bobheckler
Pumpsie Green
steve3344
tjmakz
cowens/oldschool
22 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Stern fined the Cavs $100,000 AND at the same time said of Gilbert "he was completely correct in expressing his disappointment." Bizarre. This is an excerpt today of a piece by AP writer Tim Reynolds:

And while Stern did not necessarily approve of the way James’ decision became public, he also took exception with Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert’s reaction to the move.

Gilbert released a sharp-tongued statement and called James’s decision “narcissistic” and “cowardly behavior.” Later, Gilbert told The Associated Press in a phone interview that he felt James quit on the Cavs during the playoffs the past two years, and that he “has gotten a free pass.”

Those remarks weren’t free. Stern said he was fining the Cavaliers $100,000 for those words.

“He was completely correct in expressing his disappointment,” Stern said, adding that Gilbert’s statement and the sentiments he expressed in a follow-up interview with the AP was “a little bit extreme.”

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 3 Empty Stern-TOO STERN!

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 am

Folks this little banty rooster is just too full of himself and drunk with power and fear. Stern had no right to fine Dan Gilbert about the remarks he made concerning Lebron in his letter to the fans of Cleveland. Jesse Jackson's remarks intimidated Stern into making that move also. The move appeased Jackson and allowed him to flex his muscles as well. Gilbert disparaged James character, making no racial slurs against him. Gilbert had a right to express his displeasure with James, his actions, and the effect they will have on the economics of his team and a portion of the local job market in that part of Ohio. The Commissioner and the Reverend need to realize freedom of speech is a two way street and much as they would want, you can't have it both ways. The manner in which James treated this situation with the lies about when he made his decision and how independently it was allegedly arrived at wreek with disgust. He, Wade, and Bosh started hatching this escape as far back as the last Olympics. If you're going to leave why string people along. Be a man and announce your intentions. That would take character something foreign to James. As far as Jesse aluuding to slavery, if I were being paid as handsomely as Gilbert was paying James, one could hardly equate that with times in the pre-Civil War South-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ

Post by gyso Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 am

MD,

We already have a thread discussing this issue so I merged this bit into it.

I hope you don't mind.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 am

Gyso: I don't mind and it's OK-TOO-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 am

Also appears Paul and Carmelo are planning an exodus to the Knicks next year too.

Think the NBA needs to look into this but not sure if there really is anything they can do about it.

League is already top heavy and appears to be going in a way that will make it even moreso.

In the past 32 years only 8 different NBA teams have won titles, in Major League Baseball to get 8 different champs you need only to go back 9 years.
Per Mike and Mike this AM on espn radio.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 am

Apparently James was met with disdain when he attended the Carmelo Anthony-La La Valesquez wedding last weekend in New York. James was met with a chorus of boos from everyone outside the church as he made his entrance. The choir abstained!-Quite a list of celebs at the event: including Serena Williams, Kelly Rowland, Justin Timberlake, Spike Lee, Ciara, Ludacris, Jim Boeheim, Kenyon Martin to name but a few. 'Melo's new bride played Ray Allen's girlfriend in the 1998 Spike Lee flick, "He Got Game"-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am

Hope Jim Boeheim wasn't picking his nose during the ceremony.
And I do hope he dressed properly
Cavalier Owner's Open Letter Ripping LJ - Page 3 Untitl10
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 am

Hey Beat: I'll bet Boeheim wore Bleeding Maddress over polka dots with stove pipe pants and a skinny 80's style tie! -(LOL)-Now, Is Marcus going to make us forget about Steven Strassburg?-What's the skinny there?-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am

MD see new thread
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 am

As far as Gilbert being delusional and/or promising/predicting a championship, you can then throw Pat Riley in that mix back in the '80's for the back-to-back promise. He seems to be on the top of the world today as we speak.

