kdp59
tjmakz
bobheckler
dboss
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
10 posters

Go down

Rumors..............boy do I hate them Empty Rumors..............boy do I hate them

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:37 pm

The newest rumor is just like the old rumor two years ago. Jaylen Brown for Blake Griffin. UGH. He could have a spectacular first month and all of a sudden would be out for three with another injury. I don't care what talent he has, he is constantly hurt. Jaylen has to be really flattered, all you read about is the amount of teams who would trade for him in a minute.

KEEP THEM ALL. I WANT BROWN HERE!! I am not reading this junk anymore
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Rumors..............boy do I hate them Empty Re: Rumors..............boy do I hate them

Post by gyso Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Yuck. No to Blake Griffin.

Back to top Go down

Rumors..............boy do I hate them Empty Re: Rumors..............boy do I hate them

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:01 pm

The money does not come remotely close to working.

Just like so many other what if rumors.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:54 pm

dboss wrote:The money does not come remotely close to working.

Dboss,

Jaylen and Danny are talking extension. If that happens the numbers could work. Not saying I like this deal, I don't.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:05 am

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:The money does not come remotely close to working.

Dboss,

Jaylen and Danny are talking extension.  If that happens the numbers could work.  Not saying I like this deal, I don't.

bob

If Jaylen and the Celtics agree on an extension, it wouldn’t start until next season.
As a general comment, NBA rumors are rampant on click bait websites and on twitter.
It’s no different from one of us making up a rumor.
Most rumors should be ignored.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 am

yeah, the salaries don't come close to working. not to mention Blake is an OLD 30 years old and while we have a real need of another big man, he does not fit the timeline for when we can next compete for a title, IMO.

now....if one wants to make up rumors that make some sense how about this one!!

Jaylen Brown and the Grizzlies pick to Memphis for Jared Jackson Jr.

I just made it up...but feel free to run with it someone!!

Very Happy

would "balance" our roster nicely, Jackson has an additional year on his rookie deal so Ainge won't have to worry about Browns new deal.

Memphis swaps one young big man for a young Swing man and get their own first back for paying Brown a year sooner.

win/ win to me.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:45 am

Pet Shop Boys have a song, "What have I done to deserve this?" which features Dusty Springfield. If Jaylen gets traded, that should be his theme song. He has been so disrespected in his career by the Celts. Getting traded would be the final insult.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:51 am

worcester wrote:Pet Shop Boys have a song, "What have I done to deserve this?" which features Dusty Springfield. If Jaylen gets traded, that should be his theme song. He has been so disrespected in his career by the Celts. Getting traded would be the final insult.

good point and I agree with that, I like Brown and hope he;s here a long time.

However, Getting Jackson back would make it a good deal for the Celtics. Jackson is 6-11 with  7-4 wingspan, has an additional year on his rookie deal over Brown and shot 35.9% from 3 as a rookie. This guy could become the next combination of Embiid and a greek freak. Plus we have plenty of Wings.

heck, I even  fleshed the whole deal out.

Brown and Poirier and the Memphis future first

for

Jackson and Allen

new roster

Starters:
Kanter
Jackson
Tatum
Smart
Walker

Rotational players:
Hayward- the New Havlicek
Theis
Rob or Grant Williams
Langford or Semi
Wanamaker or Edwards

Final roster spots:
Grayson Allen
Tacko the great

whats ' not to like?

clown
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Jaren Jackson Jr. averaged 26.1mpg last year.  He also averaged only 4.7 rebounds/game.  He's 6'11", 240# with a 7'4" wingspan and he only averaged 4.7rpg. Remember how upset we used to get because 6'9" Jeff Green didn't rebound like a 6'9" player should? In Green's last season with Boston he averaged 4.6rpg. Evan Turner was another player that didn't rebound as well as some would have liked. He averaged 4.9rpg in his last year with Boston.

