Pre-Game Nuggets & Thunder

2 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Nuggets & Thunder Empty Pre-Game Nuggets & Thunder

Post by dbrown4 Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:21 am

Decided to do this pre-game as a double header since they are B2B's.  With dboss halfway home to his bold 4-game West Coast Road Trip prediction of 4-0 and still on track for the elusive 10-game win streak, we are set for some real fireworks over the next 36 hours.  Then we come home to a Utah team whose point differential is about equal to ours on Wednesday.  

Line says Boston (-3) vs. DEN.  That may have the recent steamroller effect figured in from the handicappers.  Mind you GSW were (-3) for our game but we routed them.  So anybody's game.  We only won by 6 in Boston last time DEN was in town.  I'm going to call this game about even IMHBAO.  Should be a nail biter unless Ime has gassed up the steamroller, can come in there in Mile High and has intricate defensive schemes to blow DEN right out of their own gym.  I've been up above 14,000 feet and when asked what my name was, I couldn't answer.  Scary, dude. Even at 5,280 feet catching your breath is difficult if you don't live there.  I hope Ime took the team hiking around 10,000 feet in the Rockies yesterday to acclimate.  Trust me, it's a bitch if you ain't from there.            

Overall, this is a big 3-game stretch with Utah waiting in the wings for the 3rd game, and given dboss has 2-0 already figured in, we'll graciously ask for his take on Wednesday for the Trifecta and have a bet (4-0 West Coast) within Trifecta (@DEN, @OKC, Utah) within a parlay (Given 2-0, what happens over the next 3 games).  Something like that!  Maybe I reversed it!  You see my point!  

The B2B makes this 4-game West Coast set tricky for sure.  Scal called tomorrow's game vs. OKC a "built-in loss" when you look ahead on your schedule as a player.  What we call a trap game. But if dboss gets all of these right, we'll definitely have to just hand all our pinball crown(s) to him.  How do you think he does it?  I don't know.  What makes him so good?!  He ain't got no distractions...(Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone know Who those lyrics are from?! I'm getting too soft on your guys and gal!)

Hope PP gets some more run and stays accurate.  He's starting to get the eye of the tiger. (Dang it, there's another one!!) Another blowout would be nice!  I would like to request that, please!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Nuggets & Thunder Empty Re: Pre-Game Nuggets & Thunder

Post by dboss Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:25 pm

db

Ime is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

I remember back when Alex English and Dan Issel were playing for the Nuggets.  Teams would head up to the mile high city and they would lose their lung function by the 4th qtr.  That is one tough place to play.

Jokic is everything for the Nuggets.  He dropped a triple double in their loss to the Celtics.   He does a lot of great things but he ain't no rim protector.

Ime rested both Al Horford and Robert Williams in anticipation of today's match up and tomorrow's OKC game.

The Celtics are going to win tonight because they are a better team than Denver.  They do not have stoppers for the J's.  Boston's defense held Denver to 102 points
in the last game and I expect a similar effort.  Boston's defense is a meat grinder.

Derrick White played very well in the first game and he is due for a breakout game.

The lid is off of the basket for Peyton Pritchard.  

Tomorrow night we will beat OKC.  It is all about mental toughness.  Ime seems to have a real knack for instilling that characteristic into his team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Alright everyone.  No changing dboss' picks at this point! They're a LOCK!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:54 pm

db

Marcus and Rob are out tonight, our 1, 2 punch on defense. Other guys will need to step up. I expect some extended minutes for Theis, White and Pritchard.

The big concern moving forward is for Rob. Williams will not play Monday against the Thunder due to right knee tendinopathy.

I think we still win the game but that injury takes a little shine off of a 4-0 road trip.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:34 pm

Line is still BOS (-14.5) with Williams and Smart out. That's sayin something. OKC's looking for a high draft pick!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:01 pm

This is why the Theis and White trades were targeted.

White will likely move into the starting lineup slong with Grant and DT will spell AH.

PP gets extended minutes tonight and one or two deep roation guys will have an opportunity to play some.  Kornet may factor into our rotations
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Sounds like a busy night where everybody better step up!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down