NESportsfan12
sinus007
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rumors about trade rumors Empty Rumors about trade rumors

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Hi,
Here's one that I'm not sure I'd go for: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chris-mannix-jaylen-brown-trade-164817549.html
Neither Beal nor Dame aren't that much better than JB on offense. On defense JB, IMO, is better. Plus the salaries much higher.
What do you think?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Rumors about trade rumors Empty Re: Rumors about trade rumors

Post by NESportsfan12 Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Helllllllll no.

That’s about the extent of my analysis on that one.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Every time you turn around there is another stupid trade JB rumor
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:59 pm

Jaylen is bigger and better at 24 than these guys were at 24, he’s got way more good years still coming that these guys as good as they are don’t have at 29 and 31.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:00 am

Hi,
Pardon my English: should've used "are" instead of "aren't"
As for JB, I'm glad there're people of the same opinion. Hope Brad and Ime are in the same camp.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:45 am

The Celts are going to surround the J's.  Build around them.  Mannix and Jeff Goodman are thick as a rock.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:00 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-really-good-market-215137986.html

NBA Rumors: 'Really good market' for Celtics' Marcus Smart

Justin Leger
Fri, July 2, 2021, 2:51 PM

With Kemba Walker headed to Oklahoma City, Marcus Smart is the next man up for the Boston Celtics at point guard.

At least, for now.

The Celtics are expected to have a busy summer with a possible roster overhaul. Team co-owner Wyc Grousbeck readily admitted he's "prepared" for big changes to the roster this offseason.

Smart, who's scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after next season, could be a part of those changes. Or, the Celtics could lock up their longest-tenured player to a contract extension.

On the latest episode of The Ringer's Bill Simmons Podcast, Simmons and Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix discussed how the C's might approach the Smart situation.

"My feeling is either Marcus gets extended or traded, but it'll happen in the next six weeks and it'll be one or the other," Simmons said. "And I would lean toward the extension, but I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him for, I don't know, the seventh pick with the Warriors. ... The 7-9 range is probably his value because I do think contending teams really value him because they've seen him in three conference finals teams. They know he could be a fourth or fifth guy on a really good team."

Mannix mentions the Trail Blazers, who could make some significant changes of their own this summer, as a potential destination for Smart.

"If Portland keeps Lillard -- that's why [CJ] McCollum is intriguing for Boston, because Smart would probably complement Lillard differently at least than McCollum does," Mannix said. "The biggest problem in Portland is there's no defensive backstop there. There's nobody that can guard wings the way Smart can. So you put Smart next to Lillard, you take a lot of pressure off him in that sense. There's a really good market for Marcus Smart."

You can listen to the full segment below:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4a4Y8TL8Efe1GG0deHCidh

Mannix on Jaylen trade: Two names the C's would have to consider
If Boston does decide to move on from Smart, his absence would be felt both in the backcourt and in the locker room. The 27-year-old has been a leader off the court and an All-Defensive presence on it. Those factors undoubtedly will weigh on president of basketball operations Brad Stevens as he ponders one of his many cruicial decisions this offseason.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:09 pm

First of all, I realize he is the biggest chip other than Jaylen and Jason, but I really think this would be a mistake. I know McCollum is an excellent guard, but he loves to score, so the ball may not find it's way around to Jaylen or Jason as much as we would like. People complained that Kemba looked for his shot too much, what do you think McCollum would do?
Second of all and most important, we complained about our defense last year? Without Smart, it will take another step back. I know people will say Langford, He is not Smart.
If a trade has to be made, I think it may be Thompson, he would be a good chip for a playoff team that has center problems

Isn't the date coming up to release players who have no guarantees? Luke, Semi, Waters, Tacko?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:58 pm

I do not see a MS trade for any wing.  And if keeping EF is a top priority look for the Cellts to make a minor trade or use an exception to add a veteran BU PG.

I would bet that our new coach appreciates MS defensive versatility.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:27 am

dboss wrote:I do not see a MS trade for any wing.  And if keeping EF is a top priority look for the Cellts to make a minor trade or use an exception to add a veteran BU PG.