/game................................ppg..........fg%..........rpg..........blks
Jaren Jackson Jr--------------13.8-------50.6--------4.7--------1.4
Robert Williams III-----------2.5--------70.6--------1.7---------1.3

/36mpg.............................ppg...........fg%..........rpg..........blks
Jaren Jackson Jr--------------19---------50.6--------6.5--------1.9
Robert Williams III-----------10.3-------70.6--------10.3-------6.8

I fully realize that extrapolating a player that played < 10mpg out to 36mpg is not good, but what I'm trying to say is that The Time Lord, with hardly any opportunity, no summer league last year and no preseason camp, made the most of the limited minutes (283 minutes, total) he was given.  Trading a quality player that is just entering into his own after sacrificing his offensive game to Kyrie's ball-hogging for a player that, when RWill gets the amount of experience he has, might be fully redundant makes no sense to me.

We have a player for the fraction of the price, also only starting the 2nd year of his rookie contract, who will be given the chance that Jackson has already been given in Memphis.  Let's show some patience and not just give away Brown AND a top 6 protected pick for a big that didn't rebound or block.  Our front court's biggest weakness, as I am seeing it today, is baseline defense.  If last year is prologue then Robert Williams fills that need better than Jaren Jackson Jr and may (should!) get the chance to prove it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

I can’t stand Grayson Allen....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:49 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jaren Jackson Jr. averaged 26.1mpg last year.  He also averaged only 4.7 rebounds/game.  He's 6'11", 240# with a 7'4" wingspan and he only averaged 4.7rpg.  Remember how upset we used to get because 6'9" Jeff Green didn't rebound like a 6'9" player should?  In Green's last season with Boston he averaged 4.6rpg.  Evan Turner was another player that didn't rebound as well as some would have liked.  He averaged 4.9rpg in his last year with Boston.

/game................................ppg..........fg%..........rpg..........blks
Jaren Jackson Jr--------------13.8-------50.6--------4.7--------1.4
Robert Williams III-----------2.5--------70.6--------1.7---------1.3

/36mpg.............................ppg...........fg%..........rpg..........blks
Jaren Jackson Jr--------------19---------50.6--------6.5--------1.9
Robert Williams III-----------10.3-------70.6--------10.3-------6.8

I fully realize that extrapolating a player that played < 10mpg out to 36mpg is not good, but what I'm trying to say is that The Time Lord, with hardly any opportunity, no summer league last year and no preseason camp, made the most of the limited minutes (283 minutes, total) he was given.  Trading a quality player that is just entering into his own after sacrificing his offensive game to Kyrie's ball-hogging for a player that, when RWill gets the amount of experience he has, might be fully redundant makes no sense to me.

We have a player for the fraction of the price, also only starting the 2nd year of his rookie contract, who will be given the chance that Jackson has already been given in Memphis.  Let's show some patience and not just give away Brown AND a top 6 protected pick for a big that didn't rebound or block.  Our front court's biggest weakness, as I am seeing it today, is baseline defense.  If last year is prologue then Robert Williams fills that need better than Jaren Jackson Jr and may (should!) get the chance to prove it.

bob

+1 we don’t need bigs that can’t do/gravitate to the dirty work

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

it's all made up anyway.

but I think you guys are selling 20YO Jared Jackson short.

time will tell, and maybe in a year to two, you will be proven spot on. I think instead you may be wishing we had somehow gotten Jackson myself. I think he may become a very,very good big man in todays NBA.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Memphis is in a rebuilding mode.  I do not see them trading away their young center.  They drafted Morant to replace Conely and they could add JB through free agency.  

In any event most rumors ignore the underlying needs of team including salary considerations.

Just because some Celtics fan thinks for example that we should trade for Indy center Myles Turner it ignores the fact that Indy happens to really like him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm

I'll keep Brown and the Memphis pick, thank you. You can have Griffin and Jackson.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:36 pm

So far I've seen rumors on Brown getting traded for Turner, Griffin or Gasol. There will be more.

To this point, it doesn't seem any of them have any basis. Just someone speculating who could be traded for who. Or is that whom? The rumors are about as much a sure thing as my grammar.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Grayson Allen is my least favorite player in the NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down