cowens/oldschool
kdp59
NYCelt
dboss
willjr
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Haywood signs with the Hornets! - Page 3 Empty Re: Haywood signs with the Hornets!

Post by tjmakz Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 pm

dboss wrote:I think this is a little more complicated than GH to the Hornets and TPE to Boston.  

The Hornets can stretch the Batum contract for 3 years but the CAP hit would be $9 million per year.  I read that they are looking for a 3rd team to take on the bad contract but the cost would be draft pick (s)

The TPE must be used in a 12 month window.  To use it now would put us right back in the luxury tax penalty if it was used at acquire a player whose salary pushes us over the top.    We would not have to send out any salary up to the TPE amount to do the transaction.  

Overall if Danny gets a $30 million TPE it does not impact the team in any way unless he actually uses it.

If a team out there has a guy that they are not going to resign but Boston could use them now then the TPE could be very useful.  Or if a player is waived by a team the TPE could be used to sign them.

The Celtics want to avoid being a tax payer this year.

A TPE can’t be used to sign a waived player. It can only be used in a trade for a player.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Haywood signs with the Hornets! - Page 3 Empty Re: Haywood signs with the Hornets!

Post by tjmakz Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Boston could not use all of a $30m TPE this year.
I believe they could use approximately $15m when factoring in Teague’s salary into Boston’s hard cap of just under $139m.

I don’t understand the whole sign and trade situation.
If Charlotte ends up over the salary cap in a Hayward trade, they would have to abide by the salary matching trade rules.
If Charlotte is under the cap after trading for Hayward, then they don’t need to make a trade. They could sign Hayward with cap space.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3