dbrown4
bobheckler
kdp59
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:18 pm

worcester wrote:To think Danny actually thought Kemba would make us a better team.

I think Kemba makes us a much better team.

His knee, however, seems to have other ideas.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:03 pm

I think the Celtics are a better team on OFFENSE when Kemba can knock down shots.  On the other all important defensive end of the floor, he remains a player that debilitates your defense.  

I am more biased than most fans because I did not think his signing was prudent.  I did not know about the bum knee but Danny must have evaluated that.

His jumper still looks good but I do notice that his release point is lower.   Kemba has been an a guy who could rise up above the defense on those jumpers.  He could zig, zag his way around the floor and pretty much get to anywhere that he wanted to be.  

As the trade deadline approaches Danny has to be on his knees every night just praying and hoping to get a string of quality games out of him.  Danny tried to move Kemba at the beginning of the season and as we know Danny will not admit his intentions.  Kemba has around $95 million guaranteed money remaining.  The Celtics, thanks to Danny,  are upside down on his contract.  That means we are stuck for 2.5 years or he would have to add a sweetener just to find a buyer.  His value could improve but only if he gets back to being a reliable shot maker.  On the other hand his below level of play could be just the tip of the iceberg.

Danny may not be able to bullshit his way out of this one.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:40 pm

dboss wrote:I think the Celtics are a better team on OFFENSE when Kemba can knock down shots.  On the other all important defensive end of the floor, he remains a player that debilitates your defense.  

I am more biased than most fans because I did not think his signing was prudent.  I did not know about the bum knee but Danny must have evaluated that.

His jumper still looks good but I do notice that his release point is lower.   Kemba has been an a guy who could rise up above the defense on those jumpers.  He could zig, zag his way around the floor and pretty much get to anywhere that he wanted to be.  

As the trade deadline approaches Danny has to be on his knees every night just praying and hoping to get a string of quality games out of him.  Danny tried to move Kemba at the beginning of the season and as we know Danny will not admit his intentions.  Kemba has around $95 million guaranteed money remaining.  The Celtics, thanks to Danny,  are upside down on his contract.  That means we are stuck for 2.5 years or he would have to add a sweetener just to find a buyer.  His value could improve but only if he gets back to being a reliable shot maker.  On the other hand his below level of play could be just the tip of the iceberg.

Danny may not be able to bullshit his way out of this one.

Danny may be at that decision point GMs must reach with their teams; has this roster reached it's highest level? Kemba is a key to that question as much as for his contract's cap hit as for his physical state.

GMs that are lucky get to ask that about competitive playoff rosters.

As we all recall, that was Danny's first choice when he was brought in to run the team. He thought the team that had just gone to the conference finals against the Nets had reached it's highest level and went about the task of making the changes needed to deliver a title. Those changes started with the decision to keep Pierce and deal A. Walker.

We may know if he's at the point of that major of a restructure or just a tweak once the dust has settled on this season.

Too soon to say right now.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2