Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

4 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:21 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/11/comments-from-other-side-hornets-11719.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE: My favorites are in bold. What are yours?

If we win this hype train is NEver Stopping.

Jordan is controlling my brain and sending negative emotions to me. He trapped me in a chatroom for weeks to tell me that kemba Walker never existed, and won’t let me leave.

We Winning

Ugh I'm already feeling like crying just thinking about Kemba being here in a different jersey

Embarrass the Celtics on national TV

I hope we beat the Celtics so bad they move their franchise to New Orleans

Cant wait to watch Gordon Hayward get locked up by Cody Martin. Gordon will foul out with 6 offensive fouls forced by Cody

Don’t think I’ve ever wanted us win a game more than this one. Call me a sour loser but I’m still bitter K left us.

Today we cry

I usually get a jersey every season and it’s always been kemba. I’m thinking Graham or Cream. Was considering Rozier, but I’m hoping they put out some Scary Terry shirts in teal or purple with his Hornets number at some point. I’d prefer that over a jersey personally.

Will Kemba get booed or cheered?

He better get a standing ovation.

Charlotte already has a lot of Celtics fans and Kemba is a legend in this building. He's getting cheered no doubt.

There better be cheers. You can root against the Celtics but this is, by pretty much all metrics, the greatest Hornet of all time returning to the building after not taking a lowball offer from ownership.

I felt that way too, but recently the rumor has been he would’ve left for Boston no matter what the number was. If that is true, he deserves boos.

He has played so hard for the hornets for so long. For what he's done to help build up our young guys. For being a good influence in the community. Him leaving doesn't take any of that away. Although I understand fans who feel jilted.

Cheers. Anyone who boos him is a moron and not a true Hornets fan

Wearing my Teal Kemba jersey so the tears wont be as noticeable

we matchup well w boston, basically bc they don't have a center who can abuse us and we should be able to abuse kembas perimeter defense and get some nice looks.

Boston's team defense is still pretty decent tho so I dunno. Whatever we did in that first preseason game first half, just do it again but better

Yeah but at some point you can’t make up for size. Well see how our ball movement stacks up against their D. If we get Kemba on a mismatch they have to double giving us a chance to generate a wide open 3.

Celtics are really good at switching out of mismatches

Celtics play pretty smart offense and have a lot of guys that can cause us problems if we fall asleep (which we tend to do on that end a lot). Even Marcus Smart could take advantage of our 2 PG lineups in the post.

Will b nice to b on the other side of a kemba 50 and L game

Kemba on prime time could be 50 or a 4-18 shooting night, hard to tell

ROZIER REVENGE GAME. Let's get it! We been wonning. Tonight we winning again.

Metric ton of Boston fans here tonight wow

There's always tons when they come to play

I just pray I am not the only fan in the house rooting for the Hornets.

I loved Kemba.... Truth be told, I don't think I have missed him on the court (atleast not at the level I thought that I would). Terry has been good (still hate the contract) and Devante has blown away expectations, I think the absence of Kemba may be a net gain in the long haul in developing the younger guys quicker and having them more ready and having more cap space when we are ready to compete for top 4 in the east (2/3 seasons???).

it's the personality and work ethic. They don't make pro's like him that much anymore.

I love Kemba, but I sincerely hope Terry lives in his jersey and frustrates him all night long.

The Boston game is no bigger than any other game We are supposed to lose. We probably will. I don’t think many people have a grudge against Kemba. I don’t think he has one against the Hornets. A win over a team as good as Boston would be nice but no more so than a win against any playoff caliber team.

Kemba is Gonna Be Kemba. It's Who Plays with Him That Makes the Difference. The Hornets could not build a good roster around the All-Star and that’s Charlotte’s fault (not Kemba’s). In Boston, Kemba plays with Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Grant Williams, Carsen Edwards, and Marcus Smart. It’s going to be a tough game against a good team…nothing more, nothing less.

Just tell miles to slam one on kembas head When he inevitably tries to take a charge at some point and we’ll call it even. No hard feelings bud.

i hope they announce kembas height correctly.

Celtics look elite this season. Sixers or Celtics will go to the NBA finals. Kemba has a real chance to play in an NBA finals, proving you can win with Kemba as your top player.

I'm a big fan of Jaylen Brown. The guy has some MJ moves in his arsenal for sure. Still don't think they have the talent to beat 76ers or Bucks unless Kemba just plays lights out. I'm skeptical of that happening. Gordon Hayward's resurgence could be huge though.

