the official dumb question on a trade idea..

3 posters

Go down

the official dumb question on a trade idea.. Empty the official dumb question on a trade idea..

Post by Matty Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 am

so i got to work last night and was informed quickly that "king nothing" (and guys thats polite to some of the things i heard him called by a mess of ohioans) was off to warmer weather (personally i dont care that he's going but i do agree with the Cav's owner about the sort of person King Nothing is based on how he went about it...

and i got to wondering.. we got our starting 5 back, and now we got Jermaine O'Neil who i am cautsiosly excited about and ive read that next on the agenda was resigning tony and nate- and in each of those cases we have the advantage of mutual interest..

say we sign those fella's great lineup i think with one hole

perk/o'neil
big ticket/ticket stub
Truth/?
HOF allen/ Role playa allen
Rondo/Robinson

anyhow as i thought of that lineup it occured to me, each of the main Bigs we got (Large infant isnt quite a "big" in my book) we could really do with another quality guy working the post, i wondered who was availible that we'd be able to entice with the LLE (or dont we have the bi-annual exception as well this yr?) i got to wondering about trades that could work to get a player here as well..

one that interested me was our ol buddy, Big Al

im not playing GM but i was curious about the logistics of such a trade would a deal be doable if Boston was to use its Expiring Rasheed contract, the now signed bradley and then add a sign and trade with Scal to make up the diffrence? I wonderd about this all night and then found out that Miami now has Beasely as well which makes getting Big Al traded even more likely..

if its a doable trade, i wonder.. toss in a first, maybe some seconds and would Minny bite?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

the official dumb question on a trade idea.. Empty Re: the official dumb question on a trade idea..

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:20 am

In order for this trade to work Boston would have to send Minnesota approximately $11.375m in salaries.
With Rasheed and Bradley's contracts, they are short $3.871m.
I don't think Minnesota would be interested in paying Scal $4m to sit on the bench.
If Bradley is going to be a PG in the league Minnesota doesn't need another PG since they already have Flynn, Sessions and Rubio.

I am not sure Boston wants to pay Al 3 @ $42m. This pushes them millions more into the luxury tax.

I don't think this is a great fit for either team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

the official dumb question on a trade idea.. Empty Re: the official dumb question on a trade idea..

Post by gyso Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 am

Matty,

First, we have no Biannual. That was used on Marquis.

Sota has Beasley now and I would rather target him. He could play 3-4 and that helps out with Pierce's backup.

Big Al and J. O'Neal may be redundant parts, more or less, once Perk comes back.

Who knows what will happen? I think Sota is forward heavy and would like to shed some salary. Big Al has gets paid more than Beasley, so maybe Al is the one they try to move.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am

my curiosity came out of thinking about Al, however the same scenero could be used on any number of players..

actualy what i'd thought was in the case of Al we'd have to be within 125% of salery- so wouldnt signing scal (he's been with the team long enough to do this) to about 2 million get it done?

for a team like Minny, buying out 'Sheed, they'd be "stuck" with a 19th pick and a vetern player at about the LLE, instead of 11.3 million in salery for a player in a redundent position..

just wondering about feasibility is all

p.s. gyso,, Minny has made it very clear they want to trade Al, and its apparently a mutual feeling.. but as i said, it isnt so much this deal i was thinking of, but using it as an example of the sort of deal i was wondering if we could do, although i do like the idea based on i'm worried about the overall ability of Perk-KG-Oneil to all remain healthy all season
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am

Al is making $13m in 2010-11.
Boston would need to send approx. $11.38 to Minn.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Matty,

It is too much to make up with what we want to offer. In addition to Sheed, we will need to come up with 5.2mil (more or less) to make it happen.

Not Glen, not Jermaine, not TA, not Perk or any of the other starters. There is no medium or big money contracts left.

Big Al is out of our reach barring a major trade.

Beasley is within our reach. Thay actually have to send a minor player to us along with Beasley for it to get done.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down