I just hope he's right!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 am

Cleveland would have been better off years ago when James came in the league to have kept Paul Silas as their coach. He would have taught James old school style and not been overwhelmed by his talent and cater to his every whim. Silas would have instilled in James the type of feeling and respect for the game he only pretends to embrace. Now the CAVS new GM will have to be very resourceful to keep that team from sinking to the lower echelon of the league and out of playoff contention-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 am

MD

I really don't see Cleveland in the Playoff Hunt for some time but as they pick higher in the draft the next few years...who knows.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 pm

beat wrote:Also appears Paul and Carmelo are planning an exodus to the Knicks next year too.

Think the NBA needs to look into this but not sure if there really is anything they can do about it.

League is already top heavy and appears to be going in a way that will make it even moreso.

In the past 32 years only 8 different NBA teams have won titles, in Major League Baseball to get 8 different champs you need only to go back 9 years.

beat

Picking up on this point, I think the NBA needs to actually look into the Lebron situation for potential tampering and collusion. The report I heard was that night in mid winter when Lebron made the bonehead announcement that he would change his number this year and no longer wear #23 - was facilitated by Pat Riley - who invited Michael Jordan to have dinner with Lebron, Wade and himself to discuss winning basketball and coming to play in Miami.

If this is true, that Riley and the Heat were discussing contracts etc with a player who was currently under contract - I think the Cavs may have a legal leg to stand on. Problem is that King Stern knows that this new super team is good for his bottom line, and he will just crush any rumbling of discontent that will upset his false utopia.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
beat wrote:Also appears Paul and Carmelo are planning an exodus to the Knicks next year too.

beat

Picking up on this point, I think the NBA needs to actually look into the Lebron situation for potential tampering and collusion. The report I heard was that night in mid winter when Lebron made the bonehead announcement that he would change his number this year and no longer wear #23 - was facilitated by Pat Riley - who invited Michael Jordan to have dinner with Lebron, Wade and himself to discuss winning basketball and coming to play in Miami.

If this is true, that Riley and the Heat were discussing contracts etc with a player who was currently under contract - I think the Cavs may have a legal leg to stand on. Problem is that King Stern knows that this new super team is good for his bottom line, and he will just crush any rumbling of discontent that will upset his false utopia.

mrkleen,

Pat Riley, of the Miami Heat, asked Michael Jordan, of the Charlotte Bobcats, to join them to convince them to play in Miami?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Stern's a low life weasel who's as slimy as they come. Justice is only served in his eye. I'd like to see Floyd Mayweather serve some punch in Stern's eye (not Hawaiian either)-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Cleveland would have been better off years ago when James came in the league to have kept Paul Silas as their coach. He would have taught James old school style and not been overwhelmed by his talent and cater to his every whim. Silas would have instilled in James the type of feeling and respect for the game he only pretends to embrace..........

MD,
Agree with you 100%. Judging by the events in 2005, Gilbert bought the team, cleaned the front office - fired Silas and Paxson, hired MB and DF, 2 party men who'd keep the cash cow, LJ, as happy as possible. Oh well...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:56 pm

This whole thing is a big sham. This was decided years ago. These guys played on the Olympic team and I can remember them saying back then that they would like to play together.

All that crap that went on with Wade in Chicago was a ploy. Do you honestly think he put playing in Chicago over playing with these two guys in Miami. He just used his kids as a cover up. I hope his wife really takes him to the cleaners when it comes to paying up.

Stern looked like a fool yesterday when he came on and said how disappointed he was in the process. He could have stopped things way back when it was first announced.

James made a fool out of every team that he "interviewed" with. He never had any intention of going to any other team and he made them all look like fools for chasing him, promising him anything and everything.

This whole thing has made me sick. To say I "hate" a team is going too far, but they are already thinking they have won something when a season hasn't even started. Call it what you will, but there is someone out there who will lay one on one of these guys and they will go down. Then we'll see how "great" they are. I want to see LeBron give that ball up like he says he will. This will be a side show and a half.