Call me a ****, but I wouldn't be upset if kemba gets injured at the start of the game

Kemba is such a great person, ambassador, sportsman. He is just the complete package

Kemba as a person = amazing, will have his jersey retired. Done so much for us. Kemba as a player = wouldn’t jive with this team and blocks development of young players, glad he has a chance to be happy elsewhere

Play a video thanking him before the game and give him a nice hand but he is one of THEM once the game starts. **** Kemba!

I am preemptively wishing a people's elbow to the throat of anyone that boos Kemba before the game tips off.

Odd. On paper, the Hornets look like the better team

Wtf kind of paper u got

Rolling paper.

Momma Walker is in the House (in a Celtics jersey) and it almost looked like Walker teared up a bit when they were introducing him...

Oh it breaks my heart seeing K’s lovely mom wear the Celtics jersey... It just looks wrong

I was happy to see her there. She also looked really proud when the crowd gave him the ovation he got.

Worst part is it's blacked out on TNT for me so I get Celtics announcers.

The Celtics announcers are some of the worst I've heard.

Away games they sometimes have Scal and he’s usually impartial.

Why did it have to be the Celtics of all teams? Ah well, at least we’ll blow them out tonight

This is like your Dad coming over to your house again except this time he brought his new hot wife.

Was kemba booed

Nope, standing ovation. As it should have been.

I heard a few people booing, but most people applauded him.

Kevin Harlan literally doesn't even know the names of our players lmao

I’m so upset that we are letting it get out of hand just a few minutes in. I thought we could at least hang in there till halftime

Yup...the Celts look tough. Play real unselfish We don’t look intimidated though just a different talent level.

Another Celtic I like a lot- Hayward Looks like he is back in much better form. Glad for him.

Damn Kemba no need to flop like that

Man I sh** on this Boston team for their big man depth but being able to bring Smart off the bench and have him play off Kemba is so unfair

Smarts their best post defender

Hayward getting whatever he wants with some off ball movement. (MY NOTE: I forgot to mention this in the Post Game Thread, but Gordon Hayward conducted a clinic on off-the-ball movement)

Heyward gonna drop 50 on us and they will all be layups

I miss Kemba’s smile.

Bleacher Report
✔
@BleacherReport
Four months after leaving for Boston, Kemba Walker makes an emotional return to Charlotte tonight.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1192450718562693120
6:36 AM - Nov 7, 2019

I know its early, but Charlotte teams and sh***ing the bed in big games, name a more iconic duo

Michael Jordan and tequila.

This is Boston’s bad lineup anyway. They don’t put much pressure on the D with thee guys. Once Kemba and Hayward come back we’re in huge trouble

Terry is getting dominated by the front of the rim

Rozier is playing out of control

We play a man down with Terry

Terry, three possessions in a row putting his head down and driving into three defenders.

Edwards and Kemba on the floor doesn't seem like a great idea defensively

Rozier is one of the worst ****ing PGs at driving the lane I’ve ever seen

Scary Terry is just plain scary

Terry really wants a revenge game but its not going to happen if you keep chucking up shots with 20 seconds left on the play clock

Rozier proving his worth to absolutely no one.

Seems very clear this game is messing with terry’s head much more than kembas. Also doesn’t help that terry isn’t very good

Why are we paying Rozier 54 million? Couldn't we just saved the cap space and gotten on fine without him?

Bad GM wanted to save face I guess. Any actual scouting of Rozier and there’s no way we would’ve tried to get him

I feel like terry plays like everything is for show. It’s all style over substance

He's selfish. Misses open players all the time to take a tough shot.

"The second chance has been where Boston has been doing well." Well it's a good thing our coaching staff excels in the third quarter.

I’ve said all season I’m gonna offer Rozier the benefit of the doubt. Thinking that’s pretty much over after this half of “basketball”.

There’s that Smart flopping

Who is trying to give the game away more? Boston or Terry?

When we don’t give Rozier the ball we score more often. Hmmmmm

THIS IS TERRY'S STATEMENT GAME. STATING TO THE WORLD THAT HE IS COMPLETE DOGSH**

Tatum's beard is a travesty

This is just how good Boston is. A few missed buckets from us, they make some tough shots and now they’re up 13 again. They’ve got stupid amounts of offensive talent

Hayward is a bad man

That feel when Kemba is still carrying us, by shooting 0/4.

Celtics are not consistent. Just gotta keep it close to the final 3 minutes.

