Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks

4 posters

Go down

Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks Empty Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:58 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/09/tremont-waters-agrees-to-deal-with-bucks-ending-two-year-stint-with-celtics-report.html

Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks, ending two-year stint with Celtics (report)

Updated: Sep. 07, 2021, 7:31 p.m. | Published: Sep. 07, 2021, 7:29 p.m.

Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks DNISNSBLA5BY5N745DCGOT6ZQY
Boston Celtics' Tremont Waters plays against the Cleveland Cavaliers during the second half of an NBA preseason basketball game in Boston, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)AP

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Tremont Waters will have an opportunity to earn a roster spot with the defending champions this fall. The third-year point guard agreed to a one-year deal with the Bucks according to Shams Charania of the Athletic. He is expected to compete for a spot on the 15-man roster or one of Milwaukee’s open two-way roster spots.

Waters, 23, will become the second former Celtic this offseason to sign with the Bucks after fourth-year veteran Semi Ojeleye signed a deal with Milwaukee on the opening night of free agency. Waters may also become the second ex-Celtic point guard to suit up for Milwaukee in the past year after Jeff Teague (now a free agent) signed with the Bucks last April after being traded by Boston.

The 5-foot-10 guard was drafted in the second round by the Celtics in the 2019 NBA Draft and played 37 games over his first two years with the team. He averaged 3.8 points and 2.4 assists in 26 games last year while getting multiple cracks at the rotation but the team elected to go in a different direction with their two-way spots this offseason.

Boston signed rookie Sam Hauser to a two-way deal last month and still has a second two-way spot open after the team’s other two-way player Tacko Fall signed a deal with Cleveland. Waters played with the Houston Rockets during NBA Summer League in Las Vegas before agreeing to a deal with Milwaukee.

Bob
MY NOTE:  So both Tacko and Tremont are with other teams.  Both have, what appear to be, non-guaranteed one-year NBA deals (I say Tremont's is non-guaranteed because the article says he is expected to "to compete for a spot on the 15-man roster or one of Milwaukee’s open two-way roster spots."  This might just be a camp contract, also known as a "Exhibit 10" contract).  Good luck to Tremont, and to Tacko, just not when they're playing us.  I do find it interesting that Brad didn't consider either for our roster.  I'm not faulting Brad, both are marginal NBA players, I'm just aware that he didn't try to find room for him at the bottom of the roster for them.  Maybe Tacko would have had a chance if Enes Kanter hadn't come back on a veteran's minimum contract.  Kanter is a legit NBA player and, for the minimum, is a good value. I also think it's interesting that Budenholzer and the Milwaukee front office is seeing the value in the fruits of Brad's system.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks Empty Re: Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks

Post by dboss Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Best of luck to both of them.

They can still carve out a basketball career, if not in the NBA, then maybe overseas.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks Empty Re: Tremont Waters agrees to deal with Bucks

Post by Ktron Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Damn Tremont street. Watch that lil fker end up getting a ring just like 55 did.

But really wish him well. I think he has some value

Last edited by Ktron on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:31 am

I also want to wish this guy the best of luck. Unfortunately, he was unable to produce enough positive results in his time with Boston, and with their improved depth he has had to move on.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm

The Celtics have parted ways with 3 undersized PG's.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down