Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want

3 posters

Go down

Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want Empty Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm

Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want

It sounds like the C's and Magic have had plenty to discuss

NESN by Adam London

The Celtics reportedly have held discussions about Aaron Gordon with the Magic as the NBA’s trade deadline fast approaches.

Gordon might not be the only Orlando forward Boston has interest in, however.

The Athletic’s Shams Charania on Monday identified the Celtics as a potential suitor for Evan Fournier. Fournier, who has played seven of his nine NBA seasons to date in Orlando, is in the midst of the final year of his current contract.

The Magic should be listening to any and all offers for Gordon, Fournier and the majority of the other players on their roster. Orlando currently resides second-to-last in the Eastern Conference standings, and while the team’s current core led the Magic to the playoffs in each of the past two seasons, the roster clearly needs some major adjustments if it hopes to become a legitimate postseason threat.

But should the Celtics be aggressive in their pursuit of Fournier? Probably not. The 28-year-old is a fine talent who could prove Boston with some scoring, but it’s tough to imagine the addition of Fournier would yield significant team improvements for the C’s. An organization with more legitimate 2021 NBA Finals aspirations than Boston would make more sense, and Orlando probably would receive a better trade return from a team more motivated to bolster its roster ahead of the home stretch.

If Fournier’s market proves to be relatively weak and the Magic are willing to eat up a good chunk of his salary, then the Celtics should ramp up their efforts to land the 6-foot-7 forward. If not, trading for Fournier likely would be nothing more than tacking on a high-priced rental player only to experience an early playoff exit.

Back to top Go down

Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want Empty Re: Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am

I actually prefer Ross if Ainge is trying to get Gordon.

Would have to move Smart and Theis along with next years first i would think.

if that happens Gordon for Smart and Theis works cap wise for trades

Ross (13.5m) would come in under part of Haywards TPE.

Gordon has one more year on his deal and Ross has two more.

Still doesn't fix our ball handling problem however, but does give us a solid young NBA four and a solid shooting wing off the bench.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want Empty Re: Aaron Gordon Reportedly Might Not Be Only Magic Player Celtics Want

Post by Vankisa Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:42 pm

kdp59 wrote: I actually prefer Ross if  Ainge is trying to get Gordon.

Would have to move Smart and Theis along with next years first i would think.

if that happens Gordon for Smart and Theis works cap wise for trades

Ross  (13.5m) would come in under part of Haywards TPE.

Gordon has one more year on his deal and Ross has two more.

Still doesn't fix our ball handling problem however, but does give us a solid young NBA four and a solid shooting wing off the  bench.

Can Ross defend though? I always remember him killing it on the offense when he plays the Celtics, but I balk a bit at the price tag for a good shooter Smile

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:05 pm

I like Ross instead of Fournier because he is under contract for two more years and Fournier is a free agent next season.

also Ross' salary keeps us just under the tax line this year, while Fournier puts us over it.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down