Sam
beat
steve3344
8 posters

Go down

Nets/Celtics 10/15 Empty Nets/Celtics 10/15

Post by steve3344 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 pm

http://www.nba.com/games/20131015/BOSBKN/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/sports/basketball/reunion-for-players-and-a-win-for-the-nets-against-the-celtics.html?_r=0

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/celtic-wallace-nets-scapegoat-article-1.1486977

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Nets/Celtics 10/15 Empty Re: Nets/Celtics 10/15

Post by beat Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:28 am

Could not watch but in looking at the stats, we apparently held out own on the boards, had plenty of field goal attempts but shot rather dismall. Nets actually shot worse on a lot fewer attempts.

Only 17 fouls shot attempts, they had twice that. Appears we may have been settling for jumpers instead of getting inside. Also see KO fouled out, anyone that watched who did he commit the fouls on for the most part?

Apparently was still a winable game, but a loss none the less.

beat

Hopefully this isn't a patern once the real games start.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:43 am

I only saw the second half, but it looked rather lifeless to me. Maybe they expended all their energy in the first half.

Two exceptions were Humphries and Lee, both of whom put out a lot of effort. Toward the end of the game, Courtney swished consecutive threes, which gives me hope that maybe his offense is finally coming around. Olynyk's fouls were at least partly due to his defensive vulnerability against a really good center. Apparently Brad was content to allow that to happen, perhaps because (at least in the half I watched), Kelly displayed some pretty good offense from outside and in transition. Vitor played relatively few minutes.

This was the first game in which I've seen Crawford had a bit of a relapse, as he took several ill-advised shots. He got extended iminutes, as I didn't see Pressey at all.

Actually, by looking at these guys one-by-one, I'm making the mistake of not looking at the big picture first. And the big picture showed me Brad going with what conceivably could be an ongoing core rotation of nine players:

Bass
Green
Sully
Bradley
Crawford
Olynyk
Humphries
Wallace
Lee

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Vitor and Pressey were not part of the regular rotation, but a rotation of 11 is admittedly cumbersome. Maybe Pressey will be featured tonight instead of Crawford, and perhaps Brad will rest Humprhries in favor of Vitor.

Faverani, Pressey and Brooks got almost token minutes and could logically comprise the other three who dress for games, leaving Ben-holter, Taylor, Babb and Sims (who wasn't even listed as a "DNP"—has he been waived or something?) to contest for the three remaining roster slots (if they decide to carry a roster of 15).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:46 am

Sam,

It's starting to look like that 9-man rotation you mention above.

Pressey, Brooks and Faverani might be limited to situational roles.  I had hoped to see more of Brooks and Pressey, which we may still.

112288 pointed out something in another thread that I've also noticed; if our trainer doesn't get to work with some of our forwards, we're going to get knocked down at the playground and have our lunch money stolen*.  Olynyk has a slim build, but appears to need to get stronger to have any chance of consistently competing on the boards.  We don't need a 7-footer limited to hovering around the elbow unless he's named Nowitski.  Faverani is sizeable, but like other South American players, it looks like conditioning gets bypassed in Brazilian leagues.  Must be too much time chasing all those Brazilian bikini models.  Sullinger worries me most.  The two factors that kept teams from drafting him were his back condition and his struggle to keep his weight in check. I would think having had back surgery, the goal would be to keep the weight down, but he looks a little pudgy.  Hopefully that remedies itself because he may be our most valuable forward overall.

Regards

* Note:  You have to be old enough to get the lunch money analogy.  For those who always had their school lunch paid for online, we used to actually take money to school to buy lunch.  Really.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 am

NYCelt wrote:Sam,

* Note:  You have to be old enough to get the lunch money analogy.  For those who always had their school lunch paid for online, we used to actually take money to school to buy lunch.  Really.

I had my Zorro lunch pail.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 am

beat wrote:

beat
Mine was Iron Man.

But when I was bringing instead of buying I'd take along a dime to buy milk instead of having my mom fill my thermos.

Any lunch with Tater Tots, I'd buy.

