Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market?

+3
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
wideclyde
7 posters

Go down

Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market? Empty Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market?

Post by wideclyde Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:40 am

With no trades and a full roster, I am trying to figure who goes if Ainge decides to enter the buyout market that is just starting.

Local writers seem to think that if only one veteran player is going to be brought in the assist in the playoffs that Ainge will decide that either Poirier or Green gets put on waivers. I would guess that both guys would be let go if the GM finds two guys he likes.

Green has certainly shown that he can contribute at times when given the opportunity, but is only getting paid $900,000 for this year. Poirier has been a huge disappointment in my eyes as he can not seem to show much even in garbage time minutes. He does have a higher salary and also is signed through next season as well which means that he will cost more if released.

Of course, there are people with thoughts that the Cs should stand pat with their current roster, but if you think that we need a veteran (shooter or rebounder or whatever) who would you release?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market? Empty Re: Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:32 am

I would think it would be Green if we signed a shooter, if we signed a rebounder? Poirier??? Didn't he sign a 2 year contract? If he played a little more, got into meaningful games and played meaningful minutes and succeeded, we would not be looking for another big. I really think they are hoping Robert Williams comes back and stays healthy, he could be a great help
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market? Empty Re: Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market?

Post by dboss Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Brad is still uncovering and utilizing talent. I like Green and I like VP however neither has done much to move the needle.  Green has a low financial hit so if they had to open up a spot he is gone.  He had started to open a few eyes but lately too many wtf moments.

I think the recent play of our top draft pick gives the Celtics pause.  

The way I see it we have to best the Bucks and the freak and we have to match the mental toughness of the Raptors.  What add on gets us there?

I actually believe that we have enough to win.

I do not see a big out there that makes sense for us.  I think GW and Langford give us the depth we need and a healthy RW completes our center rotation.

You want to add a shooter/scorer ?

Now that we have seen how Romeo fits in I am not so sure we need to add more offense.  30 games left and playing time for the rookie may be all that we need.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:27 pm

I really am in agreement with you. It would have to be a real talent for me to consider cutting anyone. You are right, Green was beginning to impress me but lately he has taken a step back. He would be gone in an instant if someone worthwhile hit free agency/buyout market. I really think they believe that Robert Williams is now our xfactor. Healthy, he brings something to the floor that that would help immensely. And I did say IF HEALTHY. One more major injury and I would be ready to give up on him. He is one talented kid, here's hoping he gets it all together
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Who goes if Celtics find a fit on the buyout market? Snow10
Daughter and grandduaghters.  rare snow in GA
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 pm

So here is the thing.  As I'm thinking about the buyout market one of my daughters sends me this photo and I just had to share it.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Great picture, you have more snow than we have here in Boston!!! Global Warming! We have had a total of 10 inches this year so far. The kids must love it!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:31 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Great picture, you have more snow than we have here in Boston!!!  Global Warming!  We have had a total of 10 inches this year so far. The kids must love it!
Rosalie thanks.

We do not get a lot of snow down here so as you can imagine the kids really freak out.  I was going to visit them but the roads where a bit slippery and drivers down here are convinced that the best way to combat slippery road conditions is to drive faster.

I am going to throw some wood on the fireplace and enjoy our brief adventure into the winter wonderland and get ready for our game tomorrow against the Thunder.  

How bout them Celtics!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:56 pm

I am enjoying every minute of every game, win, lose, whatever. This is a fun team, brings back memories of how much I loved watching the Russell teams, the Cowens/Havlicek teams, the Bird teams, and then Pierce/Garnett/Allen teams. We are truly blessed to have such a great organization like the Celtics, dedicated to playing great basketball and putting on a show. It makes some of my hard times easier to go thru. I have sat in a hospital bed at two in the morning, watching the Celtics with nurses yelling at me to shut the television off.....I would say okay....after the game is over. Those West Coast games kept me going. So when there are hard times, I look back and remember how much joy they have brought me!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 pm

I'm with you Rosalie. The Celts are a source of constant interest. I would say joy, but sometimes it's agony.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Here's my guess:

Green goes first, then Waters.

Nobody big.

I am still hoping Edwards gets his mojo back and becomes Eddie House.

But what do I know?

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:07 pm

I think Brad and Danny are giving Waters a real look to see if they want to keep him next year. I know he can be of no use to us in the playoffs with his two way contract, I read a couple of places that there were GM's who feel he already is a backup point guard in the NBA. I am not so sure about that. He does well in the GLeague, but only one time when he was called down here did he impress. In fact, Brad yanked him last night after he took that 3 his first time handling the ball. He was put in there to facilitate and get others involved. He blew it and Brad yanked him right out. He has done that with Green also at times.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:52 pm

dboss,

Great pic. A Georgia snowman; that's got to be a rare one!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Cute kids.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:55 pm

I'm thinking the two most likely candidates to go would be Poirier and Edwards. Poirier if they find a big, since his contract is relatively easy to eat. Edwards if they find some bench scoring with a wing.

Still betting on no change until summer.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:52 pm

NYCelt wrote:I'm thinking the two most likely candidates to go would be Poirier and Edwards. Poirier if they find a big, since his contract is relatively easy to eat. Edwards if they find some bench scoring with a wing.

Still betting on no change until summer.

Great minds thing a . . .

Wait . . . What?

drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 am

Great Pic Dboss. We just got our first substantial snow in west Texas in quite some time. It dumped about 8 inches overnight. Stayed on the ground for two days and poof, gone. My grand daughter lives around Dallas where there was no snow and she was very upset that she couldn't come play in it.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:09 pm

On topic

IT would be a good fit for Boston.  He knows the system
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 pm

dboss wrote:On topic

IT would be a good fit for Boston.  He knows the system

Good fit for sure.

Would just need to be content with a reserve role.

Then again, maybe best not being content there. He's done great things tying to prove a point before.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:07 pm

I loved IT...but this is not a good fit now. He still believes he can start, this is Kemba's team with Jason leading the way lately and probably moving forward. There is only one basketball, I just cannot see it working out here. I believe Danny knows that which is why he hasn't tried to bring him back before now. The last thing I want to hear from the crowd of a home game is them chanting "WE WANT IT" it is hard enough when they chant for Tacko. Just know it would happen, everyone love Isaiah. I know he knows the system and all, but you can't go back in time.

I am with NYCelt, I really do not think anything will happen. Thompson will probably go out west unless Toronto grabs him. They were in the Capella hunt at one time
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 pm

I would assume that Danny and Brad would define his role on the team.  

The last time we saw him was on January 6th when Washington won 99-94.  IT went for 17 points on 6-13 from the field.  He had 3 assists and only 1 turnover.  He can still play.  Our bench was less than good last night.  There still exists the lack of shooting there.

We have developing shot makers on the bench but we could use another guy who can create his own shot off the bounce.

I see that the Bucks have added Williams to their team.

There is no one sitting at the end of our bench (Green and VP) that have much upside and therefore opening up a spot for a buyout rental is a low risk transaction.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down