Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report))

+6
Ktron
dboss
jrleftfoot
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report)) Empty Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report))

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:20 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/07/bradley-beal-would-welcome-celtics-trade-may-request-wizards-deal-him-to-new-team-before-nba-draft-report.html

Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (report)

Updated 12:15 PM; Today 12:15 PM

Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report)) NH456OJLXRGWHJ7GSKZYE26KFE
WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 14: Bradley Beal #3 of the Washington Wizards puts up a shot in the second half against the Boston Celtics at Capital One Arena on February 14, 2021 in Washington, DC. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)Getty Images

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

A busy NBA offseason may be getting off to an eventful start ahead of the NBA Draft. According to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report, All-Star Bradley Beal is considering a trade request from the Washington Wizards in the next week.

The Celtics are one of four teams that Beal would welcome a trade to, according to Fischer, with the Heat, 76ers and Warriors also on Beal’s radar.

The Wizards shooting guard was planning on playing in the Olympics on Team USA Basketball with close friend Jayson Tatum but had to pull out of the games after being placed in health and safety protocols.

Beal still has two years remaining on his contract with Washington but he could opt out as soon as the summer of 2022 since his final year is a player option. Beal wasn’t interested in addressing his future in Washington yet after another sub .500 season at the end of last season.

“I haven’t even ... we’re not gonna think about that, or even talk about it, right now,” Beal said back in June  about his commitment to Washington. “I haven’t thought about none of that, as of yet.”

“Ultimately, I’m in control,” Beal later added. “I think that’s my biggest thing. People are going to report whatever they want, but I know where my mind is and I know if it’s not coming from the horse’s mouth, then it’s going to be rumors. I expect them. S---, they’re starting now.

“So it doesn’t change anything. I guess it’s going to increase a lot more this year with me going into the last year of my deal, but for me, I’m just relaxing, resting my body and we’ll evaluate all that when summer comes.”

Analysis

There has been plenty of rumors swirling around Beal and the Celtics for months given his connection with Tatum. However, the timetable on a decision from Brad Stevens on that front would be sped up in a hurry if Beal elects to push his way out of Washington this offseason.

The Celtics have the best trade chip out of the potential Beal suitors in All-Star wing Jaylen Brown but Boston has shown no desire to move the 24-year-old after he inked a long-term extension in 2019. Brown remains under contract through the 2023-24 season on a below market deal.

Brad Stevens could attempt to pool the rest of his assets on the roster along with several first round picks and pick swaps in order to land Beal but it’s unlikely he would be able to outbid other suitors for Beal’s services. The Warriors have a pair of lottery picks to offer up Washington, while the 76ers would obviously put Ben Simmons on the table (though it’s unclear how the Wizards perceive his value). The Heat have limited draft capital remaining but has some promising young talent to offer up.

The NBA Draft is on Thursday July 29th and the Celtics already traded their first-round pick (No. 16 overall) to help move Kemba Walker’s contract. Boston currently has just one pick on draft night (No. 45 overall) but it could be a big night for the franchise’s future if Beal ends up being on the move.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report)) Empty Re: Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report))

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:40 pm

How far the Wizards have fallen. They had one of the best backcourts, if not the best, in the East, and maybe even the league. Those injuries to Wall threw a wrench into everything. Beal has been the good soldier for a couple of years now, but watching everyone else get what they want, I guess he is possibly saying "why not me too".

One (among the many) issues I have with any trade is that it would, of course, include Jaylen. I am of the firm belief that there is a strong chance that Jaylen is better than Beal in the long run. I know one thing, his defense is better. I am so against this trade I just cannot say enough.

If this is done, is it done to make Tatum happier? If so, who is really running the asylum now??
I know there are many that might want this one done, not me.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report)) Empty Re: Bradley Beal would welcome Celtics trade, may request Wizards deal him to new team before NBA Draft (Report))

Post by gyso Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:29 pm

If Beal really wants to play with Tatum and wants it badly enough, he can wait until he can opt out and then sign here for the taxpayer's MLE.  There's plenty of time left in Tatum's contract to do this.  You know that'll never happen; money talks, BS walks.

There is no need to strip away one of our best players in the process.

