Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away

+3
KyleCleric
atcross
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:12 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/12/comments-from-other-side-mavericks.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  Sorry about missing a few, I'm traveling.  My favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

I don't like the Mavs chances in this one, and I feel like the Philly Game @ PHI on Friday is the best chance the Mavs have to get another win during this 5 game stretch, but there's definitely some reasons to hold out hope.

I can't believe Hayward is sitting out tonight. Came out of left field. What a break for the Mavs!

Mavs win convincingly....

No Hayward? Let’s go baby. Apparently Tatum wasn’t feeling well? Please no Tatum flu game

The Celtics have only 11 active players, but really just 9, as Tacko Fall and Romeo Langford (who I think is with the team) have played virtually no time in the NBA. They have the 4 injuries, plus Carsen Edwards is with their G League team right now. Brown, Tatum, and Kemba will get a lot of shots tonight.

Hayward didn't play when the Mavs were in Boston. Smart had 17 points. The biggest damage was done by their guards. Walker had 29 on 9-17 shooting including 8-14 threes. Brown hit for 25 and was 9-16, 2-4 threes.

KP had an off shooting night 1-11. Only starter other than Luka with double figures was Kleber with 15.

KP had an off shooting night because Marcus Smart shut him down. No Smart tonight means big game for KP.

Last I saw Smart is sitting this game, which is huge I. He killed us earlier in Boston, always seemed to come away with all the 50/50 stuff along with his 17 points.

Smart being out as mentioned above Is huge – gives us a significant boost in the chances here. Their bench is very meh – aside from Kanter

Keep in mind Theis was +20 and +27 in the last two games against us. No feasting against him, so far.

Theis is an underrated player He is a very solid pick and roll guy who can also somewhat space the floor (low volume shooter)— and is shooting the 3 ball at a 62.5% clip so far this month on 1.3 attempts per game. Theis is also BOS most solid Big defender. (MY NOTE: Wow. Some props for Theis. Never see that on a CFTOS thread)

Tatum plays tonight Basically only Smart and Hayward out matter, maybe. Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Theis… that’s a lot of talent to face with a Luka-less Mavs team.

Celtics are favorites to win this one according to the bookies.

Still favorites, with Hayward out? That seems weird

That Boston team has enough good players to get hot in the game to win

Love KP but I don’t see how he is going to destroy Theis when he can’t back down Josh Hart in the post.

Really want to get one back on the Celtics.

Difficult one they are a great defending team.

Build a 30-point lead going in the 4th so Kemba won't go turbo in the clutch.

Without Horford on the C's anymore, I honestly think KP might have a monster game. They don't have a good mobile big man like the Bucks or Heat to keep up with KP.

Daniel Theis says hello.

I like Theis a lot but I want KP to body his ass, then posterize Jaylen Brown to smithereens.

KP historically has had awful games against Cs. I hope that ends tonight!

It's because Marcus Smart usually guards him and bodies him all night. Smart has been out for a while now so hopefully KP gets space to do his thing

Imma need KP to actually punish Smart for once

Smart is not playing but Celtics still got defenders in droves. Coach Stevens has been a thorn in KP's young career.

Looks like Tacko is playing

A lot of Celtics players are injured this is a W for us.

CONTAIN KEMBA

I'm going to be so PI**ED if Boban doesn't see the court tonight. Celtics have one of the worst interior defenses in the league. They literally depend on 6-3 Marcus Smart to defend opposing bigs in crunch time.

Marcus Smart happens to be one of the best post defenders in the league -big or small.  Would love to have a guy like that on the Mavs we could depend on in the clutch to get a stop.  

Holy sh**, I was gonna watch the Celtics broadcast because **** espn but then I saw ****ing KENDRICK PERKINS, espn it is I guess

Imma take a pass on Perk

I think mute is better than watching the Celtics broadcast

We’re very fortunate to have Smart and Hayward out. Their backups 5’s being gone helps too, as long as KP avoids long-range post-ups on guards and tries to attack the rim.

Let’s impeach those Celtics!

Can we get a better announcer than mark ****ing Jackson

Why are guys missing to the side of the rim on 3's Is something wrong with the hoop or are guys stoned?

Don’t want to body-shame anyone, but Theis is easily the ugliest dude in the league

7 minutes left and in the bonus, NICEEE

Refs really don’t like Boston lol

At this rate the score at the end of 1 will be 18-15 lol.

