclyde
KyleCleric
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact Empty Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact

NESN By Next Week by Chris Grenham on Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 7:35PM

The Boston Celtics chose four high-character prospects with their 2019 draft selections, but their top pick still is recovering from an injury to his shooting hand. Indiana’s Romeo Langford played through a torn ligament in his thumb during his lone season for the Hoosiers, which resulted in a surgery that took place in April. Langford missed pre-draft workouts due to the ailment, but the 19-year-old wing began basketball activities a little over a week ago, according to the Boston Herald. Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told reporters after the draft that he was not worried about the injury long-term.

Despite the progression and lack of concern, Langford isn’t expected to be cleared for full contact at the start of Boston’s summer league practices, per Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe. Ainge said Monday that Langford’s summer league status was up in the air. Langford’s shooting numbers at Indiana were not pretty, as he shot just 27.2 percent from deep in 32 games. But the hope is that with a fully healed shooting hand, his perimeter production will improve.

Boston is set to have an exciting summer league roster with the likes of Robert Williams III, Grant Williams, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters, Max Strus and 7-foot-7 Tacko Fall. Langford would, of course, be a welcomed addition to that group, but they should be an entertaining bunch either way. The Celtics begin their summer league schedule July 6 when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers at 5:30 p.m. ET. All summer league games will take place at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas, Nev.

Back to top Go down

Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact Empty Re: Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 pm

All I want to see is Tacko "THE BIG EVENT" Fall play!

Back to top Go down

Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact Empty Re: Romeo Langford Reportedly Won’t Be Cleared For Full Contact

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:11 pm

Romeo will be at summer League I'm sure, he just won't be playing.  Still good for bonding, learning the plays, learning what the coaches expect.

Also more opportunities for undersized shooting guards Carson Edwards and Tremont Waters to show they can run an offense too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Yabusele expected to play. Ojeleye won’t

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Yabusele may find a way to prop up his trade value?? I can only wish.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Summer league is a basketball  junkies's paradise.  One last hit before the long hot summer goes into full swing.

The two guys I am most interesting in seeing is the undersized shooting guard Carsen Edwards and the oversized center Tacko Fall.

The good news is that I will be making my annual pilgrimage to Boston and me and one of my best  friends, who just happens to be a Celtics fan like me for 60 years, will be able to watch a Celtics game together,  albeit, a summer league event.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm

This is really too bad, as I was hoping to see Langford play. Hopefully, he can be a rotation guy. I already think G. Williams and Edwards will be
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Some people are saying Romeo Langford is the steal of this draft. Now he is totally under the radar. What do you think? Any news from Boston about Romeo on his thumb/hand rehab and workout ethic? I am going for RW and RL as being the steals of the last 2 drafts. Your thoughts?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:23 pm

worcester wrote:Some people are saying Romeo Langford is the steal of this draft. Now he is totally under the radar. What do you think? Any news from Boston about Romeo on his thumb/hand rehab and workout ethic?  I am going for RW and RL as being the  steals of the last 2 drafts. Your thoughts?

Worcester,

Are you referring just about Celtics players or all players in the draft?
RW barely played last year.
I would say Anfernee Simons from Portland could be the steal of the draft.
I'm just not sure how much playing time he will get this season.
Not one player in the 2018 draft, outside of the lottery, averaged double figures in points, so it's hard to determine who was a steal for that draft.

As for 2019,  Langford didn't even play in summer league so I am not sure how you can consider him a steal since we have no idea how good he is.
I would think Carson Edwards will be considered one of the steals in the 2019 draft.
Of course, Bol Bol could easily be the steal of the draft based on him being drafted at #44.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I am just looking for some facts to back up my wishful thinking re RW and RL.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:01 pm

There is still no point in pushing Langford's injury at this point. There are no games until almost November, and pre season doesn't begin until late September. I am sure that the staff and trainers are already pushing him to do everything that he is medically capable. We will see what he can do in September when hemight just outshine every one in summer ball.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 pm

worcester wrote:I am just looking for some facts to back up my wishful thinking re RW and RL.
Don’t have actual facts, but I’d say every GM would want a young big with the length and attributes of RW. Supposedly he has been putting in the work this summer, he had some surprising great passing in SL. We have to get him 15-20 minutes a game this year and I think he will earn them. Romeo reminds me of Paul Pierce in the video I’ve seen, not the quickest or most explosive leaper, but strong with a long wingspan and knows how to get where he needs to go with a nice touch around the basket.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm

I am hoping for the best with both of them. RW really had the goods in SL, and I do think that will carry over. My nephew who is a successful semi-pro gambler has great things to say about Romeo. Sure hope he is right.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:36 pm

worcester wrote:I am hoping for the best with both of them. RW really had the goods in SL, and I do think that will carry over. My nephew who is a successful semi-pro gambler has great things to say about Romeo. Sure hope he is right.
My sons best friend Gavin, his father graduated from Indiana and both have raved about Romeo, we are actually lucky, no way he would have been there at 14 if not for his injury....seems like a 5 tool player once he gets his outside shot down.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down