Delonte West Arrest!

+2
wideclyde
Ktron
6 posters

Go down

Delonte West Arrest! Empty Delonte West Arrest!

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:40 am

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — A former NBA guard who played eight seasons in the league was arrested Tuesday night after a bizarre encounter with Boynton Beach police.
Police said Delonte West, who played for multiple teams, including the Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks, was arrested following an incident with officers.
A case report from Boynton Beach police said that just before 9 p.m., officers responded to the department's lobby, located at 2100 High Ridge Road, for an individual yelling and banging on the glass doors.
The report states that West, 38, was screaming profanities while holding an open can of Icehouse beer and an open bottle of Mango Vodka.
Officers said when he began to walk away while still screaming, they ordered him to stop.
When he refused, they then commanded him to place the open containers of alcohol on the sidewalk.

The report said West complied with those demands, however, when he stood back up, he began to place his hands inside the waistband of his pants.
Police said one officer unholstered and initialized a Taser and continued to give verbal commands. Officers said West complied, dropped to his knees with his hands in the air and was handcuffed.
When they tried to secure him in the back of a patrol vehicle, they said the former NBA player "continued to be belligerent and screaming profanities and obscure rants."

The report said that West smelled of alcohol and his speech was slowed and slurred, consistent with impairment.
West faces charges of resisting an officer without violence, disorderly intoxication and having an open container.
Jail records indicate he was released on bail at 5:46 a.m. Wednesday.
The former Saint Joseph's University player was the Celtics first-round pick in the 2004 NBA draft.

K- So Sad for Delonte. Addiction and mental illness can be deadly

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Delonte West Arrest! Empty Re: Delonte West Arrest!

Post by wideclyde Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 am

Unfortunately, some guys never are able to recover.

Best of luck to Delonte.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am

i saw this yesterday and it's a really sad situation, ive mentioned before i think that i have several in my family who suffer from mental disorders. One of those is my dad, when he's doing good he is one of the finest men you could meet. Other times he's a regular pain in the rear end. for him battling his mental problems is a daily battle and you never win ever battle in a war.

West was one of my favorite players, and I'm still cheering him on, it sucks to lose some battles, just never surrender the war. I hope theres good news soon for Delonte.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Mental illness should not be treated as a crime.

My prayers go out to Delonte
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:08 pm

My daughter was an Assistant Principal at the high school that Delonte attended.
Says he was a good student and a good kid with no behavioral issues.
One never knows when or how mental illness decides to manifest itself.
Such a sad story.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:26 pm

This is one of the saddest stories I have read. Mental illness is just so unbearable for some. No matter how many people have tried to help Delonte, he is a victim of his own body and mind. My heart goes out to him. I thought when Mark Cuban reached out and helped him the last time that, maybe, just maybe, he would continue with his treatment, stay on his meds, and find his way. I fear the next story we read about him is an ending to him torture.

God bless him, prayers go out to him, I am so sorry for him

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:04 pm

This bums me out. I always saw Delonte as a good dude, almost a little too innocent for fame and the NBA. Many former players, coaches, and admin people from various teams Delonte played in have been supportive - I hope they continue to support this guy even when it proves difficult. Mental illness is a real thing and there is simple cure

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down