I am tired of this topic, I just wish it would be closed out so that we can all
move on to the Celtics and what is happening with them. Nothing more can be said about this fiasco than hasn't been said already.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Rosie t

It reads housewives of new york or worse yet when they put that poor lost Anna nichole chick on full display when she was abusing scrip drugs and slobbering on herself.

Or Brittany Spears self destruction.

Or better yet Rome.

I'm with you, let the freaks and two percenters cover the circus and the rest of us will just talk hoop. But we who wish to do that will have to turn espn and all of those idiots completely off to do that. and that still wont work...

The nba has been headed this way for some time...bad stern driven choice by choice...at every turn greed and self interest. This is the end result.

I wonder if Stern has any ideal how hated this team will be?

Aw hell he dont care he'll just count that money.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

jeb65 wrote:
Rosie t

It reads housewives of new york or worse yet when they put that poor lost Anna nichole chick on full display when she was abusing scrip drugs and slobbering on herself.

Or Brittany Spears self destruction.

Or better yet Rome.

I'm with you, let the freaks and two percenters cover the circus and the rest of us will just talk hoop. But we who wish to do that will have to turn espn and all of those idiots completely off to do that. and that still wont work...

The nba has been headed this way for some time...bad stern driven choice by choice...at every turn greed and self interest. This is the end result.

I wonder if Stern has any ideal how hated this team will be?

Aw hell he dont care he'll just count that money.

jeb,

Does Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck care about how many people they piss off? Not really, just as long as they can generate intense emotion, it's all good. As long as people show up, whether it's at the arenas to watch games and/or wrestling or listen to their shows, they're making money. If they want to boo when they're there, that's their privilege.

I remember listening to Howard Cosell. Nobody could piss me off like him. I would literally jump to my feet and start screaming at the TV at something he said. Everybody did. But when he retired, it felt like a big letdown.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:05 pm

bobheckler wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

beat

mrkleen,

Pat Riley, of the Miami Heat, asked Michael Jordan, of the Charlotte Bobcats, to join them to convince them to play in Miami?

bob

Yes.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

Riley really put the plan into action last November. During a Cavs visit to Miami, Riley arranged a get together with Michael Jordan and James. Jordan, who was in town to do some Nike work with Wade, at the time did not own a majority of the Bobcats.

During the meeting, Riley talked to James about how more modern players should pay homage to Jordan. Riley always had led this effort, retiring Jordan's No. 23 in the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena even though Jordan never played in Miami.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:31 pm

I don't like the whole LeBron circus that he allowed to happen but I have no problem with the big 3 wanting to play together as long as it works within the rules of the NBA.
David Stern will be happy with the TV ratings this year...
The NHL would do anything to get 1/10 of the attention the NBA has right now.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:36 pm

tjmakz wrote:I don't like the whole LeBron circus that he allowed to happen but I have no problem with the big 3 wanting to play together as long as it works within the rules of the NBA.
David Stern will be happy with the TV ratings this year...
The NHL would do anything to get 1/10 of the attention the NBA has right now.

TJ,

Especially since they're in the Eastern Conference too.

The NHL could get more attention. All they have to do is put the blades on their sticks instead of on their skates.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:39 pm

bob,

You are right about the East. We can no longer joke about the Least and the Best Conferences.
With the ridiculous fights that the NHL allows to happen, they don't need any more potential violence on the ice...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm

tjmakz wrote:bob,

You are right about the East. We can no longer joke about the Least and the Best Conferences.
With the ridiculous fights that the NHL allows to happen, they don't need any more potential violence on the ice...

TJ,

Put the blades on the sticks and I'll bet you'll see them acting like a bunch of perfect gentlement out there...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Bob

It has been trending that stars and individuals get special treatment and play under different rules for many years. One set of laws in the ghetto another entirely for the gated community. This shit with LaBron is where it all leads. I saw some of the enabling shit stern said about the Kings integrity and honesty showing through.

Welcome to the thunderdome.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next