Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA

2 posters

Go down

Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA Empty Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:36 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-stats-snapshot-boston-toughest-195707182.html

Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA

Justin Quinn
Sat, December 4, 2021, 11:57 AM

If you have been paying attention, you have likely noticed that the Boston Celtics have been playing some harder opponents of late, and that is a trend that will continue throughout the month of December.

In fact, per the NBA, the Celtics are currently slogging through the hardest schedule in the league this month, and it isn’t especially close. A glut of teams have a cumulative opponent winning percentage in the .500 range — signaling a fairly tough slate of games ahead for the month — but only Boston tops .600 at .610 across the 15 games they are scheduled to play this December.

On top of that, 14 of the 15 games will come to teams with records at or above .500, and more than half — eight to be precise — will be played on the road, with three back-to-backs thrown in for good measure.

So, if things seem especially tough for the Celtics this month, it isn’t just you — this is truly one of the more brutal months we have seen any team go through in recent memory.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Keep calm and "see me in April".

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA Empty Re: Celtics stats snapshot: Boston has toughest schedule in league for December, per NBA

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:03 am

My dad used to say a stretch like this will grow hair on your chest!  Thanks, Dad!  Of course that phrase applied to just about anything parents wanted you to do that you didn't want to do!  I tell it to my adult daughters all the time...they are not amused.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down