Once again, an article based on Bleacher Report.  Even Beal says,

People are going to report whatever they want, but I know where my mind is and I know if it’s not coming from the horse’s mouth, then it’s going to be rumors. I expect them. S---, they’re starting now.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:How far the Wizards have fallen. They had one of the best backcourts, if not the best, in the East, and maybe even the league.  Those injuries to Wall threw a wrench into everything. Beal has been the good soldier for a couple of years now, but watching everyone else get what they want, I guess he is possibly saying "why not me too".  

One (among the many) issues I have with any trade is that it would, of course, include Jaylen. I am of the firm belief that there is a strong chance that Jaylen is better than Beal in the long run.  I know one thing, his defense is better. I am so against this trade I just cannot say enough.

If this is done, is it done to make Tatum happier?  If so, who is really running the asylum now??
I know there are many that might want this one done, not me.
+1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:47 pm

Consider the source.

The Celtics are not going to make a lateral move.  Particularly one that costs more $$$.

Down the road, I could see them adding a 3rd star.  I could also see them not adding a 3rd star player as they may realize substantial improvement from the current roster.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Chris Grenham
@chrisgrenham
·
13m
Zach Lowe just now on ESPN's Woj & Lowe special regarding Bradley Beal:

"Is Boston going to offer Jaylen Brown? I don't think so."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1419353349049225222

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Hopefully Beal sticks it out in DC for another year when the C’s have more flexibilty to get him without giving up Brown. However, if Beal wants out NOW. I’d do it. Sorry JB

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm

This kind of reporting is going to keep on and on. These guys are not even considered reporters, they are, to me, just bloggers. No different from any of us. They just have a place to get their foolish opinions printed.

Time to tune it out. Even so called reporters are throwing things out there, they want to be the one who said “it” first. Weiss is a big one for that
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/bradley-beal-trade-rumors-celtics-preferred-destination

Report: Beal has Celtics as a preferred trade destination

JUL 24, 2021

BY ALEX DIDION
WARRIORS

If Washington Wizards star Bradley Beal were to follow through on his reported consideration of a trade request, one of his preferred outcomes would be to be sent to the Boston Celtics, KRON's Jayson Dumas reported Saturday morning, citing league sources.

Dumas cites Beal's friendship with Celtics star Jayson Tatum as part of the reasoning for potentially wanting to go to Boston.

After consistently pushing back on rumors he would like to be traded, Beal now is "considering" requesting a trade before next week's NBA draft, Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer reported Saturday citing sources.

Beal is five years older than Tatum, but the two both grew up in the St. Louis area and long have been friends.

The duo was set to represent Team USA at the Tokyo Olympics alongside Warriors star Draymond Green, before Beal was ruled out after landing in COVID-19 protocols just before the team departed for Japan.

"I was upset," Tatum admitted Thursday morning in a press conference after Team USA arrived in Tokyo (h/t NBC Sports Boston). "This was going to be a great opportunity for both of us (playing with each other).

"Unfortunately not going to be able to happen, but looking forward to competing out here and winning a gold medal and making sure we have an extra one for him."

Beal would prefer landing in an "established winning environment," per Fischer's reporting. The 28-year-old doesn't have an established wishlist of destinations, but Fischer reported, citing league sources, that Beal would "welcome joining teams such as Boston, Golden State, Miami or Philadelphia."

RELATED: Report: Warriors not 'quite willing' to gut roster for Beal

The Warriors' stars have spoken to the front office about using the team's two lottery picks to acquire a proven starter, and have Beal atop their potential targets list if he requests a trade, The Athletic's Marcus Thompson reported last week.

A Boston offer for Beal likely would include Jaylen Brown and a handful of first-round draft picks. While the Warriors don't have a young player as valuable as Brown they're willing to offer, Golden State does potentially have more draft picks to dangle than the Celtics would.

All of this is quite preliminary, as no one has reported Beal officially making any kind of trade request to the Wizards.

There's no question that the Warriors, Celtics and many other NBA teams will be lining up to inquire about Beal's services with Washington's front office.

Whether he'd want to land with Tatum and the Celtics, or the Splash Brothers in the Bay Area, remains to be seen.

With five days until the 2021 NBA Draft gets underway, smokescreen season is in full effect around the league.