It's a tough game for both Kemba and Terry. That's understandable. Stop pi**ing on Terry he's been much more than ok so far for us this season. There is too much overreaction.

I get the feeling that each team knows how to defend Kemba and Terry, respectively. I expect them to turn it up in the second half

I know it’s real early But that rozier contract is already starting to look bad. Not a great shooter, and the one thing he is supposed to be good at: driving and creating shots, he doesn’t look like he does that effectively

Hayward starting to look like a boss

Hayward is single handedly winning them this game

Scary Terry? More like Barely Terry

Terry has no business being on a basketball court.

Lol did anyone catch that kemba walked to the Hornets bench when NB called timeout

I did and it was so great. He wants to come home

Since when is Cody martin leaving kemba wide open a good defensive play

Devonte Graham is so much better than Rozier it’s not even funny

Kemba's threes hit the net in such an interesting way. They sort of fall through like a high floater, whereas most big time shooters get that strong rip and splash

Kemba saying we won’t quit. Why’d you have to leave man...

At least Smart hasn't torched us tonight He is one of those guys who has lit us up before

Ugly showing tonight. This is what it’s going to look like against top level teams.

Hayward with that haircut looks like one of those tiki-torch wielding white nationalists.

Oh man, come on. Had four guys there for the rebound, and they lose it to the one Celtics player, and then they hit a three on us … sigh.

Boston have a very good team defense and we dont have many above average players atm so this was expected.

I’m just happy to see lobs. No offense to Kemba, but he damn near never threw a lob in Charlotte.

Seeing Kemba’s mom in a Celtics Jersey has been the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced in sports fandom

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. National TV is showcasing Kemba with a huge spotlight. And he's a Celtic

Marcus smart is a fake tough guy, real tough guys don't flop

What an absurd flop lmao. I have no respect for Marcus Smart.

Smart just shoved the ref in the back

Marcus tried to pull miles to the ground then flopped. He’s the worst

Tech on Bridges? He literally just stood there while Smart was hooking his arm.

Watch out Bridges. Smart might take a pull up three in your face and brick it.

Sux kemba is on the least likable team in the league

Let me introduce you to the 76ers.

It’s close but I’ll take Philly fans over Boston fans everyday

Boston has good defensive players and you can't be one dimensional and obvious against them

Yeah packing a bit of talent still.

Watching kemba smile at a Marcus smart play while bridges is just pissed off, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

THESE REFS CALL NOTHING. I BET THE NBA WAS LIKE MAKE UP FOR THAT 42-7 DISCREPENCY AND CALL NOTHING THE NEXT GAME

Smart is such an a** stop messing with the youngins your up 20

I’m confused, is this garbage time? We got both Martin twins in along with Willy. Maybe just a JB Hail Mary?

We are down 23 with 4 minutes left. What you think?

Wait Cody and Caleb are twins? I thought they were just two halves of the same being. Trying to reach that ultimate form

Pretty sure Marcus Smart knows Not to start with Bridges.

**** Kemba for smiling and cheering for Marcus smart, when he's being fake tough rubbing up on miles and raising his hands like he aint doin sh**.

Say what you want about how badly we’ve played. Much of it is due to frustration. Celtics play suffocating defense so I have to credit them. They’re the best defense we’ve faced so far. Not close. They just shut down passing lanes and contest everything.

this games really says something on terry rozier very important game for him and a NO Show ..

Boston just too good for us. Not a good night for us. Terrible shooting on top of the usual issues.

a soft french player being useless i am shocked

My kemba bobblehead is taunting me from my shelf

I'm actually mad about this game but I can't really put my finger on why. It's like, we lost which is fine, but we got blown out and we never really looked like we had a chance, or did anything exciting. The other 7 games were fun to watch. This... Wasn't.

I think Boston got the better end of the trade.

You know we also sent them an unprotected 2nd rounder in that trade? We got a top 53 protected second from them.

If Horford would have stayed Id pick Boston to win it all.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

Post by dbrown4 Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:44 am

Cody locking up GH? - Yeah how'd that work out?!!

A win over a team as good as Boston...thank you!

Odd. On paper the Hornets look like the better team. WTF kind of paper you got? Rolling paper! LMAOROTF!

Charlotte fans are very good and very respectful. Up there with NYK. One common thread in all of these, BobH, EVERY team would KILL for Marcus Smart to be on their team. EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM.

Thank you, BobH!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

Post by worcester Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:29 am

Rolling paper
That is funny.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am

The Hornets fans certainly have a lot to say. Much more than most fans say after playing the Cs.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down