Pre-Game Rockets

2 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Rockets Empty Pre-Game Rockets

Post by dbrown4 Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:19 am

I cannot help but not be able to repress/suppress the feeling I have after a Celtic loss where we played well enough to win for about 46 minutes and in this case against a team above us.  

Those feelings all come to the surface as is this the beginning of yet another losing streak or a one-off losing streak? (losing 5 out of 6, for example)  

Now, there is some comfort in the fact that this game is against Houston who happens to be on a 13-game losing streak.  But are the Celtics more than willing to help Houston end this horrendous run?  

I think we will be fine tonight.  But if we are chicken counting and looking ahead, the next game doesn't look much better against the best team in the league.  Somewhere along the way, to show we are going to make a run and get back in the conversation, we need to put some streaks together against those above us.  Otherwise, nothing is gained and this season for all intense and purposes is over if the only goal is to get to and win the Finals.  

Losing to Houston would be the icing on the cake, though.  I know any team can beat any other team on any given night.  But not tonight, please.  Don't even make it close!  If we lose to Houston, it will bring back up all the God-Awful memories of the first half of the season and imply absolutely no progress at all which implies regression.  A nice 2-game win streak starting tonight would be great.  Again, not asking for much.  Just like the 4-game streak we had coming into the break.

But somewhere, some time we have to start winning consistently.  The top 3 teams in the East are steamrolling everyone in their site.  We're not there.  But it's not the playoffs either.  Must approach things one game at a time.  Let's start this drive to the title tonight.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Rockets Empty Re: Pre-Game Rockets

Post by worcester Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:33 am

The proper word is intents, but intense actually is much more fitting and descriptive.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:48 pm

You are correct. I was in a hurry this morning!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down