Celtics vs Nets

3 posters

Go down

Celtics vs Nets Empty Celtics vs Nets

Post by dboss Thu May 20, 2021 11:13 am

I have not contemplated the Celtics winning the Nets series.  I am just wondering if we can avoid the 'Sweep'

We all should be thankful that at least Boston is back in the playoffs again, albeit as a cheap doormat to be step on.

That Nets team has unreal fire power but I hope the Celtics do not develop a game plan to just match them bucket for bucket.  There is no margin for error.  If Boston takes bad shots they are dead.  If Boston does not get back on defense on missed shots and turnovers they are dead.

Defensively we will need a couple of the young pups to play well.  Specifically I am talking about Nesmith and Langford.  Semi is going to play in this series because they will greatly need his defense.

Expect the Nets to double JT a lot so he will need to find the open man (good opportunity to cut to the basket for some guys)  EF will need to knock down shots as will other guys on the team.  Kemba has been trending in the right direction so I am praying that continues.  And I really hope that Marcus keeps his main focus on defending, gets most of his shots up in his midrange game and at the rim.

Kornet is going to get in the game, block a shot, miss a wide open corner 3 and head back to the bench.

The Celtics will be faced with a ton of bad mismatch situations.  I hope Brad mixes in a lot of zone defenses.

The obvious problem for Boston will be trying to defend Irving, Durant and Harden but the depth of the Nets in terms of pure offensive productions will come from Joe Harris 47.5% from deep, Jeff Green 41.2% and Shamet 38.7%.

A healthy JB and a healthy RW would at least give us a punchers' chance.  

My prediction, Nets over Celtics 4-1 as JT has an Allen Iverson (vs Lakers) level game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics vs Nets Empty Re: Celtics vs Nets

Post by sinus007 Thu May 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi,
Yes, 4-1 would be great. With such firepower I don't expect anything better.
JT has to be in the zone. Smart will work overtime covering Harden and Kyrie.
I hope that PP will show up unlike in the last game vs Washington.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 20, 2021 1:13 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Yes, 4-1 would be great. With such firepower I don't expect anything better.
JT has to be in the zone. Smart will work overtime covering Harden and Kyrie.
I hope that PP will show up unlike in the last game vs Washington.

AK

Yep

PP did struggle a bit but Brad seemed to have him on a short leash.

PP is still one of our better shooters off the bench (41.1% from deep) and AN started to find his range and finished at 37% from deep. Those rookies were way better than the damaged crop from the year before.

Romeo is not going to help us much on offense. I do hope that he can help on defense.

We just do not have a lot of options off the bench but I would go with the rookies and Semi and Kornet. I am going with Semi over Grant.

I would put JT on Durant, Marcus on Harden and Kemba on Kyrie. Fournier just needs to stay with Joe Harris and not sag on defense.

Boston needs to keep the ball moving on offense. Make the Nets work. I am going to assume that the RW turf toe will keep him out of the game so the center situation falls on TT mainly. Winning 50/50 balls is of vital importance and that is the strength of our energy guys, Nesmith and Langford. PP also plays to compete for loose balls.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 20, 2021 10:33 pm

I'd like to watch PP guarding and being guarded by Kyrie. That could be an interesting match up. Might bring out the best in the Oregon pup.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down