could be another interesting off-season

5 posters

Go down

could be another interesting off-season Empty could be another interesting off-season

Post by kdp59 Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 am

we've seen the rumors about Giannis, CP3, etc.....and now there is this:

James Harden has been heavily criticized throughout his career for his playoff underperformance, but he’s also a consistent MVP candidate who is solely responsible for the team being in position to contend every year. Would the Rockets actually consider moving on from Harden? “I wouldn’t put it past [Daryl Morey] to consider moving James Harden,” NBC Sports NBA Insider Tom Haberstroh told NBC Sports Bay Area. “Do I think it is going to happen? I would not bet on it.” “Daryl Morey is as transactional as any GM we have seen in the NBA,” Haberstroh continued, “so I think this team that you see right now for Houston, is probably not going to be the team next season.” – via Grant Liffmann @ Yahoo! Sports

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

could be another interesting off-season Empty Re: could be another interesting off-season

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 pm

The one I wonder about is Westbrook/ I know he is multi talented, but I have watched him now implode on two different teams in the playoffs. His turnovers are a killer. He is the one who may get moved
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

could be another interesting off-season Empty Re: could be another interesting off-season

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:The one I wonder about is Westbrook/  I know he is multi talented, but I have watched him now implode on two different teams in the playoffs.  His turnovers are a killer.  He is the one who may get moved

I hate t say this, but I think the game has passed Westbrook by. Guards who can't shoot are of limited value in today's NBA. Russell's determination and otherworldly athleticism has allowed him to continue, but I feel like his time has passed. He would have been better in the early 2000s NBA....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:37 pm

You may be right, but they said the game had passed Carmelo by and he came back. Westbrook is going to have to embrace his limitations and take advantage of what he does well. I just do not think it will be with Houston. Talk about a team searching for it’s identity
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Westbrook is scheduled to make $132m over the next 3 years.
Houston will have a very difficult time trading him.
I wouldn’t want him on my team.
He’s a stats stuffer but not a winner.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:The one I wonder about is Westbrook/  I know he is multi talented, but I have watched him now implode on two different teams in the playoffs.  His turnovers are a killer.  He is the one who may get moved

I hate t say this, but I think the game has passed Westbrook by. Guards who can't shoot are of limited value in today's NBA. Russell's determination and otherworldly athleticism has allowed him to continue, but I feel like his time has passed. He would have been better in the early 2000s NBA....

He may not be the greatest shooter but a career 43% is not a number thats indicative of a player who cant shoot.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Ktron wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:

He may not be the greatest shooter but a career 43% is not a number thats indicative of a player who cant shoot.

Westbrook’s field goal percentage is respectable because he can get to the basket for layups and dunks.
He has shot under 30% from 3 PT area in 5 of the last 6 seasons.
In the last series the Lakers regularly left him open for outside shots and most of the time he missed.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down