+4
cowens/oldschool
dboss
dbrown4
8 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Lakers Empty Pre-Game Lakers

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:26 am

I know I said I would do this the morning of the day of but since this is the Lakers, I thought I would start it today.  Back to regularly scheduled programming after this game!  I promise!  

With the "collapse" of the Lakers on this road trip, they now come into Boston 0-2 coupled with Boston already losing a game they shouldn't have in San Antonio.

What we will see from Boston Saturday falls under your guess is as good as mine.  Sometimes they really bounce back from a loss and other times it gets worse.  But the stakes are very high in this game Saturday.  We've sunk from 2nd and almost a tie for 1st down to 5th place with just one loss and everyone around us winning.  That's how tight things are at the top.  

With AD out for the Detroit game, I'm not even going to check injury list to see if he's playing tomorrow.  Book it.  He'll be there even if in a wheelchair.

At least we have all of our pieces back except for 2.  How much longer are we waiting for PP's return?  Shouldn't be much longer.  RL is an conundrum as far as I'm concerned.  Can't seem to get out of his own way but fits right in with the Celtics latest moniker of Injury Destination Capital of The NBA over the last few seasons.  

Now our "premiere" of our original starting 5 got off to a shaky start as we probably all should have expected with any line up change, upgrade, downgrade or lateral.  We're going to need to see it pull together quickly by Saturday if we want to pave over the previous game because no matter who shows up for the Lakers, they'll be more than ready and now VERY hungry.  Our original line up needs time to jell.  One crappy game won't do the trick.  COVID for the most part is in the rear view mirror, injuries have been marginalized.  We are about out of excuses.  Here comes the best in the league to our house.  Answer the following question:  Are we ready for Prime Time?!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Lakers Empty Re: Pre-Game Lakers

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Great!! Just saw on the other side of this game a 4-game road trip including LAC!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:42 pm

db

The Celtics vs Lakers is usually competitive.

I do not think the Celtics have established an everyday lineup yet.

The Lakers have been playing with a big lineup  (Gasol, Davis and James with C-Pope and Schroder in the backcourt)

I think we should play some zone against them.  We could also consider starting Semi at PF but mainly to match up with James.  Or perhaps brad goes with his two center lineup and brings Marcus off the bench.

I think the Lakers should be more concerned with matching up against us because they have to decide who checks Jaylen and who checks Jayson.  Those two have elevated their games to the point where they cannot be guarded one on one.  Help defense will be needed and that should open up opportunities for guys to catch and shoot.

You would think that all their size would translate into being a top 5 rebounding team.  But they are still better then us but not by that much.  Were 21st and they are #18.

They like to get out and run and they shoot the 3 ball well at a 38.8 clip.  

The Lakers have been one of the better defensive teams all year.  A Saturday night game against the defending World Champions should be more than enough motivation to bring forth the A game.

I see a big win for the Celtics in blow out fashions.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:38 pm

That's one of the things I love about you, dboss and everyone else on this site...They LOVE the Celtics!! And you tell it like it is. I'm going with you on this one! New line/ Celtics -42!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:17 am

The key to this game is Brad not f..king around with the line ups too much like he did last game. In big games you go with your core, you can experiment and get the developmental time for the kids in games against the downtrodden. Having said that, I really hope he gives RWill more playing time....who ever Lebron is defending, Jaylen or Jayson should continually attack Lebron and make him work on defense. Wish we had PP as role players hitting open looks will also be a key. 2 J’s aspire to be great players, this is their stage/proving ground. Last year we routed them in Boston, and the game in LA was an exciting affair going to the wire with Tatum having a breakout game. I see 30 each or more for 2 J’s in a big win.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:25 am

bBrown

True to your word, thanks for starting the tread.

I think this game will measure the overall makeup of this team from a personnel standpoint and give Danny an overall assessment of what he needs to fix this team.

Thompson has been playing poorly since entering the team, and I am not the only one saying it. All the Boston major media sites have noted this as well. A bad showing tonight may lead to him being packaged in a deal for a true BIG.

