cowens/oldschool
dbrown4
gyso
Matty
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Celtics vs Nets

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_lcap6%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_lcap13%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_lcap38%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_lcap38%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_lcap5%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Empty ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum

Post by Matty Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:03 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33720582/nba-playoffs-experts-picks-play-tournament-first-round

just for the record i thought i'd post the "experts" take on this series.

Jerry Bembry: Nets in 6  
Nick Friedell: Nets in 7

Richard Jefferson: Nets in 7

Andrew Lopez: Nets in 7

Dave McMenamin: Nets in 7

Omar Raja: Nets in 7

Jorge Sedano: Nets in 7

Marc J. Spears: Nets in 7

Ohm Youngmisuk: Nets in 6

9 for Brooklyn   lol!

André Snellings: Celtics in 7
Ramona Shelburne: Celtics in 7

Kevin Pelton: Celtics in 7

Bobby Marks: Celtics in 7 

Tim Legler: Celtics in 7

Israel Gutierrez: Celtics in 7

Kirk Goldsberry: Celtics in 7

7 for the Celtics 

Not mentioned in the article is Stevie A  Smith who is taking Boston over the Nets. I was surprised when i saw that.

So I was wondering what the boards predictions about the outcome of the series?  I'm going with Boston in 5 games myself.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Empty Re: ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum

Post by gyso Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:25 pm

I chose Celtics win in 6 Games

The Celtics will lose one home game and one on the road.

If RobW comes off the injury list for game one, we only lose one game and win in 5.

Back to top Go down

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum Empty Re: ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Yeah, if Stephen A., dboss and Legs are all for Boston, it's a wrap!  Looks like Stephen A. woke up and smelled the coffee.  He can walk the fine line between KD and Kryrie being the two top players on the planet but have Boston winning.  This isn't the regular season where you drive for show and rack up points.  Points will be hard to come by once you get passed the 1st round as the defense factor takes over good offense.    

It's hard to put a number on it because of the RWIII speculation/reporting by ESPN.  I pointed out in another thread this is a game of chicken between Nash and Udoka.  There's been so much news (insert vomit) about BS and when/if he's going to return and "save" BKN from the AW that's coming that any news about RWIII is buried as it was today on First Take.

This is also a potential coming out party on a national stage for the two J's.  It is what it is.  They've had plenty of time together to get it right. They've got it right.  Those two come up short in this series whether it's their fault or not, the talk about the two unable to coexist/play together and one should be traded will be back on and blaring.  And to be honest, it will be so disruptive that it will get pushed through this time whether it makes sense or not.

It's also about making a statement to the rest of the East and any West winner that emerges in the next 5-7 years.  We take out BKN, how are you going to feel if you are MIL, since you folded?  PHI is going to be blown back to the Stone Age after folding up shop against TOR.  We have MIA's number.  BKN is just badly managed as they have always been over the years.  They will take care of themselves via implosion and no Phil Jackson on the horizon.  You see what I'm seeing?  DYNASTY's coming.  But it has to start right here, right now, 1st Round 2022.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 pm

Steven A picked Nets in 7 last I saw.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:44 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Steven A picked Nets in 7 last I saw.

You might be right Cow, What I read i realize i i misunderstood. I thought he was giving the edge to Boston.  
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:15 am

OK. That makes more sense with SAS. I just don't see with the Kryrie/Lucky history that BKN wins G7 on our court. Ever. Never gonna happen.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:38 am

I have just one thing to ask.....why the hell is Jason Tatum going to be afraid of Ben Simmons?
This guy has not played a minute since Doc Rivers ripped him apart last playoffs. All we read about was how out of shape he was, how he was not even playing pickup games, had a herniated disc in his back, yada yada yada. Now all of a sudden is is the second coming of Christ??????????????????
Sorry, he will not be able to stay with Jason, JT will eat him alive. Tired of all these wannabees basketball genius's falling all over the Nets. Sure Durant is an awesome player, Kyrie....when he feels like it can be good.....the rest blah blah blah

We will see, maybe I will eat my words but I say Celtics in 6
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:16 am

Remember when we regularly used to beat the Warriors in the 1960's when they were loaded?

Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date Exp College
13 Wilt Chamberlain C 7-1 275 August 21, 1936 us 7 Kansas
21 Larry Costello PG 6-1 186 July 2, 1931 us 10 Niagara University
32 Billy Cunningham SF 6-6 210 June 3, 1943 us 1 UNC
20 Dave Gambee SF 6-6 215 April 16, 1937 us 8 Oregon State
15 Hal Greer SG 6-2 175 June 26, 1936 us 8 Marshall
14 Matt Guokas SG 6-5 175 February 25, 1944 us R Saint Joseph's
54 Luke Jackson PF 6-9 240 October 31, 1941 us 2 University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
24 Wali Jones PG 6-2 180 February 14, 1942 us 2 Villanova
28 Bill Melchionni PG 6-1 165 October 19, 1944 us R Villanova
25 Chet Walker SF 6-6 212 February 22, 1940 us 4 Bradley
12 Bob Weiss PG 6-2 180 May 7, 1942 us 1 Penn State

I think history is about to repeat itself with the underrated Celtics smashing an overrated team.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:27 am

I saw a clip of him after the Cavs game in which he picked the Cs. I'll try to find it but I'm fairly certain he switched to the Cs, as did both Barkley and Kenny. Shaq was sticking with the Nets.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:39 am

atcross wrote:

I saw a clip of him after the Cavs game in which he picked the Cs. I'll try to find it but I'm fairly certain he switched to the Cs, as did both Barkley and Kenny. Shaq was sticking with the Nets.

