kdp59
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Harden to nets Empty Harden to nets

Post by kdp59 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 pm

and no not for irving!

bunch of draft picks

LeVert and Allen reportedly to Houston too.

now they say another team will be involved.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Harden to nets Empty Re: Harden to nets

Post by kdp59 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski: Reporting with @RamonaShelburne: Brooklyn is acquiring Houston’s James Harden in a blockbuster deal, sources tell ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn

Shams Charania: Breaking: The Houston Rockets are trading James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Houston will acquire Victor Oladipo, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, four first-round picks and four first-round pick swaps in the four-team deal, which also includes the Indiana Pacers and Cleveland Cavaliers, per Wojnarowski and The Athletic’s Shams Charania. Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince will be sent from Brooklyn to Cleveland. In return for Oladipo, the Pacers will receive Caris LeVert and a second-round pick.

The four draft picks and the pick swaps are all unprotected, according to Charania. One of the picks going to Houston reportedly includes the 2022 first-round pick Cleveland previously acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks. The Cavaliers are also sending a 2024 second-round pick to the Nets in the four-team trade.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-houston-rockets-trade-james-harden-to-brooklyn-nets-in-blockbuster-deal-211137434.html
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:05 pm

So the Nets will have Durant, Irving (maybe/sometimes) and Harden?

That's a lot of talent, but also bound to be a big circus.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Yeah, three self absorbed ball hogs!! I love this!! This train wreck just went over the cliff!! Into a brick wall!! This will be the worst team EVER!!

I'm guessing Cryrie will mysteriously come out of hiding in the next few minutes with no explanation?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:37 pm

The Nets now have 3 of the very best offensive players in the NBA.   Two of those players are most dangerous when they are on the ball and the other will demand his fair share of touches.  It will be interesting to see how this works out.

In the process of putting together a super team, the Nets got substantially weaker at the defensive end of the court.  Levert was their best 2-way player and Prince was also a solid defender who could score as well.  Their center spot took a big hit with Allen gone.  He led them with 10.4 rebounds per game and 1.7 blocks.  The ancient DeAndre Jordan has not been a quality starting center for a few years.  

I suspect the Nets will be playing a lot of small ball but unfortunately neither KI or JH can defend their own position.  Before this trade I really thought they had a complete roster.  

I thought the Rockets did well for themselves by getting Oidipo and ton and tons of 1st rounders or swaps.

Indiana also did well in getting Levert who has a more CAP friendly contract.  Olidipo is looking for max money.

Cleveland landed 2 rotation guys basically and I am sure neither is thrilled going to the Cavs.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

They will miss LeVertm he is a good player who has always played well against the Celtics.

It looks as if Victor wanted out more than he said he did.???? Wall must be happy to be rid of the ball hog finally.

I will reserve my remarks about Brooklyn. They may be the three best offensive players in the league, but there is only one ball.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Overall I think Brooklyn is now weaker. Allen, Levert and picks are a lot to give up.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm

And remember Spenser Dinwiddie is hurt, why oh why would he ever want to be on this team, he will never see that ball
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Surprise,, surprise. Just read a story that Kyrie is extremely angry with the Brooklyn Management right now. Seems the big boss never wanted them to hire Nash, they never consulted him. Imagine that.

Retire Kyrie you are never going to be happy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 pm

worcester wrote:Overall I think Brooklyn is now weaker. Allen, Levert and picks are a lot to give up.
and a s##tload of draft picks. I think I have seen this movie b4
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Kyrie would probably enjoy Chinese cooking if he could overcome his fear of traveling to near the edge of the Earth.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Me too jr..trading both talent and picks for an aging star...not a long term winning formula...not to mention the tax implications. Indy will be better though.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:41 pm

Agree that Nest had a better roster before, Brooklyn lost 2 good young wings that could score and handle enough and defend elite 2-3’s, now Durant is going to have to work harder on the defensive end and when he goes to the bench who’s going to defend stud wings? Allen was also a very good young 5, had a lot of intangibles and could get you a double-double consistently, and provided a lot of force in the paint. Taking away 3 good young players like that for a guy that always fades in the playoffs, don’t see this ending well. Kyrie....mista primadonna

