Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed

3 posters

Go down

Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed Empty Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed

Post by dboss Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:38 pm

As we are coming around the final turn in this Derby, the Bucks are running away from everybody.  That may win this race but it remains far from winning the championship.

The demarcation line has come into focus as the Bucks, Raptors and Celtics have created distance between themselves and the bottom 5 playoff contenders in the EC.  The Heat and Sixers are below .500 on the road this year so they cannot catch the pack at the top.  They will battle for 4th place.

The Celtics remain in the hunt for the 2nd seed.  

There is good news and bad news.  The big negative for Toronto is their 10-13 record against good teams.  They have 13 game remaining against current playoff bound teams.  The Celtics have 15 games remaining against current playoff bound teams  but so far have went 13-10 against them.  They have been a better road team than us but have 14 remaining road games and we have 11.  The number 3 keeps popping up.  We are 23-5 at home and they are 23-8, a difference of 3 more home losses for them.

As you can see we are so close statistically that there is little separation as evidenced by the current 1 game spread.
We need to stay healthy and focused on the task at hand.  I firmly believe that securing the #2 seed gets us to the EC finals and a chance to punch our ticket to the big dance.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed Empty Re: Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed

Post by sinus007 Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi,
Much more important than the seed, IMO, is the health and the mental state of the team.
Unfortunately, even if we could rest our core players for 5 or 10 games it wouldn't guarantee their status come playoffs time. But I'd definitely sacrifice a game or two to get KW to 100%.
So far, the only opponent I'd be afraid of is 76's. But even they are in disarray and their leading players are injured, so they're not that dangerous. The rest of the "usual suspects", Bucks, Raps, Mia and Pacers - we showed that we can deal with them and I believe we can beat them in playoffs.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed Empty Re: Celtics Remain in the Hunt For the 2nd Seed

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Kemba out for Saturday.

The way the Celtics have been figuring things out on the fly all season, I'm going to bet they will figure out 76ers in the playoffs no matter who is on the floor on either side.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:41 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Much more important than the seed, IMO, is the health and the mental state of the team.
Unfortunately, even if we could rest our core players for 5 or 10 games it wouldn't guarantee their status come playoffs time. But I'd definitely sacrifice a game or two to get KW to 100%.
So far, the only opponent I'd be afraid of is 76's. But even they are in disarray and their leading players are injured, so they're not that dangerous. The rest of the "usual suspects", Bucks, Raps, Mia and Pacers - we showed that we can deal with them and I believe we can beat them in playoffs.

AK
Sinus007

Seeding and health of the team may be closely related although Boston has managed to play well in spite of injuries to key players.  But make no mistake about it.  Having a home court advantage for a team that is 23-5 at home is a big advantage.

I want Boston to have home court at least through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.  I do agree that health may be the ultimate factor but I cannot discount seeding.  Remember that the Raptors are one tough out at home.  Philly rarely losses at home and Miami is one loss better than us.  

Basically you want to avoid more games on the road than at home and seeding will determine that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:54 am

Raptors loss and a win by us tonight moves the needle.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down