Kevin Garnett

5 posters

Go down

Kevin Garnett Empty Kevin Garnett

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Now that he has been officially voted into the HOF, I wonder what uniform he will be pictured in??? Taylor has done nothing but antagonize him until this
all took place, now he is pouring accolades on him. Will Kevin honor Minny or Boston????? He said in an interview with Paul Pierce that he wished he, Paul and Ray had been together five years earlie! Take that Taylor. But he does love the fans from Minnesota so it will be interesting
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Kevin Garnett Empty Re: Kevin Garnett

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/04/kevin-garnett-forever-appreciative-of-celtics-says-of-timberwolves-owner-i-dont-do-business-with-snakes-report.html

Kevin Garnett ‘forever appreciative’ of Celtics, says of Timberwolves owner ‘I don’t do business with snakes’ (report)

Updated 1:27 PM; Today 1:23 PM

Kevin Garnett AT5HT6ZNCFGFPHASNCWN2ARYIU
Kevin Garnett (C) of The Boston Celtics drives to the hoop as the Minnesota Timberwolves' Corey Brewer (R) tries to block during their NBA Europe Live 2007 tour at The O2 Arena in London 10 October 2007. The Celtics won the game. Four NBA teams, Boston Celtics, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves and the Toronto Raptors are touring Europe to compete against top Euroleague and European basketball clubs. AFP PHOTO/ADRIAN DENNIS (Photo credit should read ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP via Getty Images)AFP via Getty Images

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

The Boston Celtics will be retiring Kevin Garnett’s number 5 next season, showing the ultimate appreciation for his six franchise-changing years in Green.

"It’s earned, you know? Whenever you get your jersey retired, that’s earned,” Garnett said in Chicago at All-Star weekend. “So I’m just very appreciative of the Boston ownership and their recognizing that.”

It’s an appreciation Garnett, who was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame over the weekend, continues to show. In an interview with the Athletic’s Shams Charania, Garnett reiterated his love for Boston as a franchise and as a city.

“Anybody who understands the Celtics culture, it’s a nurturing culture, it’s a real fraternity, and it supports each other,” he said. “I’m glad I was able to experience the better way of the NBA and seeing how winning franchises really do things. That left a huge, huge impression on me that I’ll take to my grave. I’ll be forever appreciative to the city of Boston, the ownership and everything Celtic nation.”

The extra love for Boston, especially his noting about “how winning franchises really do things,” is a direct shot at the Minnesota Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have not announced a Garnett number retirement, even though he is far and away the best player in team history. He spent 14 seasons in Minnesota and carried them to their own Western Conference Finals appearance.

But Garnett and Taylor had a falling out. Garnett was originally planning to go back to Minnesota and, eventually, work his way into the ownership group or front office. When Flip Saunders worked out a Garnett farewell contract in Minnesota, Garnett said there was supposed to be a plan in place for his next step.

“Glen and I had an understanding before Flip died, and when Flip died, that understanding went with Flip. For that, I won’t forgive Glen. I won’t forgive him for that,” Garnett said. “I thought he was a straight up person, straight up business man, and when Flip died, everything went with him.”

So it appears Garnett won’t have his number 21 retired in Minnesota until Taylor either sells the team or finds his way back into Garnett’s good graces. The latter does not seem very likely right now.

“I’ll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart. But I don’t do business with snakes,” Garnett told Charania. “I try not to do business with openly snakes or people who are snake-like.”

bob
MY NOTE:  KG needs to stop being so inhibited.  He should express himself more openly.   Laughing

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Well, that answers my question.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/04/kevin-garnetts-dream-to-buy-reactivate-the-seattle-supersonics-i-think-its-needed.html

Kevin Garnett’s ‘dream’ to buy & reactivate the Seattle Supersonics: ‘I think it’s needed’

Today 10:00 AM

Kevin Garnett 4DGPPCQ6WRCIBJ7HEH3XTOG5BM
MINNEAPOLIS, UNITED STATES: Minnesosta Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett tries to drive past Seattle SuperSonics Vin Baker in the 2nd quarter of their game at the Target Center in Minneapolis, 23 December, 1999. Timberwolves won 109-102. AFPPHOTO CRAIG LASSIG (Photo credit should read CRAIG LASSIG/AFP via Getty Images)AFP via Getty Images

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

Kevin Garnett, who was just elected to the Hall of Fame this past weekend, has long held a dream of getting into NBA ownership. Part of his falling out with the Minnesota Timberwolves stems from a plan to have Garnett join the ownership group falling apart after Flip Saunders’ death.

That avenue seems to be closed, but Garnett’s dream of owning an NBA team isn’t. In an interview with the Associated Press, Garnett said he’d like to be part of the team that brings the NBA back to Seattle.

“If I have a dream, I would say that I would love to be able to go and buy the Seattle SuperSonics and reactivate the Seattle Northwest and get NBA loving back going into that area,” Garnett said. “I think it’s needed and it’s essential. Seattle was huge to our league. Not just Portland, but the whole northwest. I would love to be able to do that.”

Any return to Seattle for the NBA is still a long way off. Commissioner Adam Silver said back in 2017 that expansion is inevitable, but left it there without any specific plan. He said it again last year but dumped some cold water on that talk while do it.

“My answer is, you know, and it’s the same as it’s been for other U.S. cities that have expressed interest, and that is that we are just not in expansion mode at the time,” Silver said. “I mean, we’re flattered that some other Canadian cities have expressed interest, as some other U.S. cities have, but again nothing new… I’m sure inevitably at some point we’ll turn back to expansion, but it’s not on the agenda at this time.”

It’s hard to say whether the current situation will help or hurt those chances. On one hand, getting a huge expansion fee could help boost the bottom line and help owners recoup some of the money they ultimately lose during the coronavirus pandemic. On the other, the league has more pressing issues to figure out.

There’s no doubt basketball fans would love to see Seattle get a team again. If the opportunity does present itself, Garnett is one of the superstars with the influence, and money, to someday make that dream a reality.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 pm

One could argue the point that there are already too many teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:53 pm

I wonder if Las Vegas would be where the Commisioner would want to open a new team. There was alot of talk about that a year ago
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:29 pm

gyso wrote:One could argue the point that there are already too many teams.

True. My own 2 cents is that the NBA and NHL are two leagues that would see a big competitive benefit by reducing several teams, and several games. To my way of thinking, both are watered down versions of what they once were. Especially in terms of balance. The revenue haul is probably too much of a factor to ever see contraction, however.

I'd rather see KG buy into an existing franchise.

First owner to go hit his head against a stanchion before the tipoff?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm

would be fun to watch
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 am

Ghost of Sam. He was an advocate of league contraction as I recall. The world unfortunately sees contraction as a bad thing. Business must always be expanding. Bigger is better.

Hard to get any traction for contraction. Talent pool is definitely watered down. The 450 employees on the court have huge turnover, season over season, as well. If talent pool was tighter, you wouldn't have that much turnover. But with a 3-4.5 year shelf life, turnover is going to be high anyway.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down