bobheckler
Pumpsie Green
steve3344
tjmakz
cowens/oldschool
22 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 7 Empty Re: Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ

Post by Sam Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

And the main reason it sometimes does get a rise is because of a concern that some people (particularly those who are newer to pro basketball) might actually buy some of that bunk! The self-fulfilling goal is transparent, but that realization doesn't obviate the potentially unfortunate effects. And, when someone screws around with something that means a lot to at least a few of us, intent doesn't matter; verbal castration is close at hand. As predictable as tomorrow's sunrise.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 7 Empty Re: Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Sam,

I am not a University President or a Circuit Judge so I am not completely sure what you said but I am pretty sure I just received a tongue lashing.

Gotta go, taking the kids to Busch Gardens for a few hours.
Tell Danny to sign Barnes and Mbenga pronto.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:39 pm

tjmakz wrote:Sam,

I am not a University President or a Circuit Judge so I am not completely sure what you said but I am pretty sure I just received a tongue lashing.

In other scenarios, many would consider that a good thing. Just goes to show how important context is. You know, like comparing eras...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:59 pm

In defense of Dwight Howard, he may not be as smart as Russell was nor be able to defend as well as Russell did nor block shots directly toward his own players as Russell did nor be able to inspire his teammates to excellency as Russell did, but he looks better in teal than Russ ever would.

Last edited by worcester on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:01 pm

worcester wrote:I defense of Dwight Howard, he may not be as smart as Russell was nor be able to defend as well as Russell did nor block shots directly toward his own players as Russell did nor be able to inspire his teammates to excellency as Russell did, but he looks better in teal than Russ ever would.

worcester,

Other than that, how'd you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:10 pm

TJ,

Have fun at Busch. Hope you can interpret their signage.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Worcester,

I bet Howard thinks a Nehru jacket is some kind of insect.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Was Indira Ghandi Nehru's daughter? I think I remember that.
Meanwhile, did the Cav's owner hire Mel Gibson's speech write or what?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:57 pm

tj

look at it this way...imagine some 25 year old that only ever saw Kobe tellin you how much better he is than Magic ever was...this from a kid who never saw Maic play (incidentally I think Magic is the best team player I ever saw in my lifetime) even though said twentysomethin never SAW Magic play....

Just sayin.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:13 pm

tjmakz wrote:cow,

Is Phil Jackson the greatest coach ever?

No

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:

No

Is Megan Fox the greatest avatar ever?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:47 pm

yes...yes...yes...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 pm

no
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 am

Sam wrote:TJ,

Have fun at Busch. Hope you can interpret their signage.

Sam

We go to Busch Gardens every couple of weeks even if it is for a few hours.
Live 15 minutes away.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:52 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:

No

I asked because I thought Bill was the greatest player because he has the most championships.
Phil also has the most championships.

I put a big premium on championships, that's why LeBron still has a lot of work to do in my eyes.
I would probably rank Jordan as number 1 even w/o a championship if he happened to play for the Clippers or Pacers his whole career.

(Maybe I would).
Without a championship, where would Bill be ranked?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 am

Bill Russell would be ranked #1 without a championship, because he'd still bring all the same qualities to any team. It's just hard to imaging Russ not demanding others around him turning into winners.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:27 am

worcester wrote:Bill Russell would be ranked #1 without a championship, because he'd still bring all the same qualities to any team. It's just hard to imaging Russ not demanding others around him turning into winners.

I respect that. Good point.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:49 am

TJ - Do you live in Tampa? I'm here in Sarasota.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 am

Yes, have been in Tampa for almost 6 years. We love florida. Our best decision ever was to move here. How long have you been in Sarasota?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 am

tjmakz wrote:
worcester wrote:Bill Russell would be ranked #1 without a championship, because he'd still bring all the same qualities to any team. It's just hard to imaging Russ not demanding others around him turning into winners.

I respect that. Good point.

Russell didn't always have the best talent on his teams,but he could turn role players into an effective piece of a winning team.Don Nelson had just got cut by Lakers cause he couldn't defend or rebound.As soon as he joined C's,Russ told him not to worry,that he could do the rebounding,that team needed him for his shooting,I think that worked out.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:16 am

Phil is still a great coach,I just can't label him the best ever.He goes to where theres the best talent and then does a good job.Certain coaches can do that,Larry Brown is another,but Phil went to better teams.
I can't blame players for taking advantage of the rules,now they can have some real control of their destiny and who they play with,where they go,before owners had them locked up at their mercy.Now they are actively putting themselves in best situation,just like Phil,if he can do it,why shouldn't they?
Think a young Phil Jackson wouldn't meander his way into a situation like the Heat now that they have the best talent?I respect coaches like Greg Popavich and Jerry Sloan who will commit and to their franchise for the long haul,the ups and downs.
Could Phil turn a ragtag team into overachievers and scrape and win like Doc Rivers did at Orlando?he don't do that.
If a certain rugged 6'10" beastly center doesn't go down he don't even win this year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:31 am

I thought this thread was about Gilbert ripping Lebron?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:47 am

TJ,

We've been to that Busch Gardens. Spectacular. If I recall correctly, the African animals expanse is one of the most impressive things I've seen in that kind of setting. And wasn't there some kind of tram or train that made it really easy to get around?

I hope you've been reading about our hopes to have a board party in Florida next spring. It should be somewhere near you because there seems to be a cluster of board members in the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota corridor. (We lived in St. Pete for several years and still visit annually.)

I think it's time to start a thread offering people an opportunity to give non-sensitive profiles of themselves on a voluntary basis. We did it on the Boston.com board, and it was really helpful to have just a bit of background information in order to understand better the people we were conversing with.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 am

TJ, I've been in SRQ since 1982.

Sam - it would be great to have a FL party. I nknow Pete lives in Sarasota as well, but I still haven't met him.
W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Worcester, I'm thinking next February or March. I'm actually thinking of two Florida parties—one up north (St. Augustine) and one the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota area.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next