Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme

5 posters

Go down

Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme  Empty Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme

Post by dboss Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:53 pm

BOSTON —
Several former Boston Celtics players are included in a list of NBA players charged with defrauding the NBA’s Health and Welfare Benefit Plan out of millions of dollars, federal prosecutors said Thursday.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme  Empty Re: Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme

Post by dboss Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:54 pm

A total of 18 former NBA players and one other person were charged in the indictment. Among those are other former Boston players, Sebastian Telfair, Milt Palacio, Tony Allen and Glen "Big Baby" Davis.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme  Empty Re: Former NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme

Post by dboss Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:01 pm

None of these players were on the team when the alleged scheme took place (between 2017-2020)

It is a damn shame. Mindless! These players had NBA jobs.

16 players are now in custody.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:10 pm

The ring leader was Terrence Williams who last played in the NBA for Boston in the 2012-2013 season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Well, I hope their new surroundings. What a bunch of thieves. These guys deserve whatever
happens to them. Sad that the Boston Celtics name has to be brought up regarding this. Everyone of them had been gone for a while, they were not Celtics. Tony Allen??? he made a decent amount of money, Telfair is just a thug, Davis....out in no mans land as far as I am concerned, he is involved in a big marijuana scam, looking for an easy way to make / scam money.

Gross
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:18 pm

While I don’t condone what some of these players “allegedly” did, Lets be real. Insurance companies have been raping folks for decades. Don’t take my word for it. If you have insurance peruse your bills and see how much they’re charging for services and meds and then look at the “discounts”. Better yet, just look at their earnings reach year. Hell, if these players did this they should be charged for being idiots. There’s better and smarter ways to rip off insurance, just follow their lead. Insurance for the lack of a better word are the real “thugs”. Let’s not get it twisted…

Michael J. Driscoll, the head of New York's FBI office, said the case demonstrated the FBI's continued focus on uncovering fraud scams that cost the health care industry tens of billions of dollars a year.

GT_OH!
Thats nothing compared to how much those “scamming” companies steal each year. The FBI should be investigating big insurance but we know that ain’t never gonna happen.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Stealing is wrong.  Guys like Allen made$40 million.

When people scam insurance companies they pass the cost to us. 

The only reason I added this thread is because it involves NBA players and several were on our team.  However I do not believe that insurance companies should be part of the discussion.  That is a subject for a non sports forum.  Just my opinion as I am thoroughly disgusted with our former players.

Last edited by dboss on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:39 pm

dboss wrote:Stealing is wrong.  Guys like Allen made$40 million.

When people scan insurance companies they pass the cost to us. 

The only reason I added this thread is because it involves NBA players and several where on our team.  However I do not believe that insurance companies should be part of the discussion.  That is a subject for a non sports forum.  Just my opinion as I am thoroughly disgusted with our former players.

Sorry sir,
The posting of a story that has several components to it such as this one either should be fully discussed or left alone.
What exactly was your point? That stealing is wrong especially when you’ve made 40 million during your career? If he made 2 million it wouldn’t make a difference. Stealing is stealing and Insurance have mastered it for decades.
You also pointed out in your response that the Insurance companies pass the cost to us. That in itself is wrong. “He steals from me so I steal from you”.
The story is about players allegedly defrauding the plan. The plan has to have Insurance companies attached. The same insurance companies that throw people out of hospitals and nursing homes. The same insurance companies that charge you extra if you use the services that your paying for. You can get sick but don’t get too sick John Q or your through.
No, the above is not directly related to basketball but the story is the story. All of it.
If it doesn’t belong here (which is probably right) then lets not discuss it at all. However, if its posted and I feel the need to respond, thats what I’m inclined to do until told otherwise.

NON basketball related pt 2. Tomorrow morning i’ll be on V103 in Atlanta at 9:30am est. I promise to mention something about basketball even if I’m told not to do so. :>)
“Regulators…mount up”!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:34 pm

My point is that stealing is wrong.

All the other stuff is unrelated to what those players did.  It is a great topic for socio-economic thought and many other unfair business practices are relevant topics of conversation but not on this forum.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:54 am

dboss wrote:My point is that stealing is wrong.

All the other stuff is unrelated to what those players did.  It is a great topic for socio-economic thought and many other unfair business practices are relevant topics of conversation but not on this forum.

Okay Warren G. I Hear ya!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:33 am

I agree that stealing is wrong. I also agree with ktron that insurance companies are bigger thieves than these morons. Probably just as well to put this one to bed. There's not much more to say about it.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:06 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I agree that stealing is wrong. I also agree with ktron that insurance companies are bigger thieves than these morons. Probably just as well to put this one to bed. There's not much more to say about it.

+1

The perfect statement to wrap this one up.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:13 pm

+1
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down