dbrown4
NYCelt
kdp59
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harden to nets - Page 2 Empty Re: Harden to nets

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Didn’t even know all of that, great move by Cavs!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Van

Danny could have got in the mix instead of Cleveland.  The Nets needed CAP space. The TPE along with a pick could have got us Allen and Prince but then what?  We would have to move 2 guys in the deal.  Probably Theis to the Nets and maybe Semi.    Then you have to think about fit with Allen.  Chemistry...etc. I no longer have concerns at center so why make the deal.  Prince is still just a rotation level talent and RW gives our 5 rotation verticality.  So who needs either of these Nets?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Houston did well getting those draft picks, and I do love Victor, but do they have to sign him to a contract (extention, new, or whatever?) LeVert is a great pickup for Indy. I love that kid.

Brooklyn may have a great three, but are they ready to play alot of the minutes? The one smart thing they didn't do was trade Harris. He is a solid player. The one I wonder about is Dinwiddie when he is ever ready to play, this year or next??
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:48 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Houston did well getting those draft picks, and I do love Victor, but do they have to sign him to a contract (extention, new, or whatever?)  LeVert is a great pickup for Indy. I love that kid.

Brooklyn may have a great three, but are they ready to play alot of the minutes? The one smart thing they didn't do was trade Harris. He is a solid player.  The one I wonder about is Dinwiddie when he is ever ready to play, this year or next??

Exactly, they needed that young dynamic energy and depth they could get from Lavert, Allen and Prince. Look how much depth and quality role players we had on the 08 Celtics, not seeing that here at all.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:18 pm

dboss wrote:Van

Danny could have got in the mix instead of Cleveland.  The Nets needed CAP space. The TPE along with a pick could have got us Allen and Prince but then what?  We would have to move 2 guys in the deal.  Probably Theis to the Nets and maybe Semi.    Then you have to think about fit with Allen.  Chemistry...etc. I no longer have concerns at center so why make the deal.  Prince is still just a rotation level talent and RW gives our 5 rotation verticality.  So who needs either of these Nets?

I agree with your points dboss, both of them. It is just for me it would have been worth it because:

1. I am perfectly happy to replace Theis (as much as I love his play) and Semi (as much as he seems to finally be that D and 3 guy we needed him to be 3 years ago) with Allen and Prince. Prince defends well every time I have seen him, the only thing we lose here is the "Giannis Stopper". Prince has mid range shot though and overal more polished offensive game than Semi. And then we come to the big difference in opinion perhaps - I unlike you am not ok with our center position. I really really hope you all are right and RWill will be that guy, but I do not see it yet, have not seen it from him... ever. I share the hope that more minutes this season will finally let him be that solid, energetic center we need, but I am lacking empirical evidence as of right now. He has incredible flashes, the talent is there. But I have yet to see any consistency in his defense and that is much more important and where I think Jared Alllen is already leaps and bounds ahead of Rwill. Allen is also just bigger and more athletic than Theis without losing much of said consistency. Not going to compare to GWill as I find that unfair to Grant.

2. While I also think chemistry is an important factor I also think replacing key role players with better ones is how one ultimately takes the step from "contender" to "champion". I believe the Celtics had great chemistry in the Bubble and overall last season. I do not see a new banner however. And let us be honest - do you think that the team as currently constructed can win it all? We certainly have the main pieces set, but... "contender" to "champion"... This is why I would take an upgrade to key role players between 6-10 if it can be had and leave the chemistry to the team to figure out. Specifically this early in the season.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Saw a piece that speculated about Oladipo being a prime candidate now for the TPE Boston has.

