Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green Empty Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green

Post by 112288 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:22 am

Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green
The veteran averaged 9.5 points per game last season

NESN by Dakota Randall

The Boston Celtics did a whole lot of nothing over the first two days of NBA free agency, but reportedly remain interested in multiple players.

One of those players: veteran forward Danny Green, according to the co-host of his own podcast.

Check out this excerpt from from a column published Tuesday by Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer:

As of midday Tuesday, the 76ers and Danny Green were nowhere close to a deal that would keep him with the team.

This comes after both sides had spoken multiple times over a 24-hour span, according to Green’s “Inside The Green Room” co-host Harrison Sanford.

Sanford said representatives from the Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, and New Orleans Pelicans have reached out to the Sixers free-agent small forward. He also noted that Green knows new Celtics head coach Ime Udoka and Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer stemming from their days as San Antonio Spurs.

Green is a player with playoff experience (three-time NBA champion), strong defense and an above-average 3-point shot. He would be a solid addition for the Celtics, albeit it one that wouldn’t get Boston any closer to being a contender in the Eastern Conference.

The 34-year-old last season averaged 9.5 points per game for the Philadelphia 76ers while shooting 41 percent from long distance.

Back to top Go down

Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green Empty Re: Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green

Post by 112288 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:30 am

Danny would make a lot of sense for the Celtics.  Championship experience, scoring off the bench, and veteran leadership.

I watched Danny grow up as a student of St. Mary's High School in Manhasset, NY (Long Island).  He was a gifted player that could really shoot the ball.  My twin daughters were friends of his in school and sat at the same lunch table with him.

One of my daughters beat Danny out for Athlete of the year award (started women's golf team, and women golfer of year in Catholic League).  Danny could not live that down! LOL

Last edited by 112288 on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green Empty Re: Celtics Reportedly Among Teams Interested In Free Agent Danny Green

Post by worcester Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:31 am

Why do we need another small forward when we don't have a PG? I just read your post 112288 after I submitted mine at the same time. Ok, go for Danny Green, but don't neglect the need for a PG.

Great story about your daughter. In 1966 I had a really beautiful girlfriend from Manhassett - Kris Olson. She went to Wellesley and then Yale law. She was a close friend of Hillary through both schools, and when Bill became President, he named her the Federal Attorney for the Oregon District. I was also friends with Bob Marblestone of Manhassett through college. He was class of '65 at Manhasset High, along with Kris.

Last edited by worcester on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:33 am

worcester wrote:Why do we need another small forward when we don't have a PG?

Worcester, Because we have no great 3 point shooter off the bench!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 am

Makes sense 112288. Makes sense.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:42 am

worcester wrote:Why do we need another small forward when we don't have a PG? I just read your post 112288 after I submitted mine at the same time. Ok, go for Danny Green, but don't neglect the need for a PG.

Great story about your daughter. In 1966 I had a really beautiful girlfriend from Manhassett - Kris Olson. She went to Wellesley and then Yale law. She was a close friend of Hillary through both schools, and when Bill became President, he named her the Federal Attorney for the Oregon District. I was also friends with Bob Marblestone of Manhassett through college. He was class of '65 at Manhasset High, along with Kris.

Worcester, small world. I knew you only date pretty women! LOL.

But I agree with you 100% on getting a point guard. It will be a glaring problem for the Celtics this year. Perhaps this kid from Israel can break through into the lineup like Pritchard.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:44 am

Madar will be a fine player. Question is when. It's asking a whole lot for him to blossom this year. Fruit need time to ripen. Players too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:54 am

Worcester,  Do you know who else grew up in Manhasset?

Dan Gurney the race car driver, Sean Spicer (press secretary - Trump), and, and, and Jackie MacMullan (sports writer) born in Manhasset.

We regularly see Bill O'Reilly, Mike Breen (NBA) and Mike Francesa (WFAN Sports) at St Mary's Church - 5 pm mass.  My wife's claim to fame is she administered the host to Bill O'Reilly and Mike Francesa - LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:56 am

Worse love that long hair and wild fu man chu mustache I saw on FB🤣😂🍀💕

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:00 am

Cow, that was from 1972 when I moved to my farm in Saskatchewan. My ex (rhymes with wrecks) must have posted that.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:01 am

DGreen would cut into the minutes of AN and Romeo, plus we have Josh Richardson too. At some point we have enough wings, I expect the 2 youngins to make a jump.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:01 am

worcester wrote:Cow, that was from 1972 when I moved to my farm in Saskatchewan. My ex (rhymes with wrecks) must have posted that.

Cool look

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:02 am

112288.,. Impressive stories about Manhassett and St. Mary's. Helluva gal, St. Mary. My favorite.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:21 am

Danny Green resigns with Philly.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down