kdp59
KyleCleric
worcester
tjmakz
bobheckler
Ktron
10 posters

Go down

Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft Empty Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft

Post by Ktron Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Meh!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft Empty Re: Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 5 minutes ago
Thunder will take Vincent Poirier and his $2.5 million salary into one of their traded player exceptions, according to a league source. C's include cash to cover his salary but free up a roster spot.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Call me crazy but I see this as a win.  We free up salary cap, albeit just a little, get a pick and, most importantly, free up a roster spot.  This allows Danny to cut a deal for Hayward in which he can take multiple players back.  And it's not like Poirier was going to get minutes here.  Does it move the needle much by itself?  No, but that's not the point.  What it does is create flexibility for a deal that can move the needle.  If I phrased this as "Danny clearing away dead wood at the very end of the bench" it makes it sound better.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft Empty Re: Vincent P for another pick. Yay Danny..pfft

Post by tjmakz Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

This is most likely a top 55 protected 2nd round pick that will never convey to Boston.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Clearing dead wood at the end of the pine...redundant but a bit poetic.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Able to move on from Poirier without giving up an asset. Good enough. Doubt we use the TPE we received

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Tacko time!!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Minor moves add to the ability to make major moves.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:55 pm

worcester wrote:Clearing dead wood at the end of the pine...redundant but a bit poetic.

Quote of the Day.

Joining the multiple award winner ranks!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks NYC.

BTW, I know I sound overly optimistic about Payton, but I see him as a Fred Van Vleet with a much better shot and one tenth the price tag.Time will tell
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Poirier will move to another team where he will likely take up the 15th spot on their roster.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:03 pm

worcester wrote:Thanks NYC.

BTW, I know I sound overly optimistic about Payton, but I see him as a Fred Van Vleet with a much better shot and one tenth the price tag.Time will tell

Optimism is a good thing. Bargain pricing is too. Fingers crossed.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Vincent Poirier
@viinze_17P
Thank you @celtics for your warm welcome and this great year ! To my teammates, coaching staff and the fans see you soon ☘
4:24 PM · Nov 19, 2020

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:52 am

He may have to buy a ticket to any and all NBA games he wants to attend in the future just like the rest of us fans because he is probably only as good an NBA player as the rest of us fans.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 am

wideclyde wrote:He may have to buy a ticket to any and all NBA games he wants to attend in the future just like the rest of us fans because he is probably only as good an  NBA player as the rest of us fans.

LOL. However, Scal proved otherwise a few years back. After he retired.

https://tinyurl.com/y4f8l4fl

Over 11 NBA seasons, journeyman forward Brian Scalabrine cultivated an image of a regular guy who just happened to play basketball. Eventually, many fans came to believe that Scalabrine was an Average Joe, not an elite athlete (as all NBA players are), and figured that he probably wasn't that great at the profession that earned him tens of millions of dollars. This summer, Scalabrine said that he resented this suggestion (even if he also heartily embraced the regular guy image), and in December he challenged any Boston-area amateur basketball players to games of one-on-one.

Click on the link to read more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down