Bob
MY NOTE:  This is from NBC Sports - Bay Area, so this is from a GSW reporter's perspective.  He's right about any deal by the Celtics for Beal would likely have to include Jaylen.  That doesn't mean we should do it, I'm saying that's probably what the Wiz will demand.  He's also right when he says they don't have any young players as good as Jaylen Brown, and that includes still-only 26 year old #1 pick Andrew Wiggins and last year's 20 year old #1 pick James Wiseman.

Beal has one year left on his contract @ $34.5M.  He then has a Player Option year for $37M.  IF he really wants out of Washington then they are in a pickle because no GM will gut their team for a player who doesn't want to be there and can opt out next year and go elsewhere.  It's the same conundrum Danny faced with Anthony Davis.  Davis didn't want to come here and it was clear that at the end of the year he was going to leave.  Trading for him, therefore, made no sense for us.  If Beal doesn't want to be in GSW then gutting the team for him would be dumb (although, he might find he likes it out here.  I did).

IF there is a trade I think the team that has the best chance of getting him is Philly.  Simmons for Beal.  All Star for All Star.  Philly is done, I think, with the Simmons Experiment anyway.  I think Morey and Doc would be thrilled with this one. I'm hoping Beal keeps playing his hand the way he has, being a good soldier, and will hang in there for another year. Then he can opt out and come here and there'd be our 3rd Big 3 player. I'd love to make our 3rd Big 3 a center but if you can land Bradley Beal without giving up a key piece you have to go for it.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Bob,

Why do you think that Simmons, with that many years and that contract, works for the Wiz. Especially with Westbrook also on the roster. Will they be able to trade Westbrook and build around Simmons?

Simmons appears to have a very small trade value right now.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:23 pm

Yes Simmons has lower trade balue now, but despite his inability to score, he is a superb defender, a fine play maker, and a decent rebounder for a pg.

Re trading JB for BB, a bad idea for us. Bad.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:59 am

worcester wrote:Yes Simmons has lower trade balue now, but despite his inability to score, he is a superb defender, a fine play maker, and a decent rebounder for a pg.

Re trading JB for BB, a bad idea for us. Bad.

I agree that we should not be trading JB for BB. But if we can put together an alternative package then that will be a really good idea.

Simmons needs an open lane to the basket and shooters around him in order to thrive. He is not getting that with Embiid and he is not getting that with Westbrook. On top of that, there is his contract: 4 years/$156M. Is he worth that for a team that will have to dive into rebuild?

It will be interesting to see what trade Philly can pull off this year. Simmons for CJ McCollum?

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:00 am

This talk about swapping Beal for Brown is ridiculous.  What does a trade like that accomplish.   I'll answer that for you.............NOTHING!  

The trade would be redundant, it does not improve the Celtics in areas that need improving.  Such as the center position or power forward position.   It does nothing to move the needle closer to banner #18.  

Brown has come into his own and is a star.  He also has become a leader for the Celtics.  Brown is 4 years younger (24/28), has 3 years left on his contract at reasonable money, and even in overall stats (24.7 Pts/6 RB/3.4 APG), verses (31 pts/4.7 RB/4.4 APG).  

Brown is bigger 6'6" verses 6'3" and a hell of a lot cheaper.  How many max contracts can the Celtics pay?

All this talk is all hype by the media and players and as far as I am concern is a bunch of malarkey or down right poppycock!

If you want to change the Celtics for the better, and use Brown in a trade to improve your club, start by trading Brown for Karl-Anthony Towns!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am

I am not sure that the Celtics should try to go after Beal with some other guys. We would have to assume that Marcus Smart would be in the mix. Not moving him either.

Maybe the Celtics resign EF and use him as part of a trade package for Beal down the road.

Personally I do not think he would be a good fit on Boston. We really do not need a SG do we.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:28 pm

Can we now end the Bradley Beal to Boston stories??? With the trading of Westbrook, they have put all their eggs into Beals basket, hoping to sign players to surround him with. He is there for the next year at least.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 pm

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. But I do hope he stays another year. Makes it easier for the Celts to acquire him without giving up JB.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:00 pm

How does it make it easier next year?  He can opt out after next year and pretty much pick which team he wants to play for.  If he becomes a FA the Celtics will not have the CAP space to sign him.  The wizards would have to agree to a sign and trade and he would be looking for  a raise. He would have to want to go to Boston.