Well I see where yesterday he was now saying Nets in seven. Apparently he thinks Simmons makes the difference. I'm inclined to think the opposite could happen since they've never played a game together. We'll see.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:01 pm

I expect a progressive series characterized by the Celtics tightening the screws until they choke the life out of the Nets.  

The experts that took the Nets did so because of KD and KI.  I say the Jays are better all around players as both are quality defenders.

The real difference maker is Marcus Smart.  They have no one close to his abilities.

Anyone who bets against the Celtics has yet to understand how good they are on both sides of the court.  Defense wins championships..you can bet on that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:04 pm

100% agree dboss. Defense wins championships.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:06 pm

Hi,
I guess there's quite a difference between experts and bettors: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-betting-analytics-projections-love-boston-celtics-to-take-the-nba-championship-142332938.html
Interesting...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Celtics in 7.

I make that pick on the assumption RWIII returns by game 3 at the latest. Nets in 6 if no RWIII.

I think the biggest issue is the always annoying duo of Irving and Durant are among the top scoring combos in the NBA. They will have an edge without RWIII ruling the paint. If Simmons can play, and no RWIII, big problem. Critics like to slam Simmons game, but if he gets inside, he can be lights out. No RWIII, and they have Simmons, Nets in 6. Brooklyn won’t offer much defense, but can fill it up. I look for some high scoring games.

Give me RWIII, not too slowed by the knee, and I think we go to the next round.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:46 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I guess there's quite a difference between experts and bettors: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-betting-analytics-projections-love-boston-celtics-to-take-the-nba-championship-142332938.html
Interesting...

AK
Right or wrong, "experts" still have a job. Bettors only get paid for being right.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:07 pm

If Rob gets back and can play at a high level, we can go to the big dance.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:19 pm

I’m too nervous to vote. Lawd hep me.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Ktron wrote:I’m too nervous to vote. Lawd hep me.
We will talk Sunday.  I'll get you fired up.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:25 pm

worcester wrote:Remember when we regularly used to beat the Warriors in the 1960's when they were loaded?

54 Luke Jackson PF 6-9 240 October 31, 1941 us 2 University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

I think history is about to repeat itself with the underrated Celtics smashing an overrated team.
Worcester (welcome back again! )Those are the 76ers but you are still spot on. We used to spank the Warriors on a regular too.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:28 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:I’m too nervous to vote. Lawd hep me.
We will talk Sunday.  I'll get you fired up.

You’re right. I dont need the Lawd. I just needs me some Dboss to calm me down. :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:29 pm

You are right, Ktron. The 1967 Philly team was the 76ers. And we did spank both the Warriors and the 76ers.

"Warriors owner Eddie Gottlieb had sold his club to a San Francisco group, which took the team west. The void was to be filled within a year. In the spring of 1963, Irv Kosloff and Ike Richman teamed to buy the Syracuse Nationals and moved the team to Philadelphia and rebrand it as the 76ers."

Our victory over the Nets will be even sweeter given the hype over Brooklyn and the fact that we played to win the 82nd game instead of dodging the Nets like Milwaukee did.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:46 pm

worcester wrote:You are right, Ktron. The 1967 Philly team was the 76ers. And we did spank both the Warriors and the 76ers.

"Warriors owner Eddie Gottlieb had sold his club to a San Francisco group, which took the team west. The void was to be filled within a year. In the spring of 1963, Irv Kosloff and Ike Richman teamed to buy the Syracuse Nationals and moved the team to Philadelphia and rebrand it as the 76ers."

Our victory over the Nets will be even sweeter given the hype over Brooklyn and the fact that we played to win the 82nd game instead of dodging the Nets like Milwaukee did.
I remember and I also remember laughing at the name 76ers. I thought WTH? LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:33 pm

worcester wrote:Remember when we regularly used to beat the Warriors in the 1960's when they were loaded?

Love seeing this, being a hoops junkie can appreciate the roster of a top contending team. To take it a step further, alot of pundits say Russell played with the best talent; but Phillys roster sure wasn’t chopped liver either, and one year Wilt even played with the great Nate Thurmond forming one of the first twin towers ever with 2 HoFers and Russell still overcame that.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm

NYCelt wrote:Celtics in 7.

I make that pick on the assumption RWIII returns by game 3 at the latest. Nets in 6 if no RWIII.

I think the biggest issue is the always annoying duo of Irving and Durant are among the top scoring combos in the NBA. They will have an edge without RWIII ruling the paint. If Simmons can play, and no RWIII, big problem. Critics like to slam Simmons game, but if he gets inside, he can be lights out. No RWIII, and they have Simmons, Nets in 6. Brooklyn won’t offer much defense, but can fill it up. I look for some high scoring games.

Give me RWIII, not too slowed by the knee, and I think we go to the next round.

Lights out really? The last time he was seen on the floor, he was afraid to shoot or even finish and his FT% in that playoff was a record low. Am I missing something here?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

worcester wrote:100% agree dboss. Defense wins championships.

+1 every championship team on this franchise has had a dominant defense, I am thrilled in this era we are no different.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next