gyso
beat
RosalieTCeltics
babyskyhook
tjmakz
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 pm

You honestly think he would still be the starter if they got another two guard?
He pulls that second unit together so well, but I know what you mean, he is still a threat. Sometimes, though, he gets lost in the shuffle, I see him in the corners, waving his arms, wide open, and he just doesn't get the ball. I do believe we WILL resign Ray, and whatever will be will be.

One of the television channels said that the Lakers were talking to Tony Allen's agent. I found that funny! But, I wonder what Danny's thoughts are on him.
He certainly played terrific defense most of the playoff series, but on the offensive end........oh my God, I found myself praying alot! For every good play there were six bad ones. He is a frustrating player to watch.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Everyone wants Ray back,but he went 4-30 from 3 after game 2,the Finals will be just as exhausting next year as this years run and Ray will be a year older.....if we could get a Josh Childress or Monta Ellis,we would be fools to pass on them if they were somehow available.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:57 pm

LIVE

Pierce deal finally gets done

Link|Comments (0)Posted by Gary Washburn Globe Staff July 3, 2010 11:46 PM

The Celtics and Paul Pierce have officially agreed to a four-year extension, a source close to the negotiations told the Boston Globe just minutes ago.

Pierce will remain and likely retire a Celtic and the club can now focus their concentration on re-signing Ray Allen. Pierce is the third all-time leading scorer in club history, will surpass the 20,000-point mark next season and is an eight-time All-Star.

He opted out of his contract Tuesday night, hoping to give the Celtics a hometown discount with the return of a longer contract and security. Pierce walked away from $21.5 million but will earn an additional $40 million and give the Celtics a small amount of cap relief. Pierce cannot official sign the contract until Thursday, but any questions about his future with the Celtics have been answered.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 am

That's good news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 am

I wonder if the 4th year wound up being guaranteed.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Accoring to the news, yes.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread - Page 4 Empty Pierce ties the knot

Post by gyso Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread - Page 4 Paul-pierce-240-thumb-240x320-16202

Pierce ties the knot:

Paul Pierce made his second major commitment of the summer, marrying his fiancee Julie Landrum in an oceanfront ceremony in California just a week after officially signing a four-year, $61 million deal that will likely insure that he retires as a Celtic. The couple's daughter Prianna Lee was the flower girl. Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers were in attendance.

People Magazine has the entire story:

In an intimate ceremony as the sun set over the Pacific on Saturday, Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce married Julie Landrum surrounded by white orchids, roses and hydrangeas.

The athlete, 32, and his interior-designer bride, 27, exchanged vows underneath a gazebo at The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast, Calif. The couple's 2-year-old daughter, Prianna, served as the flower girl, and fellow Celtics Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and coach Glenn "Doc" Rivers were among the approximately 80 guests.

The bride wore a strapless Ines Di Santo gown, while Pierce chose a custom Éléyee tuxedo.

The wedding was planned by event planner Mindy Weiss. Following the ceremony, guests headed to an indoor reception that featured a jazz quartet and red-themed floral décor designed by Mark's Garden.

The menu, inspired by one of the couple's favorite restaurants, Katana in West Hollywood, included Robata-grilled skewers of meat, fish and chicken.

Guests also enjoyed different flavored infused sake and other Japanese-inspired fare served in a bento box.

The multi-tiered wedding cake included chocolate, red velvet and coconut layers, and DJ Tendaji Lathan spun after dinner, as the couple shared a first dance to R. Kelly's "You Made Me Love You."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm so glad he waited until he had a little financial security.

If it's the same "You Made Me Love You" I know as a standard, the first couple of lines are: "You made me love you. I didn't wanna do it. I didn't wanna do it." I love those sentimentally romantic wedding salutes.

Here's wishing the couple and their daughter health and happiness.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 pm

is his tux trimmed in green?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 pm

God Bless You Paul & Julie. May your wedded bliss last a lifetime (not the TV network). Prianna Lee can now be raised in a blessed environment steeped in a union now divinely sanctioned!-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Official Paul Pierce 2010 Offseason thread - Page 4 Empty PAUL PIERCE MARRIES

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Paul Pierce is a married man

Via People.com:
In an intimate ceremony as the sun set over the Pacific on Saturday, Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce married Julie Landrum surrounded by white orchids, roses and hydrangeas.

The athlete, 32, and his interior-designer bride, 27, exchanged vows underneath a gazebo at The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast, Calif. The couple's 2-year-old daughter, Prianna, served as the flower girl, and fellow Celtics Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and coach Glenn "Doc" Rivers were among the approximately 80 guests.
(h/t Chris Forsberg)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4