atcross
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
dbrown4
8 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Spurs Empty Pre-Game Spurs

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 pm

I was just raising a flag to see if anyone has any interest the day of each of our games starting a thread like this. Just to look forward to what to expect/anticipate, general observations, etc. Doesn't have to be complex just pre-game chatter or however we'd want to conduct it.

Tonight is significant for our starting line up for sure! First time starting five has started together this season, right?!! That's exciting news! We're still missing PP, though! Almost full strength!!

Anyway, all thoughts are welcome!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Spurs Empty Re: Pre-Game Spurs

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Good idea. I'm in
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 5 hours ago
Daniel Theis is shooting 76.1(!) percent from 2-point range this season. That leads the NBA.

Bob
MY NOTE:  An obligatory plug for the underappreciated Daniel Theis. He should do well against Jacob Poetl tonight.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:09 pm

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 1 hour ago
Marcus Smart says he's going to keep shooting, no matter what people say "I know I get shit a lot, but who cares"

John Karalis
about 1 hour ago
Marcus Smart says he has a pinched nerve in his shoulder that causes him some pain in games. You may notice his arm hanging from time to time.. he says he gets stingers that can last from 30 seconds to a few minutes but otherwise he says he's fine

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:09 pm

about 1 hour ago
Carsen Edwards says the first two nights were rough as he fought through COVID-19 and that he briefly lost his sense of smell and taste.

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Carsen Edwards says he did have COVID and had symptoms for a few days, losing his sense of taste and smell.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:25 pm

So we get our starting five for the first time. But who is that? Smart or Theis?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 5 hours ago
Daniel Theis is shooting 76.1(!) percent from 2-point range this season. That leads the NBA.

Bob
MY NOTE:  An obligatory plug for the underappreciated Daniel Theis.  He should do well against Jacob Poetl tonight.

+1 I've said it before and I know many here agree, but I'll say it again - Daniel Theis might be the biggest bargain in the NBA. What the man delivers for his salary is amazing. Celtics are lucky to have this dude.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

I like the idea if the thread is started earlier in the day so we get a good dose of discussions.

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:33 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. I will out this up early in the morning day of games going forward!! Looking forward to it. Excellent input by all!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:03 pm

One of the things that flashed into my head with this idea was my childhood living in Raleigh with NC State's mid 70's David Thompson teams.  

My dad would get tickets and surprise me the morning of the game and would tell me we are going to the game tonight.  Reynolds Coliseum was the equivalent of now Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium.  About 7,500 seats right on top of each other.  The crowd was electric.  It had the white light noise meter that would go all the way to the top when the crowd was going nuts!!

But it was the whole day build up for me about to pop out of my skin in anticipation of the evening ahead.  I didn't have to listen to the game on the radio that night.  I was going!! And I couldn't wait!!

For a 10-year old, I will never forget those times with my dad.  That's kind of what I want this thread to be.  And you guys nailed it without knowing my motivation.  Anticipation.  Anticipation is far better when you have a team that is playing at a whole different level.  

So don't be afraid to let your inner-child out.  This is basketball.  A game.  With a team that knows how to win and has the players and talent now to prove it!  

Thank you all!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Spurs and more importantly Pop are a tough out. Would love to see a continuation of what we have seen this week already to get us pumped for Saturday. Don't want to end 2nd half of the week 0-2. Don't want to call this game the "T" word because I don't think it is. It may be a wolf in sheep's clothing, though.

Hopefully Lakers will help us tonight and set them up with a false sense of security for the velvet hammer coming to them Saturday!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Good idea dbrown, rather get the info here than have to search....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:32 am

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 5 hours ago

Bob
MY NOTE:  An obligatory plug for the underappreciated Daniel Theis.  He should do well against Jacob Poetl tonight.

looks like he didn't.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 am

dbrown4 wrote:One of the things that flashed into my head with this idea was my childhood living in Raleigh with NC State's mid 70's David Thompson teams.  

My dad would get tickets and surprise me the morning of the game and would tell me we are going to the game tonight.  Reynolds Coliseum was the equivalent of now Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium.  About 7,500 seats right on top of each other.  The crowd was electric.  It had the white light noise meter that would go all the way to the top when the crowd was going nuts!!

But it was the whole day build up for me about to pop out of my skin in anticipation of the evening ahead.  I didn't have to listen to the game on the radio that night.  I was going!!  And I couldn't wait!!

For a 10-year old, I will never forget those times with my dad.  That's kind of what I want this thread to be.  And you guys nailed it without knowing my motivation.  Anticipation.  Anticipation is far better when you have a team that is playing at a whole different level.  

So don't be afraid to let your inner-child out.  This is basketball.  A game.  With a team that knows how to win and has the players and talent now to prove it!  

Thank you all!

db

yea..but you had so suffer though watching Tom Burleson as well....LOL.

from an old ACC/Maryland fan from the day..Wink
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down