Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors

+2
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors Empty Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:16 am

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/avery-bradley-agrees-deal-warriors-182907344.html

Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors

HoopsHype
Fri, September 24, 2021, 9:29 PM

Shams Charania: Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell me and @Anthony Slater.
Source: Twitter @ShamsCharania

What’s the buzz on Twitter?

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell me and @Anthony Slater. – 2:18 PM

Chris Biderman @TheWarriorsWire
Before the start of training camp, the Warriors will reportedly be working out free agent guards Avery Bradley, Quinn Cook and Isaiah Thomas. warriorswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/20/rep… – 4:00 PM

More on this storyline
Barry Jackson: Per source, Bradley was very much open to a Heat return, but Heat was not interested in that, at this time. -via Twitter @flasportsbuzz / September 22, 2021

Barry Jackson: Per source, Avery Bradley was very much open to a Heat return, but Heat was not interested in that, at this time. -via Twitter @flasportsbuzz / September 20, 2021

Marc J. Spears: Warriors are working out free agent guards Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley & ex-Warrior Quinn Cook among others this week, sources told @TheUndefeated. Warriors would like to sign a big man & 2 guards for camp. Workouts will include 5-on-5 games with a diverse group of free agents. -via Twitter @MarcJSpears / September 20, 2021

Bob
MY NOTE:  To the best of my research this is a Exhibit 10 training camp contract, i.e. "non-guaranteed".  AB will be 31 years old in late November, so he's still 30, and used to be the most feared on-the-ball backcourt defender in the NBA.  I still have vivid memory of Stan Van Gundy on the sidelines with his arms crossed, his mouth hanging open and his eyes wide and unblinking watching AB full-court press Jameer Nelson in a game.  AB got one vote for DPOY that year, and I'll bet it was from SVG.  Now he's a bubble player, just like Arcidiacono and Matthews, and he's not that old.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors Empty Re: Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 pm

So does this mean IT is out of the running to get offered the same kind of deal? This poor guy, I truly feel so bad for him. Either teams are seeing that he has no lift left, or his time has just past. I wish he would get a shot, he is working so hard to make it back to the NBA, has said he will not go overseas, which I don’t blame him, he has a family to raise and is a good father.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors Empty Re: Avery Bradley agrees to deal with Warriors

Post by dboss Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:23 pm

AB was one of my favorites.  He has carved out a 17 year career in the NBA.  I always wish the best for most former Celtics players.

Last edited by dboss on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 am

dboss wrote:AB was one of my favorites.  He has carved out a 17 year career un the NBA.  I always wish the best for most former Celtics players.

dboss,

How does a 30 year old carve out a 17 year career in the NBA?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:53 am

Avery went straight into the NBA from grammar school.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 am

Bradley was also a favorite of mine, but his offense was never good enough to be the star most Cs fans (including me) wanted him to be.

Now, he has slipped on defense and his offense is still not any better than it ever was so he is going to have to be happy with a vet's minimum and a substitute's role where he can play when needed but mostly to mentor young guys.

I, too, always root for my favorite ex-Celtics, and would like to congratulate Mr. Bradley for his time in Boston and also in his future endeavors.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am

worcester wrote:Avery went straight into the NBA from grammar school.

Did I write 17? Yes I did. I meant 11 not 17.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 pm

So he was 19, still in Grammar school and allowed to play in the NBA. God bless America!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down