bobheckler
Ktron
cowens/oldschool
kdp59
dboss
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celtics Drop a Close one to The Lakers - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Drop a Close one to The Lakers

Post by Vankisa Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm

BingBang! wrote:Much more likely Brad benching Jaylen made him great. Because Jaylen is great (almost) and Brad benched him. Your conjecture that Brad could have ruined him is supported by nothing but the near impossibility of proving a negative.

I do not want to sound argumentative, but I also really want to answer you...

I guess I will settle for this:
Jaylen Brown is the man and player he is today because of all that has happened to him in his life, both professional and personal, including since he has joined the Celtics. This is an actual generalization that can be stated with relatively good certainty.
Think about your conjecture - "Much more likely Brad benching Jaylen made him great. Because Jaylen is great (almost) and Brad benched him." - This is the very definition of a statement you ridiculed in your next sentence. It is often so with opinions, even more so with regards to sports fans on forums. Your supposition is in no way better argumented or supported by better data than the one from dboss regarding Brad's handling of Jaylen.

Disclaimer: Have to be put in that I have a similar opinion of Brad's handling of Jaylen Brown's development. Not ruin him, but potentially hamper his growth for too long to have the chance of true stardom.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Celtics Drop a Close one to The Lakers - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Drop a Close one to The Lakers

Post by BingBang! Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:07 pm

You’re Brad damage thing is illogocal. It would be like blaming the Globetrotters for JTs stupid behind the back pass to nobody with 2 minutes left instead of just saying JT made a stupid pass. Jaylen was passive on the last play-period (after he made a great save on the original pass). What do you think? in the most player-centric sport and league Brad is akin to the Manchurian candidate brainwasher who somehow limits certain players development but not that of others.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:10-10 is where many of us predicted we would be at the beginning of this season.

We looked really good at 8-3 without Kemba

We did, but against what competition exactly? And we had the same terrible defense in most of those games as well.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:16 pm

BingBang! wrote:You’re Brad damage thing is illogocal. It would be like blaming the Globetrotters for JTs stupid behind the back pass to nobody with 2 minutes left instead of just saying JT made a stupid pass. Jaylen was passive on the last play-period (after he made a great save on the original pass). What do you think? in the most player-centric sport and league Brad is akin to the Manchurian candidate brainwasher who somehow limits certain players development but not that of others.

I am not certain we are arguing about the same thing here, let me try to make sure by asking a couple of questions:

- Are you saying that the decision by Jaylen to pass the ball was a "bad play" (like a wrong pass, not spacing out, dribble into a triple team sort of thing) or you just wish he had gone the "I have got this" against 3 defenders and make or brake you would be fine with it?

- Are you actually asking me if Coaches affect who should get the ball, how often, in what situations and in which periods of the game? I do not think it is possible for you to believe that the players just go out on the floor and play, making all the decisions themselves. So I am a bit unclear on your sarcastic remark - Are you saying coaches CANNOT limit certain player developments but not others on a general principle?

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Other side of the ball comment was for IT, not Kemba as IT even years ago was a worse defender than Kemba. I wish we could give Kemba away for a bag of doughnuts....

I know what you meant and what I was saying is that Kemba is a bad defender as well.
Question, Do you think in that situation last night and the other night in San Antonio when Kemba lost the ball toward the end, that would’ve happened if I.T. Had been in that same situation?

I would hope not, besides bricking everything, his decisions have been terrible, like going for the save the ball then leading to Lebron hitting a 3, a vet shouldn’t make a dumb idiotic play like that!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:37 pm

Wow, a guy misses a bunch of time, comes back , plays a few shaky games and all of a sudden he's a bum and has to be traded. He won't be. As for TT,he's slow and clumsy,and seems to be feeling his way around out there.Somebody needs to tell the guards not to surprise him swith bounce passes at his feet . PP threw him three one game and he didn't catch any of them. Teague has been a major disappointment.I thought he'd be a slight upgrade on Wanny. Nope. Patience, friends. Every season is different and all will be revealed. We are going to be Guard poor for a while, so step right up , Carsen Edwards.Basketball
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:44 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:...We are going to be Guard poor for a while, so step right up , Carsen Edwards.Basketball  

Man, that would be a nice surprise Smile

Nesmith too!

