Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20

+2
dbrown4
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20 Empty Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 am

F the refs.  That was ridiculous.  42 ftas for the Rockets.  I've never heard of that many by one team in a single game. Yes, it is true we started biting for more of their headfakes but some of it was just atrocious reffing.  Smart takes a Westbrook elbow to the chin and it's foul on Smart?  Harden pushes off and nothing?  They outscored us by 13 in the 2nd half, all of it at the line.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 7 hours ago
Smart: "I mean, we have Jayson Tatum, we have Kemba Walker, All-Stars. We have Jaylen Brown, potential All-Star. We have Gordon Hayward, was an All-Star. We got star guys, too. If that’s the case, we should be getting the same calls that those stars are getting."

Still, we could have beat all 8 of the Rocket starters if Tatum hadn't gone 5-15 and 0-7 from 3.  We could have beat all 8 of the Rockets starters if Walker hadn't gone 5-17 and 1-6 from 3.  Hell, we might have come close to beating them if Jaylen had even one good ankle.

No ankles or not Jaylen showed up and played well.  It was very obvious, though, that his ankles were quite weak.  Gutsy performance by him, defending Harden and also shooting 7-12 and 4-8 from 3.  He had 5 turnovers but most of them were due to his ankles, he kept falling because he couldn't change direction without his ankles buckling.

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 9 hours ago
Stevens says Jaylen got kicked in the calf and didn't roll his ankle

Jaylen said he got kneed in the calf by Westbrook, the guy you're not allowed to look at hard.

Gordon also showed up.  It was the 2nd half but that's ok.  20 points on 8-14, 8 rebounds 6 assists.

Their perimeter defense was good and we didn't take advantage of that with baseline movement into the middle of the zone.  We tried the "dump it into Kanter and let him work his magic" approach and that didn't work well.  

If you hate small ball this game was the Coming Apocalypse.  A team with no center.  Their tallest starter is 6'7".  They have a 7' center named Hartenstein, but he only played the last minute after Brad threw in the towel, so he's not really their center, he's their Human Victory Cigar.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161448

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:31 am

Regarding the Rockets getting all the calls, Michael Jordan said when asked why the Bulls got all the fouls and breaks..."So?"

We didn't help ourselves much last night either. HOU also needed the win more than we did apparently. We didn't lose the first by getting behind. We held pretty close until about midway through the 4th and the wheels came off. 4th period is usually our staple. Just couldn't help ourselves.

I've/We've been waiting to see who would blink first, Boston or Toronto. Guess we went first. Now while a game like this won't determine our playoff position since we expect about 50/50 vs. Top 8-10 Teams, it's the games we lose that we shouldn't be that will determine where we finish in the East. Those come back to haunt us.

TOR is will gladly give back all of these sub .500 wins on this streak when they are blindsided in the playoffs. They won't know what hit them. Still not impressed.

Now we have the revenge game vs. LAC but after PHI cleaned their clock. LAC should have beaten those clowns. I'm still not really sure LAC is the 2nd coming of Christ in the West like everyone is saying/thinking. Sorry Doc. We'll see.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20

Post by dboss Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:55 pm

This was a tough game because we did not have a good flow (too many turnovers) and those freakin refs did not call an even game.

The Celtics however DID NOT do a good job checking the beard.  They kept going for fakes and got called for a ton of nit picking fouls.  It was just plain ugly!  defensively I thought they could have mixed things up a bit by bringing a quick double to force harden to give up the ball

The spirit of this team remains in tact so everything is great!

The Celtics are a team that no one in their right mind will want to play.  That's my opinion subject to disagreement.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Something is wrong with me. Normally I am pretty much kind hearted, not wishing malice on anyone, but after watching Westbrook play dirty and hurt Marcus and Jaylen, I really wish Nike would start making steel tipped hightops so some player could wind up and give Westbrook a good stiff eunuch making kick in the balls.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Rockets are everything that is wrong with the modern NBA.  Rewarding a team that plays selfish, uninspired, one way basketball, is a sure way to send fans directly to the NCAA.

One look at the stands shows the truth - even Houston fans dont like it.  Just an utter disgrace.

This guy - worst ref in the NBA.

Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20 Screen94
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:27 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Rockets are everything that is wrong with the modern NBA.  Rewarding a team that plays selfish, uninspired, one way basketball, is a sure way to send fans directly to the NCAA.

One look at the stands shows the truth - even Houston fans dont like it.  Just an utter disgrace.

This guy - worst ref in the NBA.

Post Game Thread - vs Rockets, Away 2/11/20 Screen94
                             give him a break. he's only 11
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Jaylen needs to sit 2nite and get those ankles right
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down