I T breaks down after scoring 81 points

4 posters

Go down

I T breaks down after scoring 81 points Empty I T breaks down after scoring 81 points

Post by Ktron Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:52 pm

“The league has given up on me”.
If he signs with the Lakers as rumor has it and we still have CE, I’m done.
Good for him but..I’m done

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1425299552521818117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1425299552521818117%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-289335493260707103.ampproject.net%2F2107302322001%2Fframe.html

Ktron

Back to top Go down

I T breaks down after scoring 81 points Empty Re: I T breaks down after scoring 81 points

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Karon,

Have to find a new home for Carsen.  Just cutting him won't help because we're SO close to the cap.  I sure hope Brad is trying.   Say one thing for Brad, there's nothing wrong with his work ethic.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I T breaks down after scoring 81 points Empty Re: I T breaks down after scoring 81 points

Post by Ktron Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:Karon,

Have to find a new home for Carsen.  Just cutting him won't help because we're SO close to the cap.  I sure hope Brad is trying.   Say one thing for Brad, there's nothing wrong with his work ethic.

Bob

Yeah, we need to find some GM who’s a Kit Carsen fan. Hate to dump on him but he ( as my grandmother used to say “needs to run along now”.
Brad is putting in much work indeed.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:18 pm

Ktron wrote:“The league has given up on me”.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1425299552521818117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1425299552521818117%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-289335493260707103.ampproject.net%2F2107302322001%2Fframe.html

Thanks for posting this. IT deserves a shot in the league, and I'd be so psyched if he somehow wound up in green. It is insane to say there is no place in the league for IT. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think he is a victim of heightism. Yeah, he's short. Yeah, he's not the greatest defender. But the dude could still pit up 40, maybe 50, in the NBA today. There is no value, even as a sparkplug off the bench, for a guy who can simply get buckets? Enes can't play D, and he's in the league. Carmen Edward's is in the league (for now). Grant freaking Williams is in the league. Ignoring his leadership qualities, which should not be ignored, IT"s offensive gifts alone should get him a spot in the association. Idiot front office people and writers argue that he is too much of a defensive liability. While D is not his strength, they are completely putting too much emphasis on that part of his game and too little emphasis on other parts of his game. As professionals, they should be able to weigh plusses and minuses effectively, yet they can't. He nearly led the Celtics to the finals not so long ago (and he was the leader). Maybe he is not quite that player anymore due to his hip, but since when did not being the best player on a contender exclude anyone from the NBA. There is some kind of collective insanity keeping this guy out of the league. It's a little like Kap in the NFL, except that IT was more impactful and never ruffled any political feathers. GIVE IT A JOB!!!!

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktron wrote:“The league has given up on me”.

Thanks for posting this. IT deserves a shot in the league, and I'd be so psyched if he somehow wound up in green. It is insane to say there is no place in the league for IT. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think he is a victim of heightism. Yeah, he's short. Yeah, he's not the greatest defender. But the dude could still pit up 40, maybe 50, in the NBA today. There is no value, even as a sparkplug off the bench, for a guy who can simply get buckets? Enes can't play D, and he's in the league. Carmen Edward's is in the league (for now). Grant freaking Williams is in the league. Ignoring his leadership qualities, which should not be ignored, IT"s offensive gifts alone should get him a spot in the association. Idiot front office people and writers argue that he is too much of a defensive liability. While D is not his strength, they are completely putting too much emphasis on that part of his game and too little emphasis on other parts of his game. As professionals, they should be able to weigh plusses and minuses effectively, yet they can't. He nearly led the Celtics to the finals not so long ago (and he was the leader). Maybe he is not quite that player anymore due to his hip, but since when did not being the best player on a contender exclude anyone from the NBA. There is some kind of collective insanity keeping this guy out of the league. It's a little like Kap in the NFL, except that IT was more impactful and never ruffled any political feathers. GIVE IT A JOB!!!!

I agree with your assessment. It is insane. If they’re saying he’s a defensive liability than they’re slightly out of touch. We all agree that defense is important but this league has deemphasize D consistently with their silly rule changes.
No one is rewarded for playing D. Case in point- During the playoffs and especially during the finals, Jrue Holiday was defending his ass off but all they kept talking about was how bad he was playing offensively. It wasn’t until after the finals when there was some acknowledgement on how great he played defending Paul and Booker. Had the Bucks lost, they would have been blaming his lack of offensive production as one of the main reasons for their failure.
IT can still fill it up and as you pointed out, he is still better than a lot of players taking up space in NBA locker rooms.
His size may be a liability long term and thats why he was never going to get that bag but at this point a long term contract is not even in the equation.   I follow him on Twitter and he is always so positive when other players (and some are stiffs)either get signed or when a player has a big game. He has so much faith in himself and his abilities and i think thats what keeps him going. But a man can only take so much.The man just needs a chance.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:08 pm

I'll take IT over the eggshell running Kanter everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Celtics have 2 PG's they would like to move at the same time.  I wonder if CE play this summer will spark a smidgen of interest.

With all the things that have happened to IT, he defies the harsh reality of life and just keeps moving forward with a smile on his face and love in his heart.

A redemptive move may bring forth a burst of positive Karma.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:09 pm

dboss wrote:I'll take IT over the eggshell running Kanter everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Celtics have 2 PG's they would like to move at the same time.  I wonder if CE play this summer will spark a smidgen of interest.

With all the things that have happened to IT, he defies the harsh reality of life and just keeps moving forward with a smile on his face and love in his heart.

YES! Especially your last 2 sentences.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:I'll take IT over the eggshell running Kanter everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

YES! Especially your last 2 sentences.

Over the years the Celtics have had a ton of guys that were 15th on the roster and none of them were as good as IT is this day. Unfortunately, there exists a roster overflow. Maybe he can join another team on the vet minimum.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down