What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics?

5 posters

Go down

What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics? Empty What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics?

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:38 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-makes-aaron-nesmith-important-191707494.html

What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics?

What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics? E8a810b679e8f18b0b052ee6959b39a9

Justin Quinn

Thu, February 18, 2021, 12:17 PM

Why is Boston Celtics rookie sharpshooter Aaron Nesmith so important for the team’s future?

In a word, his gravity. While he hasn’t quite found his shot at the next level, the Vanderbilt product’s reputation is allowing him to warp defenses much more than a rookie with his minimal playing time would normally have, and he has shown in his limited opportunities that he has the athleticism and motor to affect the game in other ways to warrant keeping him on the floor. He’s finally starting to get some playing time after languishing much of the first quarter of the season on the bench, and this video will help you see how he’s taking advantage of it.

He’s still got a ways to go in terms of confidence in his shot, but the form is there and the reps will only help him stick it more frequently.

Watch the video embedded above produced from our friends at The Playgrounder, and get up to speed on Nesmith’s potential — and present.

Bob
MY NOTE: The video provided actually does a very good job of showing little subtleties of AN's presence on the floor. Not the obvious stuff.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics? Empty Re: What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics?

Post by Berlin-T Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:20 am

What impresse me the most about him is his speed. I don't think I have ever seen a Celtic run up and down the court faster than Nesmith and that's saying a lot as I've been watching them for going on 55 years. Also he is incredibly athletic. He has proved that many times on the defensive end.
After all the bashing Danny has taken for his drafting and trades maybe we should give him a little credit for finding Nesmith and Pritchard in the same draft.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics? Empty Re: What makes Aaron Nesmith so important for the Celtics?

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 pm

Agreed Berlin, With a bit more polishing the Nesmith gem will really shine soon.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 pm

He does have speed and hustle and long arms, glad the scouting reports which questioned his athleticism were wrong or he’s done a great job working....once his shot starts falling look out

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:26 pm

Still not that impressive with his shooting, but ran the floor extremely well and grabbed some boards. There could be some hope for Nesmith. Obviously a potential plus for depth. Fingers crossed.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm

worcester wrote:Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

worcester,

I don't think we'll find out the truth until after he's gone in a trade or whatever, but I would love to know wtf really went on with this injury. This is a very, very long rehab for that alleged injury.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Romeo is a medical mystery.

Last edited by worcester on Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:59 pm

Way too long unless they implanted Steve Austin's bionic arm.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 pm

worcester wrote:Way too long unless they implanted Steve Austin's bionic arm.

https://atomlimbs.com/

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:24 pm

2 separate serious injuries, thumb and wrist on ones shooting hand has got to a recipe for disaster for a right handed basketball player. Players are always getting smacked, slapped on their shooting hand throughout their career, just part of the game. Life is never fair.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Somehow I think Romeo's right hand and wrist will come out stronger after all his rehab, and he will become a valuable part of our roster, either as a player or as trade bait.

Meanwhile I am glad we don't have John Collins on our team  Now Miles Turner instead of a large trade exemption, that is another story, and a source of serious regret.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down