Pre-Game Spurs

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Spurs Empty Pre-Game Spurs

Post by dbrown4 Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:42 am

OK. I think I have gotten the hebegebe's from the Brooklyn game out of my system and am now looking forward to Round 1 of Thanksgiving leftovers as I write.

If history serves me correctly, games against the Spurs have never been givens despite their glaring 4-13 start this season. All I can say is the Celtics need to come out swinging tonight. The season stops for no team. It just keeps rolling whether you are ready or not. This game looks ripe for the Spurs to wake up and get Pop off their backs.

There just has to be a cut-off switch with the dang 3-ball. Coach needs to set that from the beginning. I've said numerous times that if you are truly following the analytics, if you are shooting anything less than 33% as a team from 3-ville, you are mathematically shooting yourselves in the foot. To keep it going in spite of that is ludicrous and poor coaching and playing. If we miss the first "X" number of 3-point shots, the next 10 plays and shots will all be inside the free throw lane. Period. Anyone that violates that rule will be suspended for one game. That will end it. If after 20 3-point shots and our % is below "Y", no more 3-point shots until further notice no matter what the defense is giving you. Load up on And 1's.

You get the point. But seeing yet another game of continued, oblivious, horrific, embarrassing, 3-point shooting and no one slamming the door shut on that facet really has to go and is bordering on stupidity, insanity and the whole team along with the coaching staff is to blame.

RWIII coming back tonight? Or Richardson? Just curious.

Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Spurs Empty Re: Pre-Game Spurs

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am

Boston Celtics @celtics
yesterday
#NEBHInjuryReport for tomorrow vs. San Antonio: Jaylen Brown (return from injury management) - QUESTIONABLE Josh Richardson (illness, non-COVID) - DOUBTFUL Robert Williams (illness, non-COVID) - OUT

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:26 pm

We still cannot get our top 8 guys healthy.  I am not going to use that as an excuse but it does factor in to the lack of consistency.

db, the teams inability to knock down the 3 ball prevents us from competing on offense with a lot of teams out there.  We are ranked 12 in attempts but only 25th in 3P shooting percentage.  This team misses wide open 3's and too many really poor 3 's like the patented step back 3 that Tatum is strung out on like a junkie looking to get well.

We just do not shoot the ball well enough.  Throw in our convoluted offense and you have our team in a nutshell.  

As we head into game #20 it definitely is not too early to declare that we have a flawed team,  We shoot poorly as a team and cannot make up for that with a disciplined approach to our offense because we also lack discipline.

The big question is one for our front office.  Do we explore a trade or two?  Execute one or more moves using one or more of our traded player Exceptions?

Or do we just sit tight and hope for the best?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 3 hours ago
Celtics now list Jaylen Brown as available for tonight in San Antonio.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down