Pre-Game Grizz

Go down

Pre-Game Grizz Empty Pre-Game Grizz

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:10 am

Let's hope we play tonight like our opponents name implies...Grizzly!!

Too much has been written here and elsewhere.  We're still on the same crazy roller coaster we've been on for 2/3 of the season.  The only thing that has changed is a team meeting led by the only person on the whole team that really has the perfect right to...Marcus Smart.  No one commands the respect that he does.  It's like when you are at work.  If things are messed up and your in management, it's impossible to get mad at the busiest person in the room.  Yeah, we poke at him from time to time like he jacks up too many three and well, that 's about it, but no one else even comes close this year.  Dang, I want to hug that guy!!  We all do, should and need to.    

I think Boston, and ourselves for that matter, need to stop taking a look at who's ahead on the schedule or how many games are left or the playoffs.  This is what MS did.  He asked the Stephen Covey question or thought process question from is book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.  "What do we want to see when we look back on this season?"  Covey calls this Beginning with the End in Mind.  

Now, we have to be very careful here because we know what we want as Boston Celtic fans...a championship...every year and 16-0 in the playoffs with 10+ margin if you can squeeze that in!  But as has been mentioned numerous times on this site, we don't know the whole of the story or what goes on in the locker room or personal issues or really anything for that matter.  

This goal may not even be possible for this team as it is currently constructed.  We just don't know what they came up with as "their end" in their minds looking back on this season.  And this may shock some or all of us on this site...it might not be winning a championship this year.  

We as fans just want to be entertained.  And if this season Celtic management and team had picked Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure Roller Coaster Ride at Universal Island of Adventure Theme Park to describe this year's team and their play as their model, I'm going to have to give them a 100!! (OK, I had to google that one!)  I'll even throw in 10 points of extra credit!  It has been entertaining.  None of us can complain.  Confounding was a word I thought I could bury but it's still here.  We've used lots of words to describe the Celtics this season.  I've been so entertained I at times want League Pass to give my money back they've done such an excellent job! (OK, hit sarcasm emoji!)

The good news is, the end is in sight.  The question is, what end did Marcus and the boys come up with as their end in mind?  because from now on, we will be able to see it revealed right before our very eyes!  Now that's some clarity, folks!!  We will see tonight!

Go Celtics!!

db

P.S. Small subtly if you'll notice under the Post-Game ORL thread. We had 23+ posts very quickly, almost out of nowhere. We all were and are looking for some signs of life from this team before we were about to chunk the dirt on their graves for 2021.

I'm also going to predict with great accuracy that Danny will do nothing not for the sake that he's an idiot and can't see passed his job security, but because Marcus may have done what really needed to be done. Let these guys figure it out. There is no question there is gobs of talent on the floor. Danny doesn't need to do anything at this point. Just ask ORL. They are saying just like everyone else on this site and everywhere else...If this team can figure it out before the 2021 playoffs, they'll be the at worst the modern day Golden State Warriors of the 2010's and at best the 1960's Celtics. I'll take either in this day and age. Let them play it out...and hold on!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down