We have a week and a half before the trading deadline, and Danny needs to use the trade exemption cap space to land a good player, $28.5 million to be exact. Meaning the Celtics can absorb a player making up to that amount without sending a penny of salary out in the deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:06 pm

A true test tonight.

As has been said here already, this is the kind of game that checks your strengths and weaknesses.

It's good that we're close to full strength right now. We'll get a more accurate picture.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Things are close enough whereby a win kicks you up in the standing and a loss knocks you down.

I really do not like to hype up games beyond reason but make no doubt about it.  This is a huge matchup.  ABC will broadcast the event nationally and those still using rabbit ears or have just basic cable can tune in.  Saturdays have changed.  People are spending countless hour at home.  Even the casual fan probably understands the folk lore behind a Celtics vs Lakers game.

I do not know if any new revelation will reveal itself.  We have a team in search of a more perfect game.  Fans continue to lust over a pocket full of TPE's in hopes that Danny Boy will turn his pocket inside out.  Danny continues to play the long game and is indifferent to the moment before us at this very second.  But we want a winner now.  The 5 year plan looks more like a refi with added years in return for an equity spending shopping trip.  What exactly do we need to beat every team in the NBA?  If you believe that we have enough offensive weapons to match point for point, the focus must turn toward our defense and what piece or positional need will improve it.  If you think that the addition of another excellent offensive player will put us over the top who might that be?  Who goes, who stays?  We've have beaten this theme like a worn out rug that is showing signs of fraying around the edges.  We have reached a plateau where we have 2 elite level players so it seems reasonable that  a tweak here or there could make us invincible.  Do we move a healthy Kemba Walker to realize an improvement in our defense?  Do we move recently acquired Tristian Thompson for a better center?  Do we bundle together a collection of underdeveloped youngsters along with a pick or two to add a guy who will be a top 7 or 8 guy on this team?  Or do we stand pack with the hand that was dealt us and simply call?

One game as big as this one is will not likely to trigger some major move.  Whatever weaknesses exist must manifest themselves so that they are not mistaken for an injury or protocol.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:45 pm

You are welcome 112288! Thanks for the heads up on the trade deadline in a few days as well. That will become bigger and bigger as that day gets closer and what Danny is or isn't going to do.

The losing streak records going into the game tonight are LAL 0-2 and BOS 0-1. Lakers are going to be playing like it's Game 7 of the Finals. It's gut check time in Boston.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:57 pm

The trade deadline is set for March 25. That's 2 months away
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:You are welcome 112288!  Thanks for the heads up on the trade deadline in a few days as well.  That will become bigger and bigger as that day gets closer and what Danny is or isn't going to do.  

The losing streak records going into the game tonight are LAL 0-2 and BOS 0-1.  Lakers are going to be playing like it's Game 7 of the Finals.  It's gut check time in Boston.

db  

The trade deadline is not until 3/25.
2/6 is the date when free agents who signed this past offseason can be traded.
For the Celtics, Teague and Thompson can be traded as of 2/6.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Anyone care to guess on the our starting 5? (thank you for the trade deadline clarification. My bad!)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:56 pm

dboss wrote:db

The Celtics vs Lakers is usually competitive.

I do not think the Celtics have established an everyday lineup yet.

The Lakers have been playing with a big lineup  (Gasol, Davis and James with C-Pope and Schroder in the backcourt)

I think we should play some zone against them.  We could also consider starting Semi at PF but mainly to match up with James.  Or perhaps brad goes with his two center lineup and brings Marcus off the bench.

I think the Lakers should be more concerned with matching up against us because they have to decide who checks Jaylen and who checks Jayson.  Those two have elevated their games to the point where they cannot be guarded one on one.  Help defense will be needed and that should open up opportunities for guys to catch and shoot.

You would think that all their size would translate into being a top 5 rebounding team.  But they are still better then us but not by that much.  Were 21st and they are #18.

They like to get out and run and they shoot the 3 ball well at a 38.8 clip.  

The Lakers have been one of the better defensive teams all year.  A Saturday night game against the defending World Champions should be more than enough motivation to bring forth the A game.