Given the chance, still do...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:18 am

beat wrote:

beat

Mine was what ever the other kid had. I didn't actually take the lunchbox, I just convinced thrm to "share". It's amazing I never got caught. A good thing too, since my mother was the president of the PTA. I would have had a very different childhood if she ever got one of those calls.

Greetings from The Big Easy. Got in around 1am, just got back from breakfast at Mother's, and am taking my Galaxy Note out for a test drive.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

[quote="bobheckler"][quote="beat"]
NYCelt wrote:
Mine was what ever the other kid had.  I didn't actually take the lunchbox, I just convinced thrm to "share".  It's amazing I never got caught.  A good thing too, since my mother was the president of the PTA.  I would have had a very different childhood if she ever got one of those calls.

Greetings from The Big Easy.  Got in around 1am, just got back from breakfast at Mother's, and am taking my Galaxy Note out for a test drive.

bob

What did you have?

For breakfast this morning that is...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 am

When I ate at school there was not any "online" to begin with.. 2 cookies and a grape pop was my lunch for last 6 yrs of school.

Never had my money stolen, a few other kids I know might have felt that way after they lost theirs betting with me though.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 am

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
beat wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
Mine was what ever the other kid had.  I didn't actually take the lunchbox, I just convinced thrm to "share".  It's amazing I never got caught.  A good thing too, since my mother was the president of the PTA.  I would have had a very different childhood if she ever got one of those calls.

Greetings from The Big Easy.  Got in around 1am, just got back from breakfast at Mother's, and am taking my Galaxy Note out for a test drive.

bob

What did you have?

For breakfast this morning that is...

nycelt,

I had a crawfish etouffee omelet and coffee. The plan is to go back for lunch and/or dinner and get the oyster po'boy with debris and the bourbon bread pudding for dessert. If you know Mother's, you'll know what all that means.

Got off the plane and thought I was breathing soup. I've lived in CA for so long I've forgotten what real humidity feels like.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:29 am

Bob,

Never been to Mother's but have heard about it.

Anything with crawfish has got to be good.

This whole thing is making me hungry so I've got to go get some lunch. Best I'm probably going to be able to do is a turkey sub. You're killing me here!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:56 am

I pretty much saw the whole game except for the times I was immersed in my 3DS.

The game was close throughout. The C's never had to mount any significant comebacks, and they made several runs, which were a result of outpacing the Nets.

One thing I noticed is that the Nets are a huge team. A lot of big, physical guys that can bang with the other team. Boston, although undersized, played as a scrappy bunch and were not out-muscled.

beat,

KO fouled out basically from playing guys more physical than he was. But he had a very nice game otherwise.

NYCelt,

I'd have to say that Sullinger arguably looks better than anyone judging by performance alone.

Sam,

Yeah, that seems to be the case with the rotation. But I am willing to bet that Pressey and Faverani will become more valuable as the season progresses. Crawford isn't a PG solution.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am

k_j_88 wrote:
NYCelt,

I'd have to say that Sullinger arguably looks better than anyone judging by performance alone.

KJ
Agreed on that part.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm

As a sidenote, is it ok to have a little bit of a side cheer for kg/pp winning it this year as a Celtics fan?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 am

swedeinestonia wrote:As a sidenote, is it ok to have a little bit of a side cheer for kg/pp winning it this year as a Celtics fan?
I think so.  Unless God Himself intercedes, which last happened in major league sports with the '69 Mets, we aren't winning it.  Might as well hope a couple of Celtics legends shut the door on Miami and earn themselves another much deserved ring to pad their Hall of Fame careers.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:19 am

Swede,

I can live with any team other than the Celtics (if they can't win it) becoming champions—except any team with Lebron James and/or Dwayne Wade on it OR any team that has "won" (with the well-knownl geographic asterisk) nearly as many championships as the Celts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:28 am

BobH,

Have you ever been to Olde Nawlins Cookery? It used to be a tiny place that was always jammed and had pretty good local food. They've since moved to 205 Bourbon St., and I have no idea whether the ambiance or food quality may have change.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 am

As long as Miami doesn't win, I'm content.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down