Pre-Game Thunder

5 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Thunder Empty Pre-Game Thunder

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:44 am

It's funny but I look at the standings in the East even though we are 8/9 games back.  That's not a lot.  But in our case, it is like looking across the Grand Canyon.  

Looks like Theis had a great game against the Heat last night and gave us an olive branch by beating them, thus putting the Heat and the Knicks who also lost within one game of the loss column for the coveted 4th and 5th seed in the East.  Let's see how we respond to that act of gratitude tonight.  He did an interview after the game.  That's the first time I've heard him speak.  Yep, he's German!  Nice guy.  The grass is always greener after being traded from Boston.  

Any RWIII alerts or is he still out?  Just checking.  Tonight is also the FIGABABA.  After tomorrow, this should even us up for total games played with our classmates racing for 4th so we're not splitting hairs on the GB stat in the standings.  Not getting my hopes up.  Been burned way too many times this season to count.  But let's see what happens.

Currently, if season ended today, we'd draw the Bucks.  Now THAT would be hilarious if we knocked them out in the 1st round, wouldn't it?!!  It's either a 1st or 2nd round exit for them anyway.  Might as well be us as the spoilers.  Looks like they will hold on to 3rd and spoil my earlier prediction.  They are a lighter version of us.  Not as many mood swings but they act like us and will have a exit just like ours only delayed by a round.  

Go Celtics!!

db

Last edited by dbrown4 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Thunder Empty Re: Pre-Game Thunder

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:00 am

Actually fully healthy we match up very well with Bucks, they will have trouble dealing with our wings, especially if Frenchy can also get going. The key player is going to be Robert Williams, if he can’t get his sh.t together come playoff time and be best version of himself....we are screwed as Danny sucks at acquiring good bigs and this kid is damaged goods.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:03 am

We have to play OKC tonight before we get the Hornets again.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:07 am

The big I wanted us to draft Isaiah Stewart is turning into a double digit rebounder, avg 9.3 boards a game this month with a high of 21 a few weeks ago.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 pm

I just saw that, bobh. Don't know what I was looking at. You are correct and I have corrected!! Nice catch. OKC is it and we have BOS-11.5. Now that's a route!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:54 pm

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 24 minutes ago
Robert Williams is out tonight. Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker were ruled out yesterday. Williams was downgraded with left knee soreness

Bob
MY NOTE:  This RWill this is getting a bit concerning.  It's not "rest", he doesn't need to "rest" this much, it's a real swelling of his knee.  I'm sure he'll pull it together for the playoffs but long-term?  Is The Time Lord our long-term center if he struggles to stay on the court?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 24 minutes ago
Robert Williams is out tonight. Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker were ruled out yesterday. Williams was downgraded with left knee soreness

Bob
MY NOTE:  This RWill this is getting a bit concerning.  It's not "rest", he doesn't need to "rest" this much, it's a real swelling of his knee.  I'm sure he'll pull it together for the playoffs but long-term?  Is The Time Lord our long-term center if he struggles to stay on the court?

I know, and at first they said it was minor, he’d be back real soon....bunch of f..kin liars!!!

Dave Cowens never missed a playoff game his whole career, this kid was already limited in his minutes to make sure this doesn’t happen, so how the f..k does it happen...??? Danny should be fired for assembling the worst medical/training staff that can’t make the right calls and can’t keep our assets, the players healthy. We wasted 3 years nurturing this kid and should have been going after a Jared Allen type big while one was out there!! This is d..n concerning, we wasted some of the best young years of 2 J’s now without a legit 5. Anyone have confidence RWill is ready for the physical grind of the playoffs?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:35 pm

A young up and coming rebounding/defensive force like Isaiah Stewart sure would have been comforting in green right now. Idiots get so enamored with 3 point shooting, they forget you still need bigs or you’ll never get the ball. We are like those football teams with great skill players and no OL and in a few years the quarterback’s career is over because he gets destroyed over and over without hogmollies. Get used to seeing GWill getting minutes at the 5 with just TT and Luke.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:01 pm

what is wrong with our training staff and our medical staff?

They cannot seem managed soft tissue injuries.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:21 pm

I was going to call this game the make or break one for the offseason for them. But they are going to be playing again with more than 50% of the starters off...

So not sure what to say... I am almost starting to root for a disgraceful exit in the play in games to stir up the pot and get SOMEONE either fired or traded... Almost, but not quite Laughing

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 pm

Vankisa,

It's coming....

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content