Ho hum
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Exactly, let’s move on to the real world.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:46 pm

dboss wrote:How does it make it easier next year?  He can opt out after next year and pretty much pick which team he wants to play for.  If he becomes a FA the Celtics will not have the CAP space to sign him.  The wizards would have to agree to a sign and trade and he would be looking for  a raise. He would have to want to go to Boston.

Ho hum
Cmon Boss. He said that Boston is one of his preferred location. Again, the financials can be worked if the FO is smart as some here think they are. Case you’re nit paying attention, other teams are doing it. Naw we don’t want a player that averaged 31 pts per last year. You want Malcolm Brogden. Naw We’’a Too good for own good.
Y’all need to get off your high horses thinking that these are the Celtics of old.
Thumb your uppity noses all you want and pray that Brown and Tatum are still here or want to be here in 4 yrs..
Y’all sometimes make me sicker than 10 dogs.
1 title in 35 years and still want to be uppity. Filene’s franchise.
Hey at least we are catching up with the Bucks. Lol

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:49 pm

The NBA is the real world. Not the world that some of us celtics fans from the 70’s wish it still is. Remove the green blinders and we’ll all see the “real world”.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 pm

I keep my green glasses and hope for the best. You can put yours on and not bother watching if you find it so distasteful.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I keep my green glasses and hope for the best.  You can put yours on and not bother watching if you find it so distasteful.

I don’t find it distasteful at all. Just some of the fans. Hello?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:How does it make it easier next year?  He can opt out after next year and pretty much pick which team he wants to play for.  If he becomes a FA the Celtics will not have the CAP space to sign him.  The wizards would have to agree to a sign and trade and he would be looking for  a raise. He would have to want to go to Boston.

Ho hum
Cmon Boss. He said that Boston is one of his preferred location. Again, the financials can be worked if the FO is smart as some here think they are. Case you’re nit paying attention, other teams are doing it. Naw we don’t want a player that averaged 31 pts per last year. You want Malcolm Brogden. Naw We’’a Too good for own good.
Y’all need to get off your high horses thinking that these are the Celtics of old.
Thumb your uppity noses all you want and pray that Brown and Tatum are still here or want to be here in 4 yrs..
Y’all sometimes make me sicker than 10 dogs.
1 title in 35 years and still want to be uppity. Filene’s franchise.
Hey at least we are catching up with the Bucks. Lol

ktron

Save all the theatrics and just answer the GD question. How does it make it easier?

First you said you would trade Jaylen for him now you say we can get him because we are a preferred destination. Well that's rich. I never seen a quote from him where he stated that he wanted to come to Boston.

Nobody is thumbing there nose except for you.

Once you said you would trade Jaylen for him I could only conclude that your are suffering from some sort of cognitive disorder.

Stay the hell out of Robell's and Filene's basement because it is having a negative impact on your perception of value.

We need a dynamic PG more than we need a greedy ostentatious stat chaser.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Awww shut it down Boss. Your dynamic point guards are PP snd Malcolm Brogdon. Your fired!’ I know what I said and no I wouldn’t do it straight up even though I intimated that. Can a person change their mind? I mean you do it all the time. In fact u should be in Tokyo right bout now as much as you back pedal.
READ. Beal said Boston was one of his preferred destinations. He can be acquired by us. You do the gd math professor. It’s very possible without Brown.
GD right I want on this team. Call him a stat chaser all u want. He puts up 30 and so far we got 2 that may be approaching his talent level. Disagree if you like cuz it’s your right. Btw u thumb your nose at great players and fall in love with getalongs then throw out stats that even u don’t understand.
You’re pretty entertaining though especially for u know who cuz I dont recall mentioning your name prior to…
I ain’t impressed. You’ve lost a little something after getting laid off from Joe and Nemo’s.
Bottom line. I want to win so I ain’t thumbing my nose at any one player. That can help us win. We all wear green glasses. I’m just able to see through mine.
Highland Tap is still open. Go have a few on me. Hee her

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:22 am

Ktron just talk the game, your jokes are not that funny IMO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next