I would bet that our new coach appreciates MS defensive versatility.

There aren't too many options to improve the team. If you believe that in his 3rd year, a hopefully healthy Langford can replace Marcus Smart, then it will be good to translate Marcus' value into something that has a better fit with the Celts.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 am

If you believe in his 3d year Langford will replace Smart's contributions, you might as well believe in the tooth fairie. Marcus is, in many respects the heart and soul of the Celtics.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:44 am

Lot of unanswered questions.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:13 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:If you believe in his 3d year Langford will replace Smart's contributions, you might as well believe in the tooth fairie. Marcus is, in many respects the heart and soul of the Celtics.

Very Happy Tooth fairy works most of the times. Right?

Actually, if you read carefully, I was saying that Smart's contributions would be replaced by valuable contributions in some other aspects of the game. But since we are on that point let's chat some more.

I believe that Langford will be able to replace Smart's defensive prowess: switching on to various positions and be able to guard. Langford may have some problems boxing out 5s as Smart is special in boxing out with his strength and his lower center of gravity. On offense, Langford is probably where Smart AND Jaylen Brown were, at this point in their careers. And both of them did not experience the injury issues that Langford has. How bad is the bet that Langford may be able to contribute offensively at the same level as Smart? Yes, Langord can't run the offense. So, can the Celts find other places from where to run the offense?

Coming to a bigger question, this is not a point that you have raised in your response: Are you satisfied with the Celts roster? If not, what do YOU see as trade chips and moves that the Celts can make?

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Langford may turn out to be a very good player, but he can't run the offense or exert Smart's leadership,nor should he be expected to. Has he been available for as many games as he hasn't? I'm too lazy to look it up. Speculating about trades isn't something that occupies a lot of my time. The three guys I would least be willing to part with are Jayson , Jaylen and Smart. I have yet to see a trade proposal that interests me, involving Smart or Brown. I'm not satisfied with the roster, but making it worse doesn't appeal to me either. I' ll leave the roster management to Stevens. I expect Udoka loves Smart's defense and passion. There is no tooth fairie.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:28 pm

+1
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:06 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Langford may turn out to be a very good player, but he can't run the offense or exert Smart's leadership,nor should he be expected to. Has he been available for as many games as he hasn't? I'm too lazy to look it up. Speculating about trades isn't something that occupies a lot of my time. The three guys I would least be willing to part with are Jayson , Jaylen and Smart. I have yet to see a trade proposal that interests me, involving Smart or Brown. I'm not satisfied with the roster, but making it worse doesn't appeal to me either. I' ll leave the roster management to Stevens. I expect Udoka loves Smart's defense and passion. There is no tooth fairie.

Got it. Then I will seek conversations on such matters with other posters as that does interest me.

No there is no tooth fairie and if we stick with Brown Tatum and Smart, we may need the leprechaun to step in and improve the roster. Unless, Langford or maybe Nesmith take a big step. But then, expecting improvement from young players seems to be a foolish expectation.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:16 am

I am expecting big jumps by both Romeo and AN, they have to put in the work, we have them on cheap contracts. I’m sure they know what they need to do, and are getting further help from the staff.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:31 am

Prakash, I appreciate your good grammar, not ending clauses or sentences with a preposition.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:36 am

worcester wrote:Prakash, I appreciate your good grammar, not ending clauses or sentences with a preposition.

Worcester,

Of course. Did you expect him to? <Snark>

Time to wake up and smell the sarcasm.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:56 am

Cow 

I agree with you and expect to see YOY improvement from both of them and also from PP.

RL may never develop into a significant offensive player but his size length and instincts on defense may open up more rotation minutes for him.  I still need to see more.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:59 pm

dboss wrote:Cow 

I agree with you and expect to see YOY improvement from both of them and also from PP.

RL may never develop into a significant offensive player but his size length and instincts on defense may open up more rotation minutes for him.  I still need to see more.