I see a big win for the Celtics in blow out fashions.

The Lakers may have a bit more size than we do but they are not very big anymore. Dwights gone, McGee is gone and they were key to them winning the title. This team is a do over and I don’t think quite as good.
Either way, I wont be watching because I hate the Lakers worse than I hate the Klan.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 pm

dboss wrote:Things are close enough whereby a win kicks you up in the standing and a loss knocks you down.

I really do not like to hype up games beyond reason but make no doubt about it.  This is a huge matchup.  ABC will broadcast the event nationally and those still using rabbit ears or have just basic cable can tune in.  Saturdays have changed.  People are spending countless hour at home.  Even the casual fan probably understands the folk lore behind a Celtics vs Lakers game.

I do not know if any new revelation will reveal itself.  We have a team in search of a more perfect game.  Fans continue to lust over a pocket full of TPE's in hopes that Danny Boy will turn his pocket inside out.  Danny continues to play the long game and is indifferent to the moment before us at this very second.  But we want a winner now.  The 5 year plan looks more like a refi with added years in return for an equity spending shopping trip.  What exactly do we need to beat every team in the NBA?  If you believe that we have enough offensive weapons to match point for point, the focus must turn toward our defense and what piece or positional need will improve it.  If you think that the addition of another excellent offensive player will put us over the top who might that be?  Who goes, who stays?  We've have beaten this theme like a worn out rug that is showing signs of fraying around the edges.  We have reached a plateau where we have 2 elite level players so it seems reasonable that  a tweak here or there could make us invincible.  Do we move a healthy Kemba Walker to realize an improvement in our defense?  Do we move recently acquired Tristian Thompson for a better center?  Do we bundle together a collection of underdeveloped youngsters along with a pick or two to add a guy who will be a top 7 or 8 guy on this team?  Or do we stand pack with the hand that was dealt us and simply call?

One game as big as this one is will not likely to trigger some major move.  Whatever weaknesses exist must manifest themselves so that they are not mistaken for an injury or protocol.

Just curious. Does the CBA allow us to trade Thompson this soon after signing him as a free agent?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:11 pm

I see now that TJ says 2/6 and they both could be moved. Definitely need to start oiling up Teague’s skates Rat now!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:19 pm

112288 wrote:bBrown

True to your word, thanks for starting the tread.  

I think this game will measure the overall makeup of this team from a personnel standpoint and give Danny an overall assessment of what he needs to fix this team.  

Thompson has been playing poorly since entering the team, and I am not the only one saying it.  All the Boston major media sites have noted this as well.  A bad showing tonight may lead to him being packaged in a deal for a true BIG.

We have a week and a half before the trading deadline, and Danny needs to use the trade exemption cap space to land a good player, $28.5 million to be exact.  Meaning the Celtics can absorb a player making up to that amount without sending a penny of salary out in the deal.

Apart from me I am not sure anyone on the forum has clear up and said he thinks TT has been a bad signing so far - I guess I am not alone on this after all.

Unfortunately I am more sure than ever that Danny does not WANT to make a move and will roll with the players he currently has, potentially losing a year of JB - JT window. I know it's Danny Ainge so you can expect anything, but have anyone seen any indication from him that he is even thinking about changing the roster? Because I have listed in other threads, the reasons and indications I have seen from him that he in fact does NOT want to trade at this point.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:26 pm

NBA trade deadline 2021: Lists of every restricted, available player. We are less than a month away from Feb. 6, when the majority of free agents signed this past offseason become eligible to be traded, marking the unofficial countdown to the NBA trade deadline (set this year for March 25).Jan 14, 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 pm

I sure hope you are all right and we get the win tonight. Realistically I do not expect them to win, Lakers have been playing plain better than the Celtics so far this season and we are actually a sub-50 team after the virus hiatus.

I would like to see a close game without embarrassing 5 minute stretches without a FG, non-existent defense, going down by 20+ or breaking down at the end of the 4th. It is the Lakers kids, get your game faces on! If that is achieved I will be happy Smile

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down