Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee

2 posters

Go down

Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee Empty Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 am

I know there is a good chance this might not pass inspection on this site posting anything Yankee, but I will take that chance. When I saw this interview, I had not realized how much Mariano Rivera had racked up in his post-season career with saves. Truly a champion in everything he says and does.

My favorite part so far is when Dennis Eckersley asks him about the World Series that got away from him and how devastating it was to Dennis when he blew the Kirk Gibson HR and if Mario had the same response.

Mario says to effect he has no regrets because he gives baseball everything he has. Yes he learned from it, but he had no regrets. He tipped his hat to them when they beat him and the Yankees at their best. Wow!! Sounds just like the 2009 season for us. Given all the bs and injuries and finally coming up 4 @$%&^#% points short (OK, some of us are still not over it!!) I think I'm ready to leave last season behind. As far as Celtic Season 2009 for me, no regrets. I tip my hat to the Lakers. We left everything on the floor.

Sorry for the brief ad at the beginning. I didn't know how to sidestep that.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12784309
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee Empty Re: Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:53 pm

dbrown,

I suppose there won't be many responses to anything mentioning the Yankees on this board!

No problem mentioning them in my book, however, since they are certainly among the top couple of professional sports franchises in terms of championship history and winning tradition. I rate it in no particular order as Celtics, Packers, Yankees and Canadiens as the all-time top-notch franchises (Red Sox, Cubbies, Dodgers, Steelers and '9ers just below) so I'm good with your Yankees ad.

Besides, I'm an Orioles fan. We were out of it in spring training.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee Empty Re: Interesting Celtic Traits coming from a NY Yankee

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Gee, folks here are slowing down.

I thought it would take about 5 minutes for someone to notice I included the Cubs and left out the Patriots in my list of winners above.

I got a laugh writing it anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down