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Cow, I don't understand the thinking of the Nets management in how thsy have put this team together, with no regard for continuity, depth, and development. So glad we are not Nets fans. Bobby Marks today basically said Kyrie is a nutcase. Too bad we couldn't have traded Kyrie for zlavert and Allen back when. I like both those players together better than Harden, never mind all the picks. Sure glad Danny is a stingy bastard!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Durant has to be shaking his head. They should trade kyrie to the Knicks
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am

dbrown4 wrote:Yeah, three self absorbed ball hogs!!  I love this!!  This train wreck just went over the cliff!!  Into a brick wall!!  This will be the worst team EVER!!  

I'm guessing Cryrie will mysteriously come out of hiding in the next few minutes with no explanation?

db
That would be 2 self absorbed ball hogs. Durant is all everything and is not even close to being a ball hog. Don’t be surprised if Kyrie is moved.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 am

That story I read said their relationship was testy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:That story I read said their relationship was testy

And supposedly didn’t care for the Nash hiring. Let’s hope they don’t trade the jerk and allow a full tilt implosion. Somehow though, I don’t believe the Nets are even that stupid to keep him around.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 am

I actually feel sorry for Kyrie. His mental problems seem to be taking all joy out of his life. Kemba, however , is the anti-Kyrie
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 am

Ktron,

Perhaps I was a bit hasty and caught up in the moment.  Allow me to rephrase:

"3 guys who absolutely have to have the ball in their hands most of the time to score 38 points each night."  

Might as well not even start 2 other players that would make out a starting 5.  Those two clowns will never see the ball and never score.  They will have to be shooting 95% from the field for those 3 to trust them to score.

The sad thing is, Ktron, one of those 3 is going to have to yield a shit ton of points and touches...I'm going to guess early it's Harden because he ain't got no O'Brien trophies nor the knowledge of what it takes to win one.  The other two have the hardware.  Good luck with that conversation, although Harden may surprise us.  It depends on his level of desperation.  If he willingly threw himself into this trade and Cryrie is still there?  This is one desperate dude!  It is definitely the end of the road.  It's now or never.      

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I actually feel sorry for Kyrie. His mental problems seem to be taking all joy out of his life. Kemba, however , is the anti-Kyrie

+100

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am

He has to admit to himself that he needs help dealing with his issues. I do not think he is ready to do that, it is the rest of us who have problems, not him, in his mind. He should sit down and have a chat with Kevin Love, or even Demar DeRozen, both have come out in the open and discussed their issues. He appears to be bi polar, extreme highs, extreme lows. But who am I, but for his own sake I wish he would get help.

Jeff Goodman said in an interview last night that Durant was on board for the Nash hiring, Kyrie was not consulted.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

worcester wrote:Cow, I don't understand the thinking of the Nets management in how thsy have put this team together, with no regard for continuity, depth, and development. So glad we are not Nets fans. Bobby Marks today basically said Kyrie is a nutcase. Too bad we couldn't have traded Kyrie for zlavert and Allen back when. I like both those players together better than Harden, never mind all the picks. Sure glad Danny is a stingy bastard!

+1. I would have done a Lavert-Allen trade for Kyrie in a heartbeat.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 am

Would have loved for Danny to wiggle into this deal like the Cavs manager did...

I mean getting Jared Allen and Tauren Prince is near perfect pick ups imo. (I mean for the Celtics not the Cavs Smile)

And Cavaliers contributed:
1 first round pick from Bucks 2022 (25-30 pick)
1 second round pick (own 2024)
Dante Exum

Am I missing something from that deal or Cleveland got 1 good Wing that can defend and shoot and 1 great young center and gave up? A Brad Wannamaker and some pocket change picks?
EDIT: Just to calrify what I mean. Taurean Prince is a better player than Semi and Jared Alen is better than RWill or Gwill or Theis, probably better than TT. Also both of them have a better upside. And DAnny could have used the TPE to absorb the 12-13M salary of Prince right?
Well done by Cleveland!

Not sure what the Nets are thinking... Poor Nash, what a place to get your first gig as a coach...

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next