Dumb Question but maybe not as dumb as you may think!

Go down

Dumb Question but maybe not as dumb as you may think! Empty Dumb Question but maybe not as dumb as you may think!

Post by dbrown4 Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:12 am

I'm sure this question has been raised before and probably on this site.  In the "Lucky" Logo, the green clover has 3 leaves.  To be deemed truly "lucky", a clover needs 4 leaves.  Why does "Lucky" and other Celtic designs only have 3 clovers?!

db

Hint:  I believe it has to do with the same reason Lucky only has 4 fingers!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question but maybe not as dumb as you may think! Empty Re: Dumb Question but maybe not as dumb as you may think!

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:48 am

OK, just wanted to make sure no one wanted to take a stab at it.

I may be wrong and may be the last to know, but it has to do with the animation world. When people in animation draw their characters or objects, they don't translate well to the TV screen and visual eye unless you make some adjustments.

All characters get 4 fingers because 5 just doesn't work or look right. 5-fingers look disproportionately smaller to the naked (TV) eye. From the opposite approach like when a Fred Flintstone smokes a cigarette, you almost can't (and don't because animators never show him smoking a cigarette) see it, because Fred is very small as well. That's why he only smokes a cigar. And you will note it is a BIG cigar!

Now to our boy Lucky. The 4-leaf clover is considered "lucky" if you believe that. They are hard to find. But animators give Lucky only 3 clovers because 4 clovers are just too small and look cramped.

You would think that with the progression of technology and all the animation that has followed our beloved Loony Tunes that this issue would have been resolved. Unfortunately it's just like electric power lines. Wireless has come around the last 40-50 years but power lines are still the best.

So with this, while Lucky may not appear lucky, we've got 17 championships and quite possibly 2-3 more in the next few year here that say otherwise.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down