Maybe some type of Nesmith for someone we never heard of Houston has draft rights to and Oladipo's expiring deal for the TPE?

we'd have his bird rights next season, if they can work out a longer term thing
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Vankisa wrote:
dboss wrote:Van

I agree with your points dboss, both of them. It is just for me it would have been worth it because:

1. I am perfectly happy to replace Theis (as much as I love his play) and Semi (as much as he seems to finally be that D and 3 guy we needed him to be 3 years ago) with Allen and Prince. Prince defends well every time I have seen him, the only thing we lose here is the "Giannis Stopper". Prince has mid range shot though and overal more polished offensive game than Semi. And then we come to the big difference in opinion perhaps - I unlike you am not ok with our center position. I really really hope you all are right and RWill will be that guy, but I do not see it yet, have not seen it from him... ever. I share the hope that more minutes this season will finally let him be that solid, energetic center we need, but I am lacking empirical evidence as of right now. He has incredible flashes, the talent is there. But I have yet to see any consistency in his defense and that is much more important and where I think Jared Alllen is already leaps and bounds ahead of Rwill. Allen is also just bigger and more athletic than Theis without losing much of said consistency. Not going to compare to GWill as I find that unfair to Grant.

2. While I also think chemistry is an important factor I also think replacing key role players with better ones is how one ultimately takes the step from "contender" to "champion". I believe the Celtics had great chemistry in the Bubble and overall last season. I do not see a new banner however. And let us be honest - do you think that the team as currently constructed can win it all? We certainly have the main pieces set, but... "contender" to "champion"... This is why I would take an upgrade to key role players between 6-10 if it can be had and leave the chemistry to the team to figure out. Specifically this early in the season.

All good points but I really do not see Allen being able to play away from the paint. I still think we are missing a BU for JT, a long athletic 4. I do not know how far we can go but a healthy KW gives us 3 really good offensive players. Our rotation guys like SO and excuse me GW are upgrading themselves. It is early still but if we stay healthy we can compete against anybody. On paper the Nets have a trio of great scorers but they are not a complete team top to bottom.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 am

kdp59 wrote:Saw a piece that speculated about Oladipo being a prime candidate now for the TPE Boston has.

Maybe some type of Nesmith for someone we never heard of Houston has draft rights to and  Oladipo's expiring deal for the TPE?

In my opinion I don’t think Houston will be keeping Oladipo past the trade deadline.
I think they will flip him for young assets and/or draft picks.
If Kemba comes back looking healthy, I wouldn’t go after Oladipo.
Unfortunately with a mini play in tournament this year for teams seeded 7-10 in each conference, teams will probably be reluctant to trade away players before the trade deadline if they are near the top 10 in the conference.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:43 am

So they got a zillion draft picks and want more?

Seems like Wall and Olidipo would make a very good backcourt. Maybe his pending FA is a motivating factor if they do flip him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 am

3 question marks for the Nets.

1.  Is Steve Nash up to the task of coaching an NBA team with 3 Alphas

2.  Can 3 high usage players Coexist?  Will they be able to suppress their egos for the greater good like at crunch time when. All of them are used to having the ball and going one on one?

3.  Can they defend at a high level after trading away 3 key guys that played defense, rebounding, shot blocking, perimeter defense, etc.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:57 am

tjmakz wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Saw a piece that speculated about Oladipo being a prime candidate now for the TPE Boston has.

Maybe some type of Nesmith for someone we never heard of Houston has draft rights to and  Oladipo's expiring deal for the TPE?

In my opinion I don’t think Houston will be keeping Oladipo past the trade deadline.
I think they will flip him for young assets and/or draft picks.
If Kemba comes back looking healthy, I wouldn’t go after Oladipo.
Unfortunately with a mini play in tournament this year for teams seeded 7-10 in each conference, teams will probably be reluctant to trade away players before the trade deadline if they are near the top 10 in the conference.

that timing may play out for sure and at the trade deadline getting Nesmith for Oladipo's expiring deal may be enough.

one things for sure heading into the second half of the season with a rotation of

Tatum
Brown
Smart
Walker
Oladipo
Thompson
Theis
Grant
TimeLord
and Teague or P squared

is a damn strong rotation to me.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 am

Hopefully Romeo contributes as well by then.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2