I doubt RL’s offense will be as bad as Smart was for a few of his early years. Coming out of college I thought Smart was going to be a much better scorer and finisher than he is.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:44 am

prakash wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Langford may turn out to be a very good player, but he can't run the offense or exert Smart's leadership,nor should he be expected to. Has he been available for as many games as he hasn't? I'm too lazy to look it up. Speculating about trades isn't something that occupies a lot of my time. The three guys I would least be willing to part with are Jayson , Jaylen and Smart. I have yet to see a trade proposal that interests me, involving Smart or Brown. I'm not satisfied with the roster, but making it worse doesn't appeal to me either. I' ll leave the roster management to Stevens. I expect Udoka loves Smart's defense and passion. There is no tooth fairie.

Got it.  Then I will seek conversations on such matters with other posters as that does interest me.

No there is no tooth fairie and if we stick with Brown Tatum and Smart, we may need the leprechaun to step in and improve the roster.  Unless, Langford or maybe Nesmith take a big step.  But then, expecting improvement from young players seems to be a foolish expectation.
             If we get rid of Smart , the leprauchan may not be able to help. Please feel free to discuss whatever you want with whoever you like. I didn't realize that I was inhibiting you from so doing. I fully expect Langford , Nesmith and Pritchard to improve. I just don't agree that trading Smart will be good for the team. I hope that clarifies MY position , so that you may pursue your conversations without my interference.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:11 am

jrleftfoot wrote:
prakash wrote:

Got it.  Then I will seek conversations on such matters with other posters as that does interest me.

No there is no tooth fairie and if we stick with Brown Tatum and Smart, we may need the leprechaun to step in and improve the roster.  Unless, Langford or maybe Nesmith take a big step.  But then, expecting improvement from young players seems to be a foolish expectation.
             If we get rid of Smart , the leprauchan may not be able to help. Please feel free to discuss whatever you want with whoever you like. I didn't realize that I was inhibiting you from so doing. I fully expect Langford , Nesmith and Pritchard to improve. I just don't agree that trading Smart will be good for the team. I hope that clarifies MY position , so that you may pursue your conversations without my interference.

Oh I don't have any issue with your position on Smart. We will just differ on that.

It is the position on tooth fairy that doesn't make any sense to me.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:46 am

You lost me at improvement from young players seem to be a foolish expectation….really don’t know what game you’ve been watching, but it happens with all the greats all the time. They don’t come in polished and complete, and early in their career they add a lot of skills, ex 2 J’s and they are still young and there’s plenty countless others too; Larry and Magic were constantly adding from their rookie year on….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:55 am

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2021/07/04/atlanta-hawks-kris-dunn-trade/

Why Kris Dunn needs to be traded this offseason

by Matthew Hallett1 day ago Follow @mervsports78

Now that the fairytale season for the Atlanta Hawks is over, the time has arrived to look at some of the moves the team needs to make for them to potentially take the next step in the 2021-22 season and beyond. As Trae Young said, this is just the beginning for this group.

The problem is that the Hawks have got $93 million of committed salary on their books with Jthe prospect of losing John Collins and only ten players under contract. Part of the issue is the Hawks need a second superstar to either emerge or come via trade.

Collins is likely to be overpaid this offseason given the lack of talent on the free-agent market. Collins has also shown that he can genuinely be a 20 point, 10 rebound guy for a full season. This type of player does not grow on trees. The other thing to consider is Collins has now tasted the joy and despair that goes with a playoff run and is likely to want to finish what they started next year.

This is why the Atlanta Hawks must trade Kris Dunn.

Kris Dunn has a player option as his second year worth $5.0 million which, given this season, is dead money for next season. Dunn was not able to play most of this season due to his ankle injury which is one of the main concerns with Dunn, he is a little injury prone.

The other issue is that while Dunn is one of the best defensive guards in the league, his lack of offensive capability can have a detrimental effect on a team. The Hawks need to have scorers on the floor at all times if their systems are to be a success.

If they can attach a second-round pick to Dunn, they may get the chance to get a late first-round pick. If they can’t attach the pick, then they might be able to pick up a second-round pick. Either way, this will be a cheaper option, and probably more impactful than Dunn.

If the Hawks want to keep Collins, as well as get better this offseason, they need to cut any excess salary, and Dunn certainly qualifies. as that.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next