RosalieTCeltics
NYCelt
Ktron
kdp59
dboss
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics Empty Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Per the wifey
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics Empty Re: Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Tristan Thompson is going to the Celtics on a two-year, $19 million deal,
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics Empty Re: Tristan Thompson signs with the Celtics

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Danny quickly removes his head from under the guillotine.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6474/tristan-thompson
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-tristan-thompson-agrees-to-deal-with-boston-celtics-004937687.html
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm

there ya go

I'll take Thompson for the hair gel limper all day and the next!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm

Hey BobH please update the Celtic Roster thread
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:03 pm

under the tax line another year too....now get Tatum maxed!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

kdp59 wrote:there ya go

Danny spent up that MLE money faster than a guy on general relief.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 pm

I like this! Danny is still a %$%e But I like this

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:there ya go

Laughing Good one!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Ktron wrote:I like this! Danny is still a %$%e But I like this

TT should work out.  12 /10 are solid numbers.  With all the hoopla I would probably be cheering if it was reported that Danny just signed a ham and cheese sandwich.  My expectations were temporarily reduced to nice snack.

Last edited by dboss on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:32 pm

That should provide a little help. Starting to move in a better direction.

If RWIII can stay healthy, Thompson, Theis and RWIII along with Tatum would at least be a bit of an upgrade in the front-court.

Now to find a PG to replace Wannamaker.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm

As far as I am concerned this is better than Turner. This is one tough player, good to have on the team, been around a long time.

It is funny, on draft night they had said that Baynes had signed with Charlotte, guess not since he was still on the list of available. Now I want a veteran point guard who is tough, do we have money to sign Wanny back
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:I like this! Danny is still a %$%e But I like this

TT should work out.  12 /10 are solid numbers.  With all the hoopla I would probably be cheering if it was reported that Danny just signed a ham an cheese sandwich.  My expectations were temporarily reduce to nice snack.

I had reduced my expectations down to a fried bologna sandwich. I do like TT and was hoping they would have tried to get him a year a 2 ago. Great rebounder. Now..has anyone signed I.T. Yet?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Now if we can get him to leave whichever Kardashian that is behind so he can focus on basketball...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm

I think Reggie Jackson would take the vet minimum and so would IT. I probably go with Reggie at 6' 3" and 208 lbs. If we need scoring more, then IT is definitely an option that could work plus he has already played with several of our guys and knows the offense.

There remains an opportunity to make a trade or just keep a roster spot open

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 pm

NYCelt wrote:Now if we can get him to leave whichever Kardashian that is behind so he can focus on basketball...

They have a baby together so there is that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Tristan Thompson is Enes Kanter with much better defense (not saying a whole lot there, to be honest, Thompson deserves more credit than that) and much worse ft% (61% vs 78%).  Both play in the paint almost exclusively.  Both eat rebounds like the Cookie Monster eats Mrs. Fields.

Roughly the same number of ftas/36mpg, about 3.4ish, so we're going to lose points.  How many depends upon how many minutes.  Where we will gain points is in pnr points NOT given up.  I will go from banging my head on my keyboard from lousy defense to banging my head on my keyboard from lousy fritos.  Figure .5 ppg lost per gane from the line vs 6 ppg saved on defense.

Our bench is still a kindergarten.  It was last year snd it's worse with Wanny gone.  We still have the biannual exemption to use on a veteran, if Danny can trade Edwards for a box of Krispy Kremes. If Edwards is gone he can offer the QO to Javonte.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

dboss wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Now if we can get him to leave whichever Kardashian that is behind so he can focus on basketball...

Didn’t recall that one.

Guess she’s not going away.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 pm

bobheckler wrote:Both eat rebounds like the Cookie Monster eats Mrs. Fields.
Bob

Quote of the day.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:Tristan Thompson is Enes Kanter with much better defense (not saying a whole lot there, to be honest, Thompson deserves more credit than that) and much worse ft% (61% vs 78%).  Both play in the paint almost exclusively.  Both eat rebounds like the Cookie Monster eats Mrs. Fields.

Roughly the same number of ftas/36mpg, about 3.4ish, so we're going to lose points.  How many depends upon how many minutes.  Where we will gain points is in pnr points NOT given up.  I will go from banging my head on my keyboard from lousy defense to banging my head on my keyboard from lousy fritos.  Figure .5 ppg lost per gane from the line vs 6 ppg saved on defense.

Our bench is still a kindergarten.  It was last year snd it's worse with Wanny gone.  We still have the biannual exemption to use on a veteran, if Danny can trade Edwards for a box of Krispy Kremes. If Edwards is gone he can offer the QO to Javonte.

Bob

So we let Wanny go for Jeff Teague?Im losing it

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 am

NYCelt wrote:
dboss wrote:

Didn’t recall that one.

Guess she’s not going away.

Nope and neither will the Child support agency
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 am

Thompson is not a bad pickup. I thought he might be too expensive at that price tag though. My fear is he is out of shape and not fast enough for when we go smaller, but I am watching some games from March now and he seems solid.

Would give us someone that can almost legitimately guard Embiid 1v1 as well. Has no shot whatsoever, but that I find as a no issue. It is time for Brad to get some new plays in the playbook with a more traditional center, he has enough wings for which to draw plays anyway.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

I think these are great pick ups. Much better than I thought possible for either spot. For all those talking about Teague's age, he is only a year older than Wanny. I liked Wanny, and he was solid, but Teague is an upgrade. Former allstar, experienced - he is a guy who could not only run the 2nd unit, but can play with the 1st as well. Could be a huge help come playoff time. Thompson is a big strong defensive minded center who will give you a double double with minutes and who has big game experience. Again, could really help come play off time. Both players may also benefit from playing under Brad. If not for the Hayward situation, I suspect people would be a lot more excited.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next