Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble?

4 posters

Go down

Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble? Empty Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble?

Post by dboss Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:21 pm

By Chris Forsberg

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/will-celtics-bring-nba-championship-caliber-defense-orlando-bubble

The Celtics defense was ranked 4th in points allowed per 100 possessions but they were also ranks #2 in Opponents PPG, just 3/10 of a percentage point behind Toronto (106.5 vs 106.Cool

The Celtics could take their defense to another level. They are an elite defensive team.

Their challenge in the East is figuring out how to beat the Sixers and the Bucks. I think that begins and ends with limiting Embid and Antetokounmpo.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble? Empty Re: Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble?

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Our perimeter and wing defenders are the best in the league. Shocked actually that Toronto’s defense is so good without Kawhi.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble? Empty Re: Will Celtics bring NBA championship-caliber defense to Orlando bubble?

Post by dboss Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Our perimeter and wing defenders are the best in the league. Shocked actually that Toronto’s defense is so good without Kawhi.

Cow

They have a great defensive system anchored by 2 high end front line defenders (Siakum and Ibaka) However the negative for them is their 11-14 record against .500 and above teams.

A healthy RW could tip the balance in favor of the Celtics plus I think Boston has a lot of guys who can defend multiple positions.

As long as Marcus is healthy, Boston will scare the bejesus out of everyone. People probably forget that Marcus only played in 2 playoff games last year. He is our likely difference maker even though I expect some great basketball from our core.

Marcus is fearless and the competition dreads his presence on the floor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 pm

This is from the regular season but, just in case you forgot just how good a floor general Gordon Hayward is, and how important it is for us he is healthy and playing well...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Bob I thought this thread was about defense?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 am

cowens/oldschool,

Bob was merely extending the argument...defense leads to offense. But I get your jab!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:cowens/oldschool,

Bob was merely extending the argument...defense leads to offense.  But I get your jab!

db

I know I have to make sure bob doesn’t get out of line

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down