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:The Celtics dropped a nail biter to The Lakers 96-95.  That however is not the bad news.

Marcus Smart got hurt last night in what they are calling a strained calf injury but it looked to me more like an achilles injury.  He will get an MRI so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  He is going to miss some games which really sucks.

I thought the Celtics played hard overall but once again they lost a close game because of their inability to close out games.  I thought they should have called a timeout to set up a play for someone that was actually making shots last night.

Brown and Tatum shot lights out while combining for 58 points while scorching the nets in making 25-37 from the field.  That's 67.6%.  The problem is that the rest of the team only scored 37 points.  Former allstar Kemba Walker missed 11 out of 12 shots and none bigger than a game winning attempt as the clock was winding down.  We did get solid contributions from Daniel Theis despite the blown follow up lay in and Robert Williams also played very well,  Theis finished with 14 points and 7 rebounds  and Robert scored 10 points and also had 7 rebounds plus 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks.  He went 5-5 from the field.  Semi was good on defense but he gave us nothing on offense. Nesmith had a donut and Teague only scored 4 points.  Marcus played 26 minutes before he left the game with 4 points and 7 assists.  Thompson had another unproductive outing scoring just a free throw.

I think it is time for a lineup change.  It is time for Timelord to move into the starting lineup at center.  I think we should stay with the 2 big lineup and keep Theis in there with Robert.  I am almost ashamed that I thought Tristen Thompson had something left in the tank.  He does not.  In the 12 games that he has played in January he is averaging 4 points.  Enough already.   Grant Williams did not play.  It has taken Brad a long time to realize that Grant is simply not that good to command regular rotation minutes.  I am sure we will see him back in there again but it does seems that his stock has dropped.  it looks like a game stop reality to me.  I'm selling short!  Teague has also been a disappointment.  Has anybody seen ktron's guy IT?  

All game long I kept thinking how much we could have used PP.  Imagine that.  A rookie.  Hopefully he will get back soon and hopefully Marcus will not be out an extended period of time.

So does Danny need to do something right now?  I do think so.  This may not be a popular move and it may hurt us now but it is time to correct the Kemba Walker mistake.    It will not be easy to find a buyer but it needs to get done.  Danny also should look to move TT for a better center.  This would be an early season makeover and it could set us up for a brighter future.  I think PP can start for this team right now.   As far as the center situation, RW is ready to start right now.  TT is a backup center and that is the role he needs to play unless and until Danny can trade him.

I am not throwing in the towel.  We have 2 dynamic elite level players on this team.

Dboss,
I.T. Amazingly is still out there and if Danny doesn’t see that we can use his talent at least for the short term (see, I did it too) then he needs to check into Mattapan (if they’re no longer open call Bellevue) ASAP. What is his problem? We are down 2 guards and have Little lame Lamont cleverly disguised as Jeff Teague as a backup who cannot help us. But I knew that.
TT is a disappointment. I have been wanting him on our team since 2018 but obviously he is not 2018 TT. He still rebounds well but he must be wearing Bernie Sanders’s mittens because he cannot hold onto the ball which is why he has trouble scoring as well. His floater works because the ball slips off his fingers anyway. So disappointing. I don’t know how much better Turner would have been but I’m sure he would be giving us more right about now.
I also have to agree with you about Kemba. I didn’t agree with you at first about your Rozier/Kemba theory but now I have to admit that you were right. (Wyc needs to seriously think of replacing Danny with you). 1-12 against the Lakers ain’t gonna cut it and screw the smile and helping your opponent up off the floor. Grow a pair Kemba. I hate to say it because I like the guy but I.T. With a half a hip played better then Kemba is playing right now.
Danny needs to make a move or two and make em soon. We have 2 of the 10 best players in the league who are closer to top 5 and one smart move (and it doesn’t have to be a splash-just smart if he is still capable) by Ainge and we’ll be in the finals. That’s how good these 2 All Stars are.
As I said yesterday, I don’t watch the Lakers and haven’t since LeBron pulled that criminal act with his agency snatching AD and manufacturing another ring. I swear I hate this team more than Magic’s and Kobe’s combined. I looked at our box score during the half and after the game and it was glaring. Those 2 just need a little more consistent help and we are in there.
Clear out the garbage Danny, get a few guys in here with a half a nut and a winning mentality and lets put up banner 18 NOW!!!

ktron

You are too funny!  Your humor is right on point.

