Must be a slow sports news day...

5 posters

Go down

Must be a slow sports news day... Empty Must be a slow sports news day...

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:04 pm

Lebron must think the world really cares about what he has to say regarding his employment and conditions placed upon him by the League.

If you and I were to mouth off to our superiors in this fashion, it would be our last day at work.  Ahhh....collective bargaining.  

Clearly he needs to revisit the Golden Rule...He who has the gold...  

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30837547/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-zero-energy-zero-excitement-all-star-game

But as gyso learned this morning, if it has ANYTHING to do with LAL, front-page print it, true or not.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Must be a slow sports news day... Empty Re: Must be a slow sports news day...

Post by tjmakz Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:19 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Lebron must think the world really cares about what he has to say regarding his employment and conditions placed upon him by the League.

If you and I were to mouth off to our superiors in this fashion, it would be our last day at work.  Ahhh....collective bargaining.  

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30837547/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-zero-energy-zero-excitement-all-star-game

db

I agree with Lebron about the all-star game/weekend.
The league has had problems getting games played, so why have an all-star weekend in a month from now?
Let players rest or catch up on missed games.
Yes, Lebron does have a lot of power in the league. More than any other player.
That was evident by Patrick Beverly's comment this past summer about re-starting the league.

Patrick Beverley: ‘If [LeBron James] said he hooping. We all hooping.’

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/14/patrick-beverley-if-lebron-james-said-he-hooping-we-all-hooping/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:26 pm

LOL..everyone hates Lebron.....until he's on their team.

get over it guys and just enjoy greatness, while you are still able to see it.

BTW, he's correct that the NBA should not be playing an all star weekend this year.

Maybe they can have one AFTER the season is over instead.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Well, then the bet becomes after Lebron has said what he said, will there be an All Star Weekend? Taking bets now....

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:17 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Lebron must think the world really cares about what he has to say regarding his employment and conditions placed upon him by the League.

But as gyso learned this morning, if it has ANYTHING to do with LAL, front-page print it, true or not.  

db
Hate to say it but I agree with SOME of what he had to say from a pandemic standpoint. However, all that stuff about “my teammates” and the rest of ”the guys in the league” is a bunch of bull. Also, tuff doo doo King Jim about not getting the long break you were hoping for. I’m sure you’ll find some load management time to rest your weary lil bones between now and the time you’re knocked out of the playoffs this summer.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:16 am

ktron,

I'll take the league cancels the ASG, especially with Giannis, Harden and Kawhi chiming in. You in?

Let's see just how much power these guys have or think they have!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:24 pm

The games are coming at a much faster pace this year all due to pandemic and a lot of guys barely had an off season, I agree with him. The all star game has devolved into a meaningless game with no defense. It’s good for the players to make that plateau, but the game to purists like me is barely watchable now....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:14 pm

dbrown4 wrote:ktron,

I'll take the league cancels the ASG, especially with Giannis, Harden and Kawhi chiming in.  You in?

Let's see just how much power these guys have or think they have!!

db

I haven’t watched an NBA Allstar game in decades. The only thing I usually like and watch during that weekend is the 3 point contest but the rest is shenanigans to me. I hope they cancel it but it doesn’t look like they will. I also don’t want Lebron to have his way so I guess I’m being an A hole too. LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down