Aaron Gordon asking Price revealed

+3
bobheckler
dboss
7 posters

Go down

Aaron Gordon asking Price revealed Empty Aaron Gordon asking Price revealed

Post by dboss Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 pm

The Orlando Magic are believed to be seeking a "young player or players, a draft pick" and matching salary in return for forward Aaron Gordon, the Denver Post's Mike Singer reported Friday.

Michael Scotto of Hoops Hype reported a similar Orlando asking price for Gordon: a first-round pick and a "good young player."

My Note

This does not seem like a lot for AG.  The part I do not quite understand is the matching salary requirement.   Boston can take back more than they send out.  If the Magic are ready to move AG because of their intentions not to resign him they would benefit a bit more by taking back a player or two plus the pick that is less expensive.

My preference would still be Harrison Barnes but getting Gordon works for me.  I will add however that he would be just one piece of the puzzle.  There is more work to be done on this roster
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Aaron Gordon asking Price revealed Empty Re: Aaron Gordon asking Price revealed

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:36 pm

dBoss

I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:49 pm

It depends upon which "younger player", of course.  I don't think they'd want any of the ones I'd offer but I'm flexible.  I agree with DBoss about the salary, our TPEs should be able to address that.  I suspect this asking price is a generic issue in which they don't want to take on more salary, that's what the TPE is for. We have that advantage other teams don't.

Romeo.  Javonte (still only 27, and cheap), Carsen, Tremont, Grant, Semi.  Those are the players I'm willing to put on the table (not all of them, of course! Just the total list). I'm hesitant about giving up Nesmith or Pritchard, maybe I'm just not that sold on Gordon.  He's a solid player, unimpressive from the frito line (62%), solid rebounder and shooting 41% from 3.  I should like him more but he's never impressed me when he plays us.

Still doesn't fix our problem of "who's going to serve him up the ball?".  Danny needs to get a floor general.

Bob

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 pm

A floor general like Rondo would be the first step, however you need to change the modern strategy in basketball from move the ball up, set up outside the arc and shoot the 3 ball to move the ball up court, get a rotational flow in your offense and move the ball to an open man or a man cutting to the basket.

Take Rondo, he was always a double figure assist player with the Celtics, now he is not.  This could be partially due to the new NBA of dribble set up at the arc and shoot verses passing to the open man game, or he does not have the right players to accomplish this.  Maybe a little of both.

He would have this if brought back to the Celtics with the two J's

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 pm

112288 wrote:A floor general like Rondo would be the first step, however you need to change the modern strategy in basketball from move the ball up, set up outside the arc and shoot the 3 ball to move the ball up court, get a rotational flow in your offense and move the ball to an open man or a man cutting to the basket.

Take Rondo, he was always a double figure assist player with the Celtics, now he is not.  This could be partially due to the new NBA of dribble set up at the arc and shoot verses passing to the open man game, or he does not have the right players to accomplish this.  Maybe a little of both.

He’s not a 30 minute a game player anymore

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:42 pm

He is 35 years old and can still go 30 minute a game player for us. He is still in good shape and is a no nonsense player who would shape these current Celtics up to be better ball players.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:43 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:A floor general like Rondo would be the first step, however you need to change the modern strategy in basketball from move the ball up, set up outside the arc and shoot the 3 ball to move the ball up court, get a rotational flow in your offense and move the ball to an open man or a man cutting to the basket.

He’s not a 30 minute a game player anymore

We don't need him to be.  He's averaging 15mpg in Atlanta.  I'll take 15mpg of Rondo.  I would definitely take 15mpg of Playoff Rondo.  Given the choice between him and Jeff Teague, who would you prefer?  Send Teague back to Atlanta, they love him there, and bring Rondo home.  I'd love to see either of the Js try to tell Rondo they need the ball in their hands instead of his.  I think it'd be an excellent education for PP too.  Imagine Pritchard, and even Waters, being able to pick Rondo's brain for a few months.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:16 pm

RR is a floor general. Yes I think his PG playmaking skills could make us better on offense if Brad gives him the ball

He has always been a guy who can identify who should get a shot attempt.

PP is not going to learn high end playmaking skills from either KW or MS.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:29 am

dboss wrote:RR is a floor general.  Yes I think his PG playmaking skills could make us better on offense if Brad gives him the ball

+1

But at this point would you come to Boston if you are RR?

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:35 am

The piece i read said Orlando was looking for a first round pick and a GOOD young player.

that leaves the Celtics OUT, as we have no GOOD young players (except Tatum and Brown and maybe Rob ).

IF Ainge could convince them to take Pritchard and next years first for Gordon...that would be a STEAL.

but many Celtic fans would cry bloody murder as they seem to think Pritchard will someday be more than a back up in the NBA (I don't think so myself).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:03 am

[quote="bobheckler"][quote="cowens/oldschool"]
112288 wrote:  I'd love to see either of the Js try to tell Rondo they need the ball in their hands instead of his.

Bob

+1

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Vankisa wrote:
dboss wrote:RR is a floor general.  Yes I think his PG playmaking skills could make us better on offense if Brad gives him the ball

+1

I heard that he is not all that happy in Atlanta. Rondo played 20 MPG last year with LAL. Young is going to play tons of minutes however that team has won 8 straight games. I mentioned at the beginning of the season that they were an up and comer.

I do not see Rondo wanting out at this point. His team is going in the right direction so why would he want to come back to Boston and compete with both Kemba and Smart for playing time. Plus PP would never get on the court in a 4 PG guard rotation.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm

dboss wrote:
Vankisa wrote:

+1

I heard that he is not all that happy in Atlanta.  Rondo played 20 MPG last year with LAL.  Young is going to play tons of minutes however that team has won 8 straight games.  I mentioned at the beginning of the season that they were an up and comer.

I do not see Rondo wanting out at this point.  His team is going in the right direction so why would he want to come back to Boston and compete with both Kemba and Smart for playing time.  Plus PP would never get on the court in a 4 PG guard rotation.

Exactly, plus on Lakers he was on the floor with 4 shooters alot, if he’s on the floor with RWill and Smart, how crowded would that paint be?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down