IT can still play and will be with Team USA.  With everything that happened to him, we can never forget what an amazing player he was.  IT is not a charity piece.  But Danny did not really appreciate the sacrifices IT made for our team.   Instead he went with the nutcase KI.  I really did not know all of the drama surrounding him but due diligence is a requirement for performing your job as a GM. Danny is his own worst enemy.  After kririe flipped him off, his ego took over and he made another bad choice to sign Kemba to the huge contract.  My belief then and now is that Trow was a much less expensive option that just wanted a chance to be a starter.  Terry will never be a top of the line PG in terms of running an offense but in his second year with the hornets he continues to be very productive while averaging 18.6 PPG.  He averages 4 rebounds and is shooting 45.9% and killing it from deep at 43.5%  To criticize Danny Boy or Brad is to commit heresy on this forum but Danny blew it with the Kyrie trade and the Walker signing.  

One of the reason's why Walker's confidence is at a low point is because he knows that Danny already was shopping him.  And now he looks over his shoulder and some kid is poised to diminish his worth.  

The Gordon Hayward signing turned out to be a loss for the Celtics due to his injuries.  His time in Boston was a negative ROI.  

There have been a string of events and circumstances many of which reflect decision making by Danny.  Danny was able to extract a large TPE only because the Hornets were stupid.  He needs to bring back a guy who is at least as good and as economical as Miles Turner  (14.4 PPG, 6.8 rebounds and 4.1 blocks)  If he is not able to do that we should consider the complete failure of the GH engagement at every level.  I was not high on turner but man I had no idea that Thompson was this bad.

Brad Stevens still pisses me off because of his decision making in how he uses his team.  We should not forget that he could have ruined Jaylen Brown.  The Celtics are lucky that Jaylen did not demand a trade after the fiasco of benching him.  Brad pisses me off because he has not played RW more minutes despite his production which has been well documented.  Brad pisses me off when he leaves either Jayson or Jaylen on the bench too long.

The Celtics are a lucky team because they have the J's and Marcus.  

I haven’t been following Rozier as closely this year as i did last but his numbers this year are looking pretty damn good. That along with Hayward’s performance is making Jordan look like a genius right about now.
You are right, Rozier is not your prototype point guard but for what they are paying Walker and getting in return....welp!
I just got through watching a 90 minute podcast with Rajon Rondo and after hearing what he had to say about a number of players and how wrongly that some are perceived, I don’t see why Danny did not take a flyer on Boogie Cousins. As Bob H said, we need a big that forces the opposing defense to make adjustments and Boogie is having a comeback player type of year. Rondo also said that when he is healthy he is one of the best bigs he has ever played with.
Danny has made some good moves but here lately he has stumbled and should be held accountable. Right the ship or take a long walk off a short pier. I also think you are right about Brad. I still feel he is one of the better coaches but the last few years have shown that he is lacking in several areas. He needs a former NBA coach on the bench with him. Someone other than Turner. Someone with some cache’ who has coached in this league. If we look around at most of the successful teams and look at their benches, you’ll see a few former head coaches and assistants. We have Turner, one year removed from playing and the rest from the college ranks. No wonder we struggle. Who knows, this summer may be the summer that we end up seeing a real fireworks display with Wyc striking the match on Danny and his list of hires going up in smoke!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Ktron wrote:...I still feel  he is one of the better coaches but the last few years have shown that he is lacking in several areas. He needs a former NBA coach on the bench with him. Someone other than Turner. Someone with some cache’ who has coached in this league. If we look around at most of the successful teams and look at their benches, you’ll see a few former head coaches and assistants. We have Turner, one year removed from playing and the rest from the college ranks. No wonder we struggle. Who knows, this summer may be the summer that we end up seeing a real fireworks display with Wyc striking the match on Danny and his list of hires going up in smoke!  

+1

I think it is a great idea to get a veteran coach as Brad's assistant at this point in his career.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:08 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Wow, a guy misses a bunch of time, comes back , plays a few shaky games and all of a sudden he's a bum and has to be traded. He won't be. As for TT,he's slow and clumsy,and seems to be feeling his way around out there.Somebody needs to tell the guards not to surprise him swith bounce passes at his feet . PP threw him three one game and he didn't catch any of them. Teague has been a major disappointment.I thought he'd be a slight upgrade on Wanny. Nope. Patience, friends. Every season is different and all will be revealed. We are going to be Guard poor for a while, so step right up , Carsen Edwards.Basketball  

Gotta disagree sir. This is the NBA not the G league. Either you’re ready to play or you’re not. The Networks don’t pay millions for the rights to show players learning on the fly or feeling their way through. Nobody watching does.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:22 pm

The Hornets didn't help out with the TPE because they are stupid, but because Ainge did them a favor sending them Rozier , the guy that they wanted, in the Walker trade. Ainge has developed relationships around the league of the mutual back scratching variety. There are plenty of reasons to criticize him, but let's be fair about it
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:22 pm

The Hornets didn't help out with the TPE because they are stupid, but because Ainge did them a favor sending them Rozier , the guy that they wanted, in the Walker trade. Ainge has developed relationships around the league of the mutual back scratching variety. There are plenty of reasons to criticize him, but let's be fair about it
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:14 pm

I'm with BobH on this one. No need to press th panic button. Let's review.

We played by far the best team in the league, with all their full complement of players at full strength, kept the lead very close by NBA standards, had a few untimely TO's and lack of concentration plays, gave up the 4th quarter until about the last minute, erased a 7 point lead, forced a turnover from the last Laker possession shot the ball for the game winning shot with enough time left for a rebound if missed, got the OR, was pushed in the back for force what should have been a lay in for the win just before the clock expired. Couldn't throw it in the ocean from 3-ville or FT line either. Oh yeah, and lost MS for the 4th quarter as well.

Did I miss anything? I didn't think so. Let me repeat.
We hung with the best team in the league, could have played just a little bit better and had a chance to win it in the end with a lay up.

What's left? Let's start JeT. Just an experiment. He is the BUPG. Kemba is a 2. Not a 1. He's far better getting the ball fed to him in rhythm. JeT play seems to be affected by him coming off the bench. Let him start for a couple of weeks. If he doesn't come through, experiment over. Back to the bench.

Agreed on RWill starting. The numbers are too glaring. Brad's a little slow to change but he's going to have to give it a try. I guess that would put Theis on the bench in my scenario when he's really deserving of starting. Will have to think about that some more. Either that or get RWill off the bench very quickly in the 1st.

Kemba is in the same boat as GH was coming back from a much more horrific injury. But Kemba's recovery time is far shorter. Give him about two more weeks. His agility looks like he's got a brand new lease on life as an 18 year old. If he's not putting up 26+ consistently after that, I'll eat my shorts.

We're in good shape. Still have to develop that 4th quarter mentality. Lakers looked lost. And even TJ's going to have to admit they were fortunate to get out of there with a W.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:29 pm

Vankisa wrote:
BingBang! wrote:Much more likely Brad benching Jaylen made him great. Because Jaylen is great (almost) and Brad benched him. Your conjecture that Brad could have ruined him is supported by nothing but the near impossibility of proving a negative.

I do not want to sound argumentative, but I also really want to answer you...

I guess I will settle for this:
Jaylen Brown is the man and player he is today because of all that has happened to him in his life, both professional and personal, including since he has joined the Celtics. This is an actual generalization that can be stated with relatively good certainty.
Think about your conjecture - "Much more likely Brad benching Jaylen made him great. Because Jaylen is great (almost) and Brad benched him." - This is the very definition of a statement you ridiculed in your next sentence. It is often so with opinions, even more so with regards to sports fans on forums. Your supposition is in no way better argumented or supported by better data than the one from dboss regarding Brad's handling of Jaylen.

Disclaimer: Have to be put in that I have a similar opinion of Brad's handling of Jaylen Brown's development. Not ruin him, but potentially hamper his growth for too long to have the chance of true stardom.

My argument uses facts that can be linked together to form a reasonable thesis (Jaylen got great, Brad is his coach). The other argument used ideas in his someone's' mind (thankfully Jaylen didn't seek a trade because of his improper treatment by the coach). Reality versus an idea. Ideas can be proven true with evidence and perhaps refute reasonable fact patterns. However, the facts support the simple position I proposed far more than its refutation. For example, Jaylen signed a 4-year contract extension 1.5 years ago; right when the claimant seems to believe he was being held back by the coach. Complete contradiction of the "thankfully he didn't ask to be traded" idea.
By the way, I don't care that you and others think Brad isn't a good or really good coach, etc. I mean this is a chat board for opinions as you stated. I think Brad is pretty good, but clearly something seems to be missing. I just don't see much evidence that it's player development as much as other things such as mental toughness (which I guess one could say actually is player development). Polls suggest he's well regarded as an "Athletic" anonymous player poll ranked him fifth best coach in 2019 though he did drop off the poll last year (likely Kyrie badmouthing him --- see I can play the unsubstantiated conjecture card as well; why not it's a chance to bad mouth Kyrie). The good news is we are all Celtics fans and in my case had many important early (adolescent) life experience going to Celtics games and later on being a TV-based fan.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 pm

Jaylen made the correct last moment decision to pass out of a triple team. KW is paid to make that shot. The loss is on him, and Danny.

Yes, TRo would have been a much better signing for us than Kemba. Hndsight is 20-20. Let's hope KW becomes a decent player once agin. Even decent would help us\. Now he just stinks, but as bad as he is, Jeff Teague is even worse. Our rookie PP absolutely should start ahead of either of those other two non-defender poor shooters. Call me a softie, but I'd sign IT and dump Teague who has been abysmal.

Yes, start RW. 25 minutes is right for him.
Yes, pair him with Daniel who is playing well at the 4.

Yes, Brad almost ruined Jaylen, giving him so few minutes and too few touches for way too many years. Sure glad Danny was able to resign Jaylen and for so few dollars. Hope he gets the $1M All Star bonus. He sure deserves it.

Yes, Jaylen and Jayson are budding superstars. Sadly no one seems to remember Art Tatum, a true musical superstar on piano. An ALL TIME great jazz master.

Should we trade for a center? Yes three months ago when Gordon wanted to go to Indy and we had a chance at both Turner and McDermott. 20-20 hindsight again. Danny has made some huge mistakes, but they've been balanced out by drafting well - Smart, Jaylen, Jayson, RW, and now PP - the makings of a fine team long term. I have faith the Nesmith will become a solid player for us and hope that Romeo will too. So yeah, let's keep Danny despite some of his infuriating moves, which now give Brad some warranted excuses for not winning #18, Barely...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:14 pm

A 1 point loss to the defending champion, the team most favored to repeat.

Almost took it at the buzzer.

Did it with a PG still recovering from a knee injury who had zero pre-season team workouts, best player still getting his energy back from Covid, emerging young center who was out with severe Covid symptoms and the teams best defender going down with an injury during the game.

And some are calling for change?

Yes, the game showed a continuing need for a center, but other than that... Really?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:30 pm

I’m not, but I would like a much reduced role for Kemba, until he shows he can be efficient and handle a larger role, right now he can’t, unless you like watching dribbling aimlessly, just doesn’t quite have it, obviously. Going forward we need increased minutes/role for RWill. Agree Smart going down led to sluggish 4th quarter by us. On nights when the other players are stinking up the joint, I would have had 2 J’s put up even more shots. They both should have went for 35-40 plus....why not? If everyone else is stinking up the joint, go with the young studs even more.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:42 pm

Here’s the top centers IMHO

Embid Jokic Davis Gobert Towns Drummond

We are not going to get one of them, for everyone saying we need a new center or upgrade, who...??? And how do we get them, RWill with TT as a back up and Theis sharing time at the 4-5 can still work. Lebron won with TT at the 5 and Jordan-Pippen won with Luc Longley in another era. My eye test tells me RWill and Theis can work and work very well....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:49 pm

I consider Giannis and Porzingus as 4’s and we’re not getting either one of them either.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:14 am

Pritchard should be starting...LOL...sometimes you guys kill me!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:35 am

kdp59 wrote:Pritchard should be starting...LOL...sometimes you guys kill me!

PP is steady, knows how to play off 2 J’s, will let them lead. Kemba would be better off running offense with some 2nd team guys against other 2nd teamers, still a crucial role.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Bullshit!

If you listen to a relatively recent interview Jaylen talks about what happened.  He was in a bad place mentally.  Brad and Danny were totally disconnected to what was going on inside of Jaylen.  Jaylen did not share his feelings with them and maybe he did not trust them enough.  To me you did not have to ask.  You benched him.  The benching of Jaylen Brown did not make him great.  Jaylen is a gifted athlete that also happens to have a great work ethic and a great mind.  That is what has turned him into  a great player.  I think it is relevant not to alter the history of what actually transpired.  You have to examine Brown and Tatum taking us to game 7 of the ECF without the Great Kyrie Irving and Brad's favorite Gordon Hayward.  Jaylen's rise began in that playoffs and his reward was a diminished 25.9 MPG off the bench the following year.  Brad made that decision because Brad is at times an idiot of a coach.  The entire year was one where Brad had decisions to make and he blew most of them and lost control over the team.  

The other day a reporter was asking Jaylen about his role in having the ball and making plays.  basically about his usage.  His response was that he was getting more opportunities.   He never tied usage to his skills.  He said it was all about opportunities.  That tells me that in his mind he could have already been able to do the things that we see now.  Brad up until this season has in fact limited Jaylen Brown and he in some respects has been doing the same thing with Robert Williams.  So that is one reason why I stated that Brad pisses me off sometimes
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:44 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Pritchard should be starting...LOL...sometimes you guys kill me!

PP is steady, knows how to play off 2 J’s, will let them lead. Kemba would be better off running offense with some 2nd team guys against other 2nd teamers, still a crucial role.

Danny tried to trade Kemba before the season after having inked him to an over priced contract the year before.  Kemba's questionable knee impeded a trade.  PP is not yet an everyday starting PG but he can learn on the fly.  He could start for us right now and we would not miss Kemba Walker.   It would be a step back but we really do not look like a championship team this year.  Danny should do the trade now because Kemba's value is on the decline.  Swallow the Pill and if need be I will ship out a gallon of bug juice to wash it down.  It is never too early to talk about a trade when there is a player who is in decline.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:48 pm

dboss wrote:

Bullshit!

If you listen to a relatively recent interview Jaylen talks about what happened.  He was in a bad place mentally.  Brad and Danny were totally disconnected to what was going on inside of Jaylen.  Jaylen did not share his feelings with them and maybe he did not trust them enough.  To me you did not have to ask.  You benched him.  The benching of Jaylen Brown did not make him great.  Jaylen is a gifted athlete that also happens to have a great work ethic and a great mind.  That is what has turned him into  a great player.  I think it is relevant not to alter the history of what actually transpired.  You have to examine Brown and Tatum taking us to game 7 of the ECF without the Great Kyrie Irving and Brad's favorite Gordon Hayward.  Jaylen's rise began in that playoffs and his reward was a diminished 25.9 MPG off the bench the following year.  Brad made that decision because Brad is at times an idiot of a coach.  The entire year was one where Brad had decisions to make and he blew most of them and lost control over the team.  

The other day a reporter was asking Jaylen about his role in having the ball and making plays.  basically about his usage.  His response was that he was getting more opportunities.   He never tied usage to his skills.  He said it was all about opportunities.  That tells me that in his mind he could have already been able to do the things that we see now.  Brad up until this season has in fact limited Jaylen Brown and he in some respects has been doing the same thing with Robert Williams.  So that is one reason why I stated that Brad pisses me off sometimes

Exactemundo!!!! Others noted that year Jaylen was getting the shaft and Steven’s kept giving PT and shots to the snail Marcus Morris and GH that year. That was a wasted year for Jaylen, everytime on the floor you could see he was so much better than MM and within the offense he never had the freedom to create or produce, so many possessions just standing on the side. TT is so limited, he’s got to get RWill a lot more PT, come on Brad, even analytics back this up by far!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:52 pm

this

https://sports.yahoo.com/isaiah-thomas-rules-celtics-return-153824837.html

and please stop on the Pritchard is an NBA starter stuff.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next