Getting a bit too much help from the refs so far for me to feel great about this start. If they stop calling Boston so tight we could be in for a quick turnaround

Yeah they're definitely getting unlucky calls

Maybe they read their two minute reports and decided to gift us a win

Two minute reports = OOPS my bad ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t think we’re doing much worth calling fouls on either, so they’re just getting some sticklers on things that won’t get called later

Merrill Edge now has $0 commissions on stocks and ETFs. This great news in addition to our warriors obliterating the kembas tonight will make tomorrow’s work day more palatable.

KP is 7'3" Steve Nash tonight

Kemba would’ve looked really good in a Mavs jersey. What a shame...

Kemba makes it look so easy.

THJ missing every open shot meanwhile Kemba swishing every contested shot

THJ was a fluke. Its time people admitted it. Should have moved him when he had some value

Time to double Kemba, he's the only one doing anything for them

Kemba walker.... Mavs killer

Kemba always destroys us

Kemba’s hard to stop

WHAT WE DO TO YOU KEMBA. FIRST YOU GOTTA BREAK OUR HEARTS AND GO TO BOSTON, NOW THIS???

Kemba ****ing HATES the Mavs

I haven’t seen a player look this effortless all season that we’ve played against

Kemba really is a microwave

A scrub alwa... Oh sh** that's Kemba again. Dude always kills us lol

Remember that Kemba chose Tacko Fall over Boban

Not liking this run by Boston.

Mavs looked good shooting 22% while Boston was shooting 15%. 35% doesn't look so good against 46%

Does Pete Buttigieg coach Boston?

Kemba will eventually come back down to earth, gotta take advantage with him on the bench

I hate: watching the Celtics, how Kemba is so hot versus us always, and how boring this ESPN broadcast crew is.

Bro that’s a foul? Lmao just call it straight up refs, we good enough!

The Celtics are a Myles Turner away from challenging the Bucks for the East

With how hot Kemba was and how hot no Mavs were, I’ll take a tie after Q1

Kemba>>>Kyrie???? Am I right?

Has the broadcast even mentioned the team the Celtics are playing

Go at Kanter every time

I don't know who's more lifeless, the announcers or the crowd

These refs are rigged in our favor and I don’t get it

Wanamaker is such an awesome surname

Man the refs really do hate the Celtics

Wow, these refs really hate Boston.

Why does Wanamaker look like he’s 43? Isn’t he like 24

So, does Tony Brothers like us lol

Tony Brothers sounds like a plot point in Goodfellas

Honestly surprised we're up the way we're playing. Good thing Boston is all Kemba today.

I love these Celtics casters lmao I usually hate away casters

Tony Brothers is so bad haha

Doubling Kemba seems to be working

Tatum got that civil war facial hair look

Thank God we're trapping kemba early this game. Hopefully we stick with it and don't let him kill us late in the game like he did last time.

ESPN really showing their bias today. They're just doing all these graphics about their future and they're losing by 8 to Dallas without Luka.

Is it appropriate for Buttigieg to coach an NBA game while running for president?

Theis and Kanter with 3 fouls already

Theres 30 seconds left. I bet the Celtics get in 10 more free throws

Tatum isn’t even a high percentage shooter yet I have never seen him miss a midrange jumper somehow

I'm not that impressed with Boston tonight, winnable game. Hopefully someone steps up.

That’s an offensive foul on Tatum

I’ve seen so many arms used to push off in the paint not called on Boston.

Tatum commits an offensive foul nearly every time he has the ball but he’s gets that superstar treatment

And yet he’s not a superstar

Not even a regular star as far as production

Just checked out the Celts game thread, those guys are more toxic than the worst of mavs days.

Lol we’re talking about Boston man...them and Philly are the toxic fanbases

Did Kemba score at all in the 2nd?

Clearly KP is way more comfortable out there without Marcus Smart harassing him

Smart is one of the NBA's best post defenders regardless of size. With KP's CoG being so high and Smart's so low, it just exacerbates the problem

Thank goodness Marcus smart’s eyeballs are rotting out of his head

I wanna see boban vs tacko

Could espn commentators be less prepared? Its like listening to 2 guys at a bar who barely watch the teams they comment about.

How on Earth... It was a "clear path" foul?

He was obviously ahead of Brown. And obviously went for a foul. But Tony Brothers can find a way in any situation.

Miami won at Phily? Looks like another Dallas – Miami finals on the horizon.

Kemba's powers not yet fully charged

Tony Brothers is a sh** ref (even though we're getting the calls)

This is a weirdly officiated game. No consistency.

Powell with the shove that didn’t get called for some reason lol

This team is clearly better without doncic (MY NOTE: I sure hope this is straight-up sarcasm)

We can’t get a call right now wth

Tony Brothers too busy looking at the caterpillar above his eyes.

These commentators not even paying attention on the game, smh

refs are making it harder now, and we are missing every 3

Wannamaker looks like hes 57

Wanamaker is ugly as hell

Played so well against the best team in basketball but look like complete sh** vs the wounded Celtics in our building

Not Powell’s fault Kemba is a midget.

Refs are screwing us

I am conflicted about liking Grant Williams and him scoring well vs the Mavs

Refs and making the game about themselves

Powell is like an additional 6th player for the Celtics.

I'm afraid Kemba scores like 5 times in a row like last game and this 1st quarter.

I want to be friends with Maxi

Best looking man in the NBA (tied with Hayward Imo)!

Shut down the game and make it Boban vs Tacko, first to 21 wins

I really enjoy watching the refs take the ball and hand it to the other team every possession

These refs are just worthless man

Home games absolutely never feel like home games

Wow. Mavs caught a break there. That was off Brunson's left hand out of bounds.

Tatum makes it so obvious when he’s actually gonna take those contested threes

They could take all 5 Celtic’s off the floor and we would still miss the basket

They really just said “Kemba Walker was a low key good signing” these guys are dumb as ****.

I think they were talking about Wanamaker (MY NOTE: They were talking about Wanny. Talk about dumb as ****...)

Grant Willams is the MVP for them he made some key buckets in the 3rd that gave them all of the momentum

Celtics are struggling and we cant take advantage of it because we are even worse now. Just hope for someone to get hot and Kemba to miss.

At least we’re moving the ball. Boston keeps ISO-ing

Tatum and Brown are all stars

between thj and the refs im bout to file a restraining order on this game

I think we got our answer as to why NBA ratings are down

TONY BROTHER AND CREW ARE RUINING BASKETBALL

We've been awful at taking advantage of Kemba being out

Just like the game in Boston. We were in the game until the last minutes.

People that didn’t want Kemba here.. What were you thinking lol

Kemba is a flopper. I'm glad he's not on the Mavs.

3 of their players consistently get 20+ a night, hard to go up against that without Luka

Can we hypnotize the Mavs team into think they are on the road when they're at home?

I feel we work so hard for some points, then Kemba just ****s with us

Guard kemba...

Ugh **** the smeltics

We are in trouble. Celts defense is shutting Us down.

We don't really ever have refs on our side, do we? it's either neutral or in favour of other team I find.

The Celtics are good defensive team. It’s a good lesson for the Mavs.

Boston did not deserve to win this game I am so pi**ed right now. I can’t believe we let these ****ers win again.

They have their MVP running the offense, ours is out with an injury. Pretty sure we would have won if Kemba was out instead.

Uh...they had 4 guys out including two of their top guys. Not having Luka isn't an excuse.

We're officially a road team. We're winning in Philly 100%. I blame this loss on ESPN though.

God I hate Kemba (as an opponent. Love the dude otherwise).

You know what was worse than the loss, ESPN commentators.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away

Post by atcross Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:36 pm

I have to agree about the commentators. National broadcasters apparently cover too many games to focus on the one at hand. There are times when something happens that is not exactly clear and they totally miss giving us the courtside take on it. I would think that would be something they would see as job one. Maybe they're thinking since it's on TV they don't actually need to comment on what is going on in front of them.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Mavericks, Away

Post by KyleCleric Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:22 pm

I went with the mute option. Terrible national or Scal? No thanks

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Scal and Perk were gold together last night. You missed a fun game Kyle.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm

They gave Smart props.
They said the refs favored the Mavs big time.
They gave Theis props.

Mavs have themselves some savvy fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:09 am

Boston did not deserve to win this game I am so pi**ed right now. I can’t believe we let these ****ers win again.

This dude probably said this when I was courtside in Dallas when Bird lit them up for close to 50 and hit a 3 pointer at the end to ice it. Blackmon, Aguire, and Harper and maybe Tarpley. What a game.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:17 am

atcross wrote:I have to agree about the commentators. National broadcasters apparently cover too many games to focus on the one at hand. There are times when something happens that is not exactly clear and they totally miss giving us the courtside take on it. I would think that would be something they would see as job one. Maybe they're thinking since it's on TV they don't actually need to comment on what is going on in front of them.

Being that it is TV, some things don’t need mention but these clowns miss shizik that needs commentating on. ESPN is 100% horrible
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:18 am

Holy sh**, I was gonna watch the Celtics broadcast because **** espn but then I saw ****ing KENDRICK PERKINS, espn it is I guess (Perk got pictures on somebody)

Kemba ****ing HATES the Mavs

Tony Brothers too busy looking at the caterpillar above his eyes

Wannamaker looks like hes 57

between thj and the refs im bout to